The US is #1!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: The US is #1!
(15-01-2013 12:12 PM)Diablo Wrote:  
(15-01-2013 10:57 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  The very fact this thread exists is hilarious.

It smells like the same kind of jealousy the band geeks have for the football team.
Are you one of the "special" people who considers the US to be #1?

Do you keep a big #1 foam finger in your closet, just in case you need to protest the protesters?
Are you one of those bean stalk skinny nerds in HS who funnels all your hate for the Alpha males into finding every flaw in them and posting it with anonymity online from the safety of your keyboard because elsewhere you'd get your bell rang?

Good thing we arnt attaching any stereotypes here, well, that would make this thread kinda childish. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I certainly like the idea of the USA. However, it's not working out all that well.

The USA is #1 in military power, per capita consumption of resources, per capita production of waste,
maybe medical research, number of universities, but not much else.

The public education system is declining in quality, infant mortality is up, belief in bullshit is up, honesty of elected officials way down, and on and on.

The USA may once have been a great nation, but it certainly isn't now. It still could be.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
15-01-2013, 03:25 PM
(15-01-2013 02:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  I certainly like the idea of the USA. However, it's not working out all that well.

The USA is #1 in military power, per capita consumption of resources, per capita production of waste,

The public education system is declining in quality, infant mortality is up, belief in bullshit is up, honesty of elected officials way down, and on and on.

The USA may once have been a great nation, but it certainly isn't now. It still could be.
Said Chas, preceding his announcement to run for congress? I'll run your PR for 30 G's.

"Chas. Hey, you could do worse" Tongue

Eh, I'd vote for you.

15-01-2013, 03:37 PM
(15-01-2013 03:25 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(15-01-2013 02:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  I certainly like the idea of the USA. However, it's not working out all that well.

Said Chas, preceding his announcement to run for congress? I'll run your PR for 30 G's.

Eh, I'd vote for you.

With that kind of tag line, make it 40 G's. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-01-2013, 06:35 PM
(15-01-2013 03:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-01-2013 03:25 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Said Chas, preceding his announcement to run for congress? I'll run your PR for 30 G's.

Eh, I'd vote for you.

With that kind of tag line, make it 40 G's. Thumbsup
40 G's for 1 vote? Sphh I will vote for you for 20 G's.
16-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Cigarettes, alcohol, and fast food. People are choosing to kill themselves brah. Are you suggesting that the US is somehow less desirable of a place to live because we are able to make our own bad decisions?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
16-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Re: RE: The US is #1!
(16-01-2013 07:20 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Cigarettes, alcohol, and fast food. People are choosing to kill themselves brah. Are you suggesting that the US is somehow less desirable of a place to live because we are able to make our own bad decisions?

Are people in most of those other countries not able to make their bad decisions? I don't see that being an issue that differentiates the countries.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
16-01-2013, 09:33 PM
(16-01-2013 07:20 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Cigarettes, alcohol, and fast food. People are choosing to kill themselves brah. Are you suggesting that the US is somehow less desirable of a place to live because we are able to make our own bad decisions?
The use of such things has a lot to do with social and economic factors
as well. So you can't really just throw all the blame on the people who
make use of such things.
Besides, people do those things in other countries too.
17-01-2013, 12:29 AM
(16-01-2013 09:00 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

Are people in most of those other countries not able to make their bad decisions? I don't see that being an issue that differentiates the countries.
Can I just say, if anything, I'd say, especially some Euro countries, free speech is better in a lot of non-us developed countries.

I know our censorship is a LOT better then yours (sure as fuck is a shit load better then Australia). Though I believe that is because our 1 censor rating guy who determines what is allowed into the country and what isn't, is gay, so naturally a little more liberal. That was your fun fact of the day btw.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
17-01-2013, 03:48 AM
(15-01-2013 10:57 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  The very fact this thread exists is hilarious.

It smells like the same kind of jealousy the band geeks have for the football team.
Do you mind explaining what exactly the USA has that one could be jealous of?

In comparison to, let's say, European countries:
Does the USA have a better education system? Nope.
Does the USA have a better health care system? Nope.
Does the USA have a better overall standard of living? Nope.
Are gay marriage and marijuana legal? Nope.
etc.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]