The US vs UK Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
23-04-2012, 04:22 PM
RE: The US vs UK Thread
(23-04-2012 04:01 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 04:00 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Are they bloody? Cheeky? Filthy?
Watch trainspotting that will answer your question Tongue
Own it. Love it.

"Scotland, the fucking armpit of Europe"

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
23-04-2012, 04:36 PM
(23-04-2012 04:22 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 04:01 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Watch trainspotting that will answer your question Tongue
Own it. Love it.

"Scotland, the fucking armpit of Europe"
I am certainly not going to Scotland!

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes tazmin98's post
23-04-2012, 06:31 PM
KC, if -burgh was pronounced -berg then why would there be an 'h' at the end? You people just don't understand refinement. That's why we have to re-make our TV shows into dumbed down versions for you Wink.

Anyways, time to end this! We got Tazmin, the widely recognised most awesome member of the forum. Compete with that or accept defeat bitches! Unless you got any equally awesome 13/14 year olds it's game UK!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 4 users Like Hughsie's post
23-04-2012, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 06:55 PM by Chas.)
(23-04-2012 01:32 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 01:27 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes. Tongue

Also phonetically -tre does NOT make a "tur" sound. It makes a "tray" sound. Seriously.

Actually -tre needs an acute accent over the 'e' to make a 'tray' sound. Without it, it makes a 'trur' sound.

Plus you wanna get into pronunciation then answer the complete trainwreck that is Pittsburgh. If you wanna change the sound at least rename it Pittsberg.
Right, it should be pronounced to rhyme with Edinburgh.

As a Canadian, I feel I am in a position to adjudicate this matter. I ask my fellow Canadians to join me in forming a judical panel to review the evidence and render judgment.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-04-2012, 09:52 PM
(23-04-2012 06:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
As a Canadian, I feel I am in a position to adjudicate this matter. I ask my fellow Canadians to join me in forming a judical panel to review the evidence and render judgment.

You obviously haven't been in the States long enough...You're Canadian. That means you're either British or French, so either way you're not in a position to be a neutral arbiter.

But I've already conceded to Tazmin, but only if she will let me surrender to her as I want no part of those other wankers with the funny accents.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
23-04-2012, 10:25 PM
(23-04-2012 06:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  As a Canadian, I feel I am in a position to adjudicate this matter. I ask my fellow Canadians to join me in forming a judical panel to review the evidence and render judgment.
Arn't we neighbour to one and politically attached to another? That has to stand for something.
23-04-2012, 11:49 PM
(23-04-2012 10:25 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 06:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  As a Canadian, I feel I am in a position to adjudicate this matter. I ask my fellow Canadians to join me in forming a judical panel to review the evidence and render judgment.
Arn't we neighbour to one and politically attached to another? That has to stand for something.
I was unaware that Canadians stood for anything but Hockey.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
24-04-2012, 12:01 AM
(23-04-2012 11:49 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 10:25 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Arn't we neighbour to one and politically attached to another? That has to stand for something.
I was unaware that Canadians stood for anything but Hockey.
Nah, that's not even the national sport! We stand for beer and beaver Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
24-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Make that beer OR weed, and beaver. But hey, we Canadians do everything better, so no matter the subject, we are the authority.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
24-04-2012, 07:59 AM
(24-04-2012 12:01 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 11:49 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
Nah, that's not even the national sport! We stand for beer and beaver Big Grin
I love a good beaver. Thumbsup

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post