The US needs a king!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2017, 07:53 PM
RE: The US needs a king!
(30-08-2017 07:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What makes you think we don't have one ?

He's trying to be emperor. All powerful.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Nope, Trump thinks he is a god. Emperor would never be enough for him.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
30-08-2017, 08:21 PM
Well, the royal family of America would be more like a reality show that you can follow for generations. No powers given, except for holding the occasional speech and having coffee with folks.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-08-2017, 09:46 PM
(30-08-2017 08:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, the royal family of America would be more like a reality show that you can follow for generations. No powers given, except for holding the occasional speech and having coffee with folks.

Why don't you just invite queen Lizzie back? I mean. They're used to royalling. They know the deal. Formal readmittance into the British empire on a ceremonial basis.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-08-2017, 09:56 PM
The RNC agrees with you.

Quote:A Christmas statement released Sunday by the Republican National Committee (RNC) drew outrage among opponents on Twitter who objected to talk of a "new King."

“Over two millennia ago, a new hope was born into the world, a Savior who would offer the promise of salvation to all mankind," RNC Chairman Reince Priebus and co-chair Sharon Day said in the statement.

"Just as the three wise men did on that night, this Christmas heralds a time to celebrate the good news of a new King. We hope Americans celebrating Christmas today will enjoy a day of festivities and a renewed closeness with family and friends."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...t-new-king

Also, to your suggestion, yuck.

30-08-2017, 10:25 PM
(30-08-2017 06:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  ...
public pets

Bowing

Stealing that.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
31-08-2017, 12:24 AM
(30-08-2017 06:34 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yabbut, you don't actually have any powers, but you do get to live in a mansion and have servants.

Sold!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
31-08-2017, 12:26 AM
(30-08-2017 09:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 08:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, the royal family of America would be more like a reality show that you can follow for generations. No powers given, except for holding the occasional speech and having coffee with folks.

Why don't you just invite queen Lizzie back? I mean. They're used to royalling. They know the deal. Formal readmittance into the British empire on a ceremonial basis.

After Brexit? Sure, why not join the world's two largest political dumper fires at the hip?

But as far as I'm concerned, she can have all our swans. Also, I do like Welsh Corgis...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
31-08-2017, 12:39 AM
(31-08-2017 12:26 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 09:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  Why don't you just invite queen Lizzie back? I mean. They're used to royalling. They know the deal. Formal readmittance into the British empire on a ceremonial basis.

After Brexit? Sure, why not join the world's two largest political dumper fires at the hip?

But as far as I'm concerned, she can have all our swans. Also, I do like Welsh Corgis...

Oh come on. It'll be just like old times. You can have tea parties.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
31-08-2017, 01:12 AM
(30-08-2017 06:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  A nice royal family can do all the appearances and hand holding and such, while competent people run the government.

I hate to break it to you but while Britain has a Royal Family, our government is run by people who can hardly be called "competent".

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)