The US needs a king!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2017, 06:10 PM
The US needs a king!
Yes, they do. A whole royal family to watch and gossip about. Then they have their show and don't have to vote TV personalities into office, or actors, or multiple members of families.

A nice royal family can do all the appearances and hand holding and such, while competent people run the government.

Give the people what they want and we can all live and prosper.

I am actually getting serious about this - people seem to have this need to admire some family, keep them around in the public eye and gossip about them. They vote for presidents that fit the bill.

If the people need public pets, let there be a king who can do no harm.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
30-08-2017, 06:14 PM
RE: The US needs a king!
I nominate Samwell Tarly. (He's gonna be King anyway, the dragons have already decided, might as well throw in my support early.)

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-08-2017, 06:23 PM
I volunteer to be the King of the US. Robert the First - I will be known as Ruthless Punisher Of Those Guilty of Hatecrimes.
"Robert the First - Punisher of the Hate Criminals"
Has a nice ring to my ear.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
30-08-2017, 06:34 PM
(30-08-2017 06:23 PM)Leerob Wrote:  I volunteer to be the King of the US. Robert the First - I will be known as Ruthless Punisher Of Those Guilty of Hatecrimes.
"Robert the First - Punisher of the Hate Criminals"
Has a nice ring to my ear.

Yabbut, you don't actually have any powers, but you do get to live in a mansion and have servants.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-08-2017, 06:54 PM
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
Diderot.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 8 users Like Banjo's post
30-08-2017, 07:15 PM
What we need is an AI branch of the government with veto power and a knack for sniffing out irrationality.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
30-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Rob, you have my blessing and the Church of the Rising Penis hereby anoints thee King. (All rise.)

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
30-08-2017, 07:36 PM
(30-08-2017 06:54 PM)Banjo Wrote:  "Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
Diderot.

> Nuts! Banjo beat me to it. Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
30-08-2017, 07:46 PM
This whole adulation shit is not good to direct at politicians - people vote for actors and reality show personalities and have "royal families". Think about it. The people just want someone like the British Royals, so they can chatter about it and live through them.

A rich reality show host lets them live vicariously through him, the face is familiar, the wealth is great.... I really think that the majority of who voted for him just wanted an idol that their gods would not object to. It's a huge factor. Look at all the celeb stuff that people consume.

If you gave them something harmless to practice their worship on, we could get on with choosing competent presidents.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-08-2017, 07:51 PM
What makes you think we don't have one ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.