The US health care plan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2017, 10:14 AM
RE: The US health care plan
(29-07-2017 09:55 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He told them this is exactly what he was going to do on Tuesday. What surprises me is they didn't take a dying American hero at his word.

Yes, he did. He told them exactly what he was going to do, and they either weren't paying attention to what he said, or were convinced that he would vote with them in the end.

Quote:I voted for the motion to proceed to allow debate to continue and amendments to be offered. I will not vote for the bill as it is today. It’s a shell of a bill right now. We all know that. I have changes urged by my state’s governor that will have to be included to earn my support for final passage of any bill.

And stupidly, they took it to a floor vote as it was, and he voted it down. And they were shocked! Gee, how could he stab us in the back and do exactly what he told us he was going to do? Gasp

So someone remind me again - how much do we pay these people in the Senate? Does anyone think we are getting full value for our money?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
29-07-2017, 10:18 AM
Interesting video.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-07-2017, 10:19 AM
(29-07-2017 10:14 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 09:55 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He told them this is exactly what he was going to do on Tuesday. What surprises me is they didn't take a dying American hero at his word.

Yes, he did. He told them exactly what he was going to do, and they either weren't paying attention to what he said, or were convinced that he would vote with them in the end.

Quote:I voted for the motion to proceed to allow debate to continue and amendments to be offered. I will not vote for the bill as it is today. It’s a shell of a bill right now. We all know that. I have changes urged by my state’s governor that will have to be included to earn my support for final passage of any bill.

And stupidly, they took it to a floor vote as it was, and he voted it down. And they were shocked! Gee, how could he stab us in the back and do exactly what he told us he was going to do? Gasp

So someone remind me again - how much do we pay these people in the Senate? Does anyone think we are getting full value for our money?

Perhaps some democrats should have voted for it as well instead of voting no on everything. The ACA is a failure and they don't want to admit it. When they lose about 25 more house seats and 5-10 more senate seats in the midterms maybe they'll finally realize.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
29-07-2017, 11:27 AM
(29-07-2017 10:19 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Perhaps some democrats should have voted for it as well instead of voting no on everything. The ACA is a failure and they don't want to admit it. When they lose about 25 more house seats and 5-10 more senate seats in the midterms maybe they'll finally realize.

Your posts are so often filled with Republican wishful-thinking, they make me smile.

Why do you think the ACA is a failure? What is it about the legislation that can't be fixed?
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
29-07-2017, 12:09 PM
(29-07-2017 11:27 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 10:19 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Perhaps some democrats should have voted for it as well instead of voting no on everything. The ACA is a failure and they don't want to admit it. When they lose about 25 more house seats and 5-10 more senate seats in the midterms maybe they'll finally realize.

Your posts are so often filled with Republican wishful-thinking, they make me smile.

Why do you think the ACA is a failure? What is it about the legislation that can't be fixed?

Skyrocketing premiums. Insurance companies are dropping out every day. Only a few left and most have plans to leave the exchanges soon as well. We were told by Obama "if you like your plan you can keep your plan. If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor." It wasn't true. We lost our plans and our doctors. Rates went up, not down. All it did was expand Medicaid and handouts to the poor. The middle class got fucked.

And I laugh at your Republican wishful thinking comment. Please take note of the 1,000 legislative seats the democrats have lost in the last 10 years, as well as Trump beating Hillary. Also take note of the donation numbers the last 4 months (democrats aren't raising any money) and the polls that show independent voters don't trust the media. Democrats are being abandoned leaving only the far left progressive nut Jobs.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
29-07-2017, 01:33 PM
(29-07-2017 12:09 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Skyrocketing premiums. Insurance companies are dropping out every day. Only a few left and most have plans to leave the exchanges soon as well. We were told by Obama "if you like your plan you can keep your plan. If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor." It wasn't true. We lost our plans and our doctors. Rates went up, not down. All it did was expand Medicaid and handouts to the poor. The middle class got fucked.

You exaggerate as usual.

Successes:
Twenty million more people have health insurance.
It has made many Americans more financially secure.
It has reduced inequality.
It made health insurance more comprehensive.
It lowered the federal deficit.

Failures:
Health insurance remains very expensive.
The health care system remains complex and confusing.
If you like your plan, you can’t always keep your plan ... or your doctor.

Too Soon to Tell:
We don’t know if the law made America healthier.
It’s unclear what the law has done to national health spending.
It may have improved the quality of care in hospitals.

From: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/upsho...letes.html
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
29-07-2017, 02:01 PM
(29-07-2017 06:44 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 10:54 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  Full disclosure: I have lived in Arizona for 12 years, through two senate elections and the 2008 presidential run and have never voted for McCain. In fact, the only time I did vote for him was in 2000 in the NY Primary when he was running against that tit-turd Bush. "Maverick" my ass. He was just another republicunt.

Still, I was reasonably impressed with his vote last night until this morning when I read a statement he released:

That's magical thinking. Increasing competition - why should that be a goal? - will not lower costs or improve care. What we saw before the ACA was passed was that insurance companies colluded to maximize their profits and discard anyone who would cost them a lot of money in claims. Insurance companies are middlemen who pull money out of the system and offer no value to it.

We need to take the profit motive out of health care and the idea that our current crop of republicunt shits will do that is simply a pipe dream. McCain is as delusional as the rest. His action was not heroic. It was Quixotic.
I never got why a single payer gov option addition to the insurence companies isn't an idea they want yet all they say is increase competition all the time... yeah having anyone able to directly choose gov plans over companies would increase the competition. That's a thing that directly does open the goals they say they seek in that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The insurance companies could not compete with a public option. They would not make any money on the deal. The enemy of health care in the US is the idea that it should be a profit-making enterprise for the upper 1%.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
29-07-2017, 02:11 PM
(29-07-2017 02:01 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 06:44 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I never got why a single payer gov option addition to the insurence companies isn't an idea they want yet all they say is increase competition all the time... yeah having anyone able to directly choose gov plans over companies would increase the competition. That's a thing that directly does open the goals they say they seek in that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The insurance companies could not compete with a public option. They would not make any money on the deal. The enemy of health care in the US is the idea that it should be a profit-making enterprise for the upper 1%.

Most places I have seen with one payer systems, there are insurance companies offering supplemental plans - some of them literally like a "first class" service in an airplane, including private room in the hospital and such.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
29-07-2017, 02:45 PM
So the big orange toddler didn't get his way and is threatening to hold his breath till he does.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/t...li=BBnb7Kz

Quote:President Trump on Saturday threatened to end key payments to insurance companies made under Obamacare if a repeal and replace bill is not passed.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-07-2017, 02:56 PM
(29-07-2017 02:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So the big orange toddler didn't get his way and is threatening to hold his breath till he does.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/t...li=BBnb7Kz

Quote:President Trump on Saturday threatened to end key payments to insurance companies made under Obamacare if a repeal and replace bill is not passed.

This is part of why the insurance companies have been slowly withdrawing....the uncertainty. Insurance people need to project the future.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post