The US health care plan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2017, 07:14 AM
RE: The US health care plan
Ottawa, Ontario is looking like a mighty nice place to live. While I don't spend TOO much for my anxiety treatment compared to some, my money has been very tight because of it. I probably spend $200-$300 a month on medication and therapy, WITH insurance. In Canada, that's free, or at least far more reasonable. That alone would probably ease my anxiety more than any medication.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2017, 10:18 AM
(28-07-2017 05:19 AM)DLJ Wrote:  This is a joy to behold...

I think McCain just did a mic drop on Trump.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-07-2017, 10:26 AM
(28-07-2017 05:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If you believe this or Obama care was ever about anyone's healthcare, I'd have to guess you still believe in Santa Claus.

It's corporate welfare for insurance companies.

When you get rid of the profit motive, it'll be about healthcare.

No, that wasn't the goal. The goal was always single payer. Realizing they couldn't get that, they did the next best thing by expanding Medicaid and enticing the States to adopt it with a 90% federal funding guarantee. The more people on Medicare/caid, the closer we are to single payer. And what we just saw is another example that entitlement programs are never repealed. It was actually quite brilliantly played I think.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-07-2017, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2017 10:45 AM by GirlyMan.)
(28-07-2017 12:45 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  It died by a single vote; 3 nays from Murkowski, McCain and Collins.

Nevertheless, she persisted. Smile

28-07-2017, 10:31 AM
(28-07-2017 10:26 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 05:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If you believe this or Obama care was ever about anyone's healthcare, I'd have to guess you still believe in Santa Claus.

It's corporate welfare for insurance companies.

When you get rid of the profit motive, it'll be about healthcare.

No, that wasn't the goal. The goal was always single payer. Realizing they couldn't get that, they did the next best thing by expanding Medicaid and enticing the States to adopt it with a 90% federal funding guarantee. The more people on Medicare/caid, the closer we are to single payer. And what we just saw is another example that entitlement programs are never repealed. It was actually quite brilliantly played I think.

Exactly. And I still see Obama's smug grin when asked whether he feared for Obama care. He didn't answer, just grinned.

It's just ridiculous though to have to go through such contortions for people to realize what the civilized world has known for decades. Looks like it will take a bunch more time to finish re-inventing the wheel.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
28-07-2017, 10:51 AM
I am glad 3 members of the republican party are trying to do what's best and not just what is expected.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
28-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Full disclosure: I have lived in Arizona for 12 years, through two senate elections and the 2008 presidential run and have never voted for McCain. In fact, the only time I did vote for him was in 2000 in the NY Primary when he was running against that tit-turd Bush. "Maverick" my ass. He was just another republicunt.

Still, I was reasonably impressed with his vote last night until this morning when I read a statement he released:

Quote:"From the beginning, I have believed that Obamacare should be repealed and replaced with a solution that increases competition, lowers costs, and improves care for the American people," McCain said in a statement after the bill failed in a 49 to 51 early morning vote.

"The so-called 'skinny repeal' amendment the Senate voted on today would not accomplish those goals," he continued.

That's magical thinking. Increasing competition - why should that be a goal? - will not lower costs or improve care. What we saw before the ACA was passed was that insurance companies colluded to maximize their profits and discard anyone who would cost them a lot of money in claims. Insurance companies are middlemen who pull money out of the system and offer no value to it.

We need to take the profit motive out of health care and the idea that our current crop of republicunt shits will do that is simply a pipe dream. McCain is as delusional as the rest. His action was not heroic. It was Quixotic.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
28-07-2017, 10:59 AM
(28-07-2017 10:51 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I am glad 3 members of the republican party are trying to do what's best and not just what is expected.

McCain is not subject to threats anymore. He is going to put his votes where his mouth has been for some time. He doesn't care about re-election and whatever else they may have up their sleeves to coerce people.

Once you have an expiration date, a lot of things suddenly don't matter anymore and other things spring to the fore.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
28-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Has Trumpy turned back to bashing McCain?
28-07-2017, 12:23 PM
(28-07-2017 10:54 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  Full disclosure: I have lived in Arizona for 12 years, through two senate elections and the 2008 presidential run and have never voted for McCain. In fact, the only time I did vote for him was in 2000 in the NY Primary when he was running against that tit-turd Bush. "Maverick" my ass. He was just another republicunt.

Still, I was reasonably impressed with his vote last night until this morning when I read a statement he released:

Quote:"From the beginning, I have believed that Obamacare should be repealed and replaced with a solution that increases competition, lowers costs, and improves care for the American people," McCain said in a statement after the bill failed in a 49 to 51 early morning vote.

"The so-called 'skinny repeal' amendment the Senate voted on today would not accomplish those goals," he continued.

That's magical thinking. Increasing competition - why should that be a goal? - will not lower costs or improve care. What we saw before the ACA was passed was that insurance companies colluded to maximize their profits and discard anyone who would cost them a lot of money in claims. Insurance companies are middlemen who pull money out of the system and offer no value to it.

We need to take the profit motive out of health care and the idea that our current crop of republicunt shits will do that is simply a pipe dream. McCain is as delusional as the rest. His action was not heroic. It was Quixotic.

No one said the brain tumor turned him from republican to democrat.

It did liberate him from having to tow the party line.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post