The US is #1!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2013, 03:52 AM
RE: The US is #1!
(17-01-2013 03:48 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-01-2013 10:57 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  The very fact this thread exists is hilarious.

It smells like the same kind of jealousy the band geeks have for the football team.
Do you mind explaining what exactly the USA has that one could be jealous of?

In comparison to, let's say, European countries:
Do they have a better education system? Nope.
Do they have a better health care system? Nope.
Do they have a better overall standard of living? Nope.
Are gay marriage and marijuana legal? Nope.
etc.

Consider

*ten minutes later*

Consider

They have a rich histor... oh nevermind. Consider

Nah, I got nothing.

WAIT! They get American TV 2weeks before us! Oh wait.. internet's a thing now... Consider

Nah, nothing.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Re: RE: The US is #1!
(17-01-2013 03:48 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-01-2013 10:57 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  The very fact this thread exists is hilarious.

It smells like the same kind of jealousy the band geeks have for the football team.
Do you mind explaining what exactly the USA has that one could be jealous of?

Does the USA have a better education system? Nope.
Does the USA have a better health care system? Nope.
Does the USA have a better overall standard of living? Nope.
etc.

You'll notice nobody-countries that actually don't matter don't have soo many eager detractors who smell of jealous butt hurt phishing for overly patriotic rednecks.
17-01-2013, 12:21 PM
(17-01-2013 12:08 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 03:48 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Do you mind explaining what exactly the USA has that one could be jealous of?

Does the USA have a better education system? Nope.
Does the USA have a better health care system? Nope.
Does the USA have a better overall standard of living? Nope.
etc.

You'll notice nobody-countries that actually don't matter don't have soo many eager detractors who smell of jealous butt hurt phishing for overly patriotic rednecks.

Countries with a good standard of living and peaceful, happy populations matter a great deal.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-01-2013, 12:35 PM
(17-01-2013 12:08 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  You'll notice nobody-countries that actually don't matter don't have soo many eager detractors who smell of jealous butt hurt phishing for overly patriotic rednecks.
Thank you for this intellectually stimulating and well-reasoned response to my question. Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
17-01-2013, 02:03 PM
(17-01-2013 12:35 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 12:08 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  You'll notice nobody-countries that actually don't matter don't have soo many eager detractors who smell of jealous butt hurt phishing for overly patriotic rednecks.
Thank you for this intellectually stimulating and well-reasoned response to my question. Drinking Beverage

Sarcasm is a good deflection.
17-01-2013, 02:06 PM
(17-01-2013 02:03 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 12:35 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Thank you for this intellectually stimulating and well-reasoned response to my question. Drinking Beverage

Sarcasm is a good deflection.
Or a good tactic against arrogant polemics. All a matter of perspective really.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
17-01-2013, 02:38 PM
20 years from now, we will all be bowing to China. The US education system sucks. They have a no better health care system than Northern Europe. But it all irrelevant. We are all now united. Earthings. 100 years from now, the old political boundaries will be meaningless. They are almost now.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

17-01-2013, 02:52 PM
(17-01-2013 03:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 03:48 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Do you mind explaining what exactly the USA has that one could be jealous of?

Do they have a better education system? Nope.
Do they have a better health care system? Nope.
Do they have a better overall standard of living? Nope.
etc.

Consider

*ten minutes later*

Consider

Nah, I got nothing.

WAIT! They get American TV 2weeks before us! Oh wait.. internet's a thing now... Consider

Nah, nothing.
Fine, I'll play along.

We have the best military. We have the second or third largest country in the world so you can live in any climate you wish. We have the most free gun laws of any developed nation. We have the best software development in the world (though not by as much as we once did). We have the most popular television programming and movies in the world. Despite earlier claims, gay marriage is allowed in several states, and marijuana is legal in a couple of states and growing, no other western country has legalized marijuana that I know of. So yes, America is lacking is some areas, but we still have a lot going for us. The place isn't as nearly as bad as some would have us be, and it is almost certainly a reaction to the pride and feeling of superiority felt by many Americans IMHO. America is still one of the 'Great Nations' in my opinion, and other nations deserve credit where credit is due as well.

17-01-2013, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2013 03:51 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(17-01-2013 02:52 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 03:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Consider

*ten minutes later*

Consider

Nah, I got nothing.

Nah, nothing.
Fine, I'll play along.

We have the best military. We have the second or third largest country in the world so you can live in any climate you wish. We have the most free gun laws of any developed nation. We have the best software development in the world (though not by as much as we once did). We have the most popular television programming and movies in the world. Despite earlier claims, gay marriage is allowed in several states, and marijuana is legal in a couple of states and growing, no other western country has legalized marijuana that I know of. So yes, America is lacking is some areas, but we still have a lot going for us. The place isn't as nearly as bad as some would have us be, and it is almost certainly a reaction to the pride and feeling of superiority felt by many Americans IMHO. America is still one of the 'Great Nations' in my opinion, and other nations deserve credit where credit is due as well.

We have the most wasteful military in the world. You already can live anywhere in the world you want, if you are educated. Most countries, (non-Islamic are FAR more advanced in the area of gay rights, and acceptance), who gives a crap about crappy US TV, you can smoke MJ aywhere in the world. The US is extremely violent and are FAR more likely to die from gun violence here, than anywhere in the developed world. The situation with guns in the US is only our shame. It's off the charts horrific. Edit: If the upper middle class parents in Sandy Hook lived anywhere else in the world, their little kids would not be dead.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-01-2013, 03:13 PM
(17-01-2013 02:58 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 02:52 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Fine, I'll play along.

We have the best military.

We have the most wasteful military in the world.

Both of you are correct.