The US is #1!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2013 03:29 AM by Free Thought.)
RE: The US is #1!
I can't help but wonder...

How exactly is, (DL is it?) measuring or defining "best" in reference to the US military?

Economically, it utterly fails. If it bleeds the nation dry, it's not worth much in the long run. It's cost simply outweighs the benefits from it's size...

Or is it being argued that it's best " 'cause it's 'Murica!"

all the wars it's gotten itself (and dragged pretty much everybody else) into?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
30-01-2013, 01:39 PM
(30-01-2013 02:30 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:I never said anything to the contrary, nor will you ever catch me saying
anything to the contrary. What I said was that we had the best
military.

And I will repeat myself AGAIN because your simple jar head brain obviously can't comprehend what I am saying.
Your military IS NOT the best because it is a drain on your economy.

Quote:You are not representing my views in it's entirety, and this statement
is false. That is not 'all' I said. Maybe you couldn't comprehend it,
but that is not 'the only thing' I said. I did say it is immoral, but I
never said "because it is".

You didn't have one point to back up that "income tax is immoral" just like now when you say taxation is directly tied to freedom which is complete bullshit and you have yet to actually offer any defense as to your statement.

Just reading a national geographic mag.
It has a piece of the mose livable cities in the world.
Of the top 30 cities, The EU has 15, N. and S. America have 6, Oceania have 7, Non-EU (Switzerland, Norway and Iceland) have 3 and Asia has 1 (32 total because of tie).
That's right, combined Australia and New Zealand beat the USA, Canada and all Latin America and South American cities.

The top 3 were, Vienna in Austria, Zurich in Switzerland and Auckland in New Zealand.

The highest ranked, out of the 32 cities, US city was Honolulu ranked 29, and then San Francisco tied with Adelaide (Australia) and Paris in 30th position.

The 1 Asian country is Singapore in 25th position. Where I live, Wellington, is ranked 13th.
Okay, I am going to try this in a different way.

Muffs, you make 200,000 USD per yer. That's way above average, you are a very wealthy young man. You need a car, so you go shopping at the super rich guy auto dealer and decide on a custom super sports car with all the latest bells and whistles. It's the fastest car available, has the best suspension, best engine, best everything you can imagine. Bad thing is it costs 170,000 dollars, but you bought it anyway. Could you afford the car? No, not really. You've left yourself with very little to live on comparatively. Is it the best car? Yes. Even though you could not afford it it was still the best.

The first sentence of your second paragraph is false. If the premise is false...well, you know.

I've provided pages upon pages explaining it to you, but you were too thick to understand it then, I have no reason to believe you could understand it now. I have no desire to repeat myself on this issue over and over again, if you'd like to read it again you know where to find it. Frankly I'm sick of explaining something to you which you just cannot grasp. The formula of our debate on the issue is as follows.

1.) Me: It is wrong because [explanation]

2.) You: You just said it was wrong, but why is it wrong?

3.) Me: I specifically explained why in my last post [re-worded explanation]

4.) Go back to step two.

ad infintum.

I have no desire to go down that road again, frankly thinking about doing it pisses me off all over again. You just cannot grasp it.

Actually you seemed to have finally understood me about my other points so perhaps there is hope...but I still don't fucking feel like it. Read that thread again if you want to understand me...

30-01-2013, 02:03 PM
(30-01-2013 03:25 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I can't help but wonder...

How exactly is, (DL is it?) measuring or defining "best" in reference to the US military?

Economically, it utterly fails. If it bleeds the nation dry, it's not worth much in the long run. It's cost simply outweighs the benefits from it's size...

Based on the quality and extent of our training, the manner is which we operate, the quality and quantity of our vehicles, equipment, personnel protective equipment, our physical standards, are all factors which I take into account. No other country comes close.

This is based on facts, like the fact the the US always has between 10 and 12 super-carriers in service at anytime, with a new one always always under construction to replace aging super-carriers. The total number of super-carriers in the rest of the world combined? 0. It is also based on my personal experiences, as I have mentioned before, I have served with most western, and some eastern countries. Very few if any were as disciplined, maybe ROK, no others come to mind...some had about as much training, many did not, few had a regimented physical program as disciplined, though some exceeded ours, and the only SOCOM that could compete with ours were probably the Russians, the British and the Germans. Our military may have a runaway budget thats hurting our economy, but we can still kick more ass man for man than any other country. It's not because 'it's 'Murica', it's becuase it's true. Everyone here is quick to point out our many faults and fuckups, but no one is willing to even consider the possibility that we might be best at something? We may not be able to read, write, do math. We may die prematurely from obesity, and we might not be able to point to Africa on a world map, but we can fuck people up better than anyone.

30-01-2013, 03:13 PM
(30-01-2013 02:03 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 03:25 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I can't help but wonder...

Based on the quality and extent of our training, the manner is which we operate, the quality and quantity of our vehicles, equipment, personnel protective equipment, our physical standards, are all factors which I take into account. No other country comes close.

This is based on facts, like the fact the the US always has between 10 and 12 super-carriers in service at anytime, with a new one always always under construction to replace aging super-carriers. The total number of super-carriers in the rest of the world combined? 0. It is also based on my personal experiences, as I have mentioned before, I have served with most western, and some eastern countries. Very few if any were as disciplined, maybe ROK, no others come to mind...some had about as much training, many did not, few had a regimented physical program as disciplined, though some exceeded ours, and the only SOCOM that could compete with ours were probably the Russians, the British and the Germans. Our military may have a runaway budget thats hurting our economy, but we can still kick more ass man for man than any other country. It's not because 'it's 'Murica', it's becuase it's true. Everyone here is quick to point out our many faults and fuckups, but no one is willing to even consider the possibility that we might be best at something? We may not be able to read, write, do math. We may die prematurely from obesity, and we might not be able to point to Africa on a world map, but we can fuck people up better than anyone.

The only reason the US has as many toys as it does is because of the inflated, economically devastating budget it has.

The size and tech are the only reasons the US is so effective, pretty much all your losses seem insignificant against the greater hole, mass employment and scorched earth blitzkrieging are the keys to US military success, not to mention it's reliance on other nations to bolster it and preform specific tasks, can't really do much shit on it's own. When it comes to small scale operations, other nations take pieces of the cake, and the US gets little.

I will give you guys' credit for your toys, they most certainly are impressive.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-01-2013, 05:24 PM
(30-01-2013 03:13 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 02:03 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Based on the quality and extent of our training, the manner is which we operate, the quality and quantity of our vehicles, equipment, personnel protective equipment, our physical standards, are all factors which I take into account. No other country comes close.

The only reason the US has as many toys as it does is because of the inflated, economically devastating budget it has.

The size and tech are the only reasons the US is so effective, pretty much all your losses seem insignificant against the greater hole, mass employment and scorched earth blitzkrieging are the keys to US military success, not to mention it's reliance on other nations to bolster it and preform specific tasks, can't really do much shit on it's own. When it comes to small scale operations, other nations take pieces of the cake, and the US gets little.

I will give you guys' credit for your toys, they most certainly are impressive.
Oh my fucking god...you are muffs fucking jr.

I agree, I've said it repeatedly, never said otherwise. I honestly don't know if I could've been clearer, but I will give it a shot.

I THINK THAT U.S. MILITARY IS TOO EXPENSIVE, AND NEGATIVLY IMPACTS OUR ECONOMY!

No one needs to tell me...the cat is out of the bag, all the cards are on the table, The American military is too damn expensive.

Now I need a stiff drink.

Okay...I seriously didn't mean to offend anyone, and I actually think you and muffs are cool people, but god damn you fuckers frustrated the holy fuck out of me....okay, mostly muffs. Sorry...

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
30-01-2013, 05:35 PM
The U.S. military is definitely negatively impacting our economy given the massive budget we currently have. We could be equally efficient with less money. So long as the MIC has a foothold in Washington and people like WIlliam Kristol are alive, I don't see it changing.

[Image: bmHWg.gif]
30-01-2013, 06:48 PM
(30-01-2013 01:39 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 02:30 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  And I will repeat myself AGAIN because your simple jar head brain obviously can't comprehend what I am saying.
Your military IS NOT the best because it is a drain on your economy.

You didn't have one point to back up that "income tax is immoral" just like now when you say taxation is directly tied to freedom which is complete bullshit and you have yet to actually offer any defense as to your statement.

Just reading a national geographic mag.
It has a piece of the mose livable cities in the world.
Of the top 30 cities, The EU has 15, N. and S. America have 6, Oceania have 7, Non-EU (Switzerland, Norway and Iceland) have 3 and Asia has 1 (32 total because of tie).
That's right, combined Australia and New Zealand beat the USA, Canada and all Latin America and South American cities.

The top 3 were, Vienna in Austria, Zurich in Switzerland and Auckland in New Zealand.

The highest ranked, out of the 32 cities, US city was Honolulu ranked 29, and then San Francisco tied with Adelaide (Australia) and Paris in 30th position.

The 1 Asian country is Singapore in 25th position. Where I live, Wellington, is ranked 13th.
Okay, I am going to try this in a different way.

Muffs, you make 200,000 USD per yer. That's way above average, you are a very wealthy young man. You need a car, so you go shopping at the super rich guy auto dealer and decide on a custom super sports car with all the latest bells and whistles. It's the fastest car available, has the best suspension, best engine, best everything you can imagine. Bad thing is it costs 170,000 dollars, but you bought it anyway. Could you afford the car? No, not really. You've left yourself with very little to live on comparatively. Is it the best car? Yes. Even though you could not afford it it was still the best.

The first sentence of your second paragraph is false. If the premise is false...well, you know.

I've provided pages upon pages explaining it to you, but you were too thick to understand it then, I have no reason to believe you could understand it now. I have no desire to repeat myself on this issue over and over again, if you'd like to read it again you know where to find it. Frankly I'm sick of explaining something to you which you just cannot grasp. The formula of our debate on the issue is as follows.

4.) Go back to step two.

ad infintum.

I have no desire to go down that road again, frankly thinking about doing it pisses me off all over again. You just cannot grasp it.

Actually you seemed to have finally understood me about my other points so perhaps there is hope...but I still don't fucking feel like it. Read that thread again if you want to understand me...
You are mistaking your own ignorance and stupidity as mine.
Just to clear things up, I understand everything you're saying, I understand your position on income tax (which was wrong, and I explained wrong but you didn't understand it and I believe you even admitted to not understanding what I was saying if I recall, everyone else Chas etc.. were also agreeing with me. You are the stupid one on that topic, not anyone else), I undertsand what you mean by the us army being the best etc.. etc..
What you do not understand is what I am saying.

With the car metaphor I get that the US army is the ferrari of the army world. BUT we're talking about armies here. We're talking about getting from A to B and it doesn't matter if you're in a ferrari or a toyota. Which is my point.
Other countries achieve the same result, going from A to B, in a $30,000 toyota. The US armed forces are a huge drain on the economy, are a huge waste of money and everything else I've said.
And besides, for all that hardware and technology you still got beat by a bunch of rebels in the woods (Nam'), just like how you haven't gotten rid of the poorlyish armed desert people. Once all Western Countries back out of Afganistan it'll be interesting to see if the extremists just sweep in and take over again, making the whole thing a complete waste of time and effort.
You can have all the training and technology in the world, but someone with a to the core belief with an old ak-47 will still kill American soilders with none of that training or technology.

On the income tax thing, you are so fucking ignorant of how the system works it was unbelievable. I had hoped that with a bit of time here (TTA) you would have actually learned something. Obviously not however. The points you raised were so fucking stupid and I explained why in a very rational layed out way. It's not my fault that you are so fucking brain dead to understand basic economic principles and how the tax system works. But you were and by the looks of it still are very very wrong on that issue and your reasoning is beyond retarded. A 5 year old African child with no education could understand why your opinion on that matter is fucking stupid.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
30-01-2013, 07:25 PM
(30-01-2013 06:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 01:39 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Okay, I am going to try this in a different way.

4.) Go back to step two.

ad infintum.

You are mistaking your own ignorance and stupidity as mine.
Just to clear things up, I understand everything you're saying, I understand your position on income tax (which was wrong, and I explained wrong but you didn't understand it and I believe you even admitted to not understanding what I was saying if I recall, everyone else Chas etc.. were also agreeing with me. You are the stupid one on that topic, not anyone else), I undertsand what you mean by the us army being the best etc.. etc..
What you do not understand is what I am saying.

With the car metaphor I get that the US army is the ferrari of the army world. BUT we're talking about armies here. We're talking about getting from A to B and it doesn't matter if you're in a ferrari or a toyota. Which is my point.
Other countries achieve the same result, going from A to B, in a $30,000 toyota. The US armed forces are a huge drain on the economy, are a huge waste of money and everything else I've said.
And besides, for all that hardware and technology you still got beat by a bunch of rebels in the woods (Nam'), just like how you haven't gotten rid of the poorlyish armed desert people. Once all Western Countries back out of Afganistan it'll be interesting to see if the extremists just sweep in and take over again, making the whole thing a complete waste of time and effort.
You can have all the training and technology in the world, but someone with a to the core belief with an old ak-47 will still kill American soilders with none of that training or technology.

On the income tax thing, you are so fucking ignorant of how the system works it was unbelievable. I had hoped that with a bit of time here (TTA) you would have actually learned something. Obviously not however. The points you raised were so fucking stupid and I explained why in a very rational layed out way. It's not my fault that you are so fucking brain dead to understand basic economic principles and how the tax system works. But you were and by the looks of it still are very very wrong on that issue and your reasoning is beyond retarded. A 5 year old African child with no education could understand why your opinion on that matter is fucking stupid.
I will give you this, you are the king of ranting. You're an oaf to be sure, but you can rant with the best of 'em. I'm not sure if I want to give you a hug or pat you on the head, but definitely one of those two.

30-01-2013, 07:35 PM
I don't accept hugs, pats on the head I accept though. No more then 3 pats though.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
30-01-2013, 07:47 PM
(30-01-2013 07:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't accept hugs, pats on the head I accept though. No more then 3 pats though.
Hug This is the internet. You don't have a choice.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post