The US vs UK Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
13-07-2012, 09:36 PM
RE: The US vs UK Thread
Okay here is my serious crack at this. (Because I have nothing better to do today)

US vs UK

Significant allies:
UK:
- Canada
- India
- Australia/New Zealand
- South Africa
- Rest of the EU
- Pakistan
US:
- Japan
Neutral (IMO) countries that would play a major role:
- Russia
- China
- All South American countries (Brazil may side with US)
- Mexico

Nuke count (Includes allies):

UK: 650 (UK, France, India and Pakistan)
US: 2,150
This is a list of active nukes and is a rough estimate as actual figures are not known for certain.
It is worth noting that Russia has 1,800 active nukes.

Active Military Numbers:
UK: 227,160 CAN: 68,250 IND: 1,325,000 ANZ: 67,640 SFR: 74,000 PAK: 617,000 (rest of)EU: 1,467,962
TOTAL: 3,847,012
US: 1,456,862 JAP: 247,746
TOTAL: 1,704,608

Ok so I think the most important thing for victory will be to keep the Atlantic open for ships to move between the EU and Canada. So that means navy time.

Navy:
US: 286 ships JAP: 69 ships
- 11 aircraft carriers
- 22 Cruisers
- 69 Destroyers
- 62 Frigates
- 92 Submarines
EU (Including UK): 632 ships PAK: 59 ships 12 hovercraft lol ANZ: 63 ships IND: 181 ships SFR: 40 ships CAN: 33 ships
- 7 aircraft carriers
- 22 Destroyers
- 142 Frigates
- 95 Submarines

Conclusion:
Sure the US has a lot more active nukes then the UK, but 650 nukes is still a lot of bang and you have to remember that that only needs to be directed at one or two countries. Those US nukes have a lot of targets to hit and so sure each country may get a few nukes dropped on them, but at the end of the day the US just had 650 dropped on them so..
It's probably worth noting that the use of that much nuclear weapons will probably rip the earths crust apart and everyone on earth will just die anyway, so worst case scenario, we all lose.
So, now assuming no nukes are used for the sake of man kind, the UK and friends does have a bigger army and a bigger navy. I think Japan would fight in the Pacific, so it would Australia/New Zealand/Some of India/Some of Pakistan v Japan, which is a win for UK friends. And then so it'd be a naval war for the Atlantic. Because the EU and friends have the larger navy they'd win there eventually. Then they could transport troops across to Canada to fight on land in Canada. Because the EU potentially has better trained troops they'd win there too. They could work their way down the cost to Washington while Indian and Pakistan troops worked their way down the west cost.

Well that's an hour of my time wasted.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-07-2012, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2012 01:15 AM by itsacow.)
(13-07-2012 09:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Okay here is my serious crack at this. (Because I have nothing better to do today)

US vs UK

Significant allies:
UK:
- Canada
- India
- Australia/New Zealand
- South Africa
- Rest of the EU
- Pakistan
US:
- Japan
Neutral (IMO) countries that would play a major role:
- Russia
- China
- All South American countries (Brazil may side with US)
- Mexico

Nuke count (Includes allies):

UK: 650 (UK, France, India and Pakistan)
US: 2,150
This is a list of active nukes and is a rough estimate as actual figures are not known for certain.
It is worth noting that Russia has 1,800 active nukes.

Active Military Numbers:
UK: 227,160 CAN: 68,250 IND: 1,325,000 ANZ: 67,640 SFR: 74,000 PAK: 617,000 (rest of)EU: 1,467,962
TOTAL: 3,847,012
US: 1,456,862 JAP: 247,746
TOTAL: 1,704,608

Ok so I think the most important thing for victory will be to keep the Atlantic open for ships to move between the EU and Canada. So that means navy time.

Navy:
US: 286 ships JAP: 69 ships
- 11 aircraft carriers
- 22 Cruisers
- 69 Destroyers
- 62 Frigates
- 92 Submarines
EU (Including UK): 632 ships PAK: 59 ships 12 hovercraft lol ANZ: 63 ships IND: 181 ships SFR: 40 ships CAN: 33 ships
- 7 aircraft carriers
- 22 Destroyers
- 142 Frigates
- 95 Submarines

Conclusion:
Sure the US has a lot more active nukes then the UK, but 650 nukes is still a lot of bang and you have to remember that that only needs to be directed at one or two countries. Those US nukes have a lot of targets to hit and so sure each country may get a few nukes dropped on them, but at the end of the day the US just had 650 dropped on them so..
It's probably worth noting that the use of that much nuclear weapons will probably rip the earths crust apart and everyone on earth will just die anyway, so worst case scenario, we all lose.
So, now assuming no nukes are used for the sake of man kind, the UK and friends does have a bigger army and a bigger navy. I think Japan would fight in the Pacific, so it would Australia/New Zealand/Some of India/Some of Pakistan v Japan, which is a win for UK friends. And then so it'd be a naval war for the Atlantic. Because the EU and friends have the larger navy they'd win there eventually. Then they could transport troops across to Canada to fight on land in Canada. Because the EU potentially has better trained troops they'd win there too. They could work their way down the cost to Washington while Indian and Pakistan troops worked their way down the west cost.

Well that's an hour of my time wasted.
So... you are saying that Pakistan and India would get along? That is absolutely hilarious. (No offense, just funny) Also that would take both Pakistan and India out of fighting as they would rather stay home and not let the other gain an advantage.

On Japan... their military is designed for defense and would just defend like hell. You also forgot conventional missiles and Air Strength. Also, due to the United States loose restrictions on gun laws militias would spring up everywhere.

Edit: Also, on the ship thing... look at the number of submarines vs destroyers. You only have what... 22? Never doubt the power of submarines. (WW1 and WW2 German U-Boats)

Under Repair.
13-07-2012, 10:58 PM
(13-07-2012 10:29 PM)itsacow Wrote:  So... you are saying that Pakistan and India would get along? That is absolutely hilarious. (No offense, just funny) Also that would take both Pakistan and India out of fighting as they would rather stay home and not let the other gain an advantage.

On Japan... their military is designed for defense and would just defend like hell. You also forgot conventional missiles and Air Strength. Also, due to the United States loose restrictions on gun laws militias would spring up everywhere.

Dude, if Japan's military is designed for defence then it's gonna totally useless at aiding you. That works in our favour.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
13-07-2012, 11:06 PM
(13-07-2012 10:58 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(13-07-2012 10:29 PM)itsacow Wrote:  So... you are saying that Pakistan and India would get along? That is absolutely hilarious. (No offense, just funny) Also that would take both Pakistan and India out of fighting as they would rather stay home and not let the other gain an advantage.

Dude, if Japan's military is designed for defence then it's gonna totally useless at aiding you. That works in our favour.
That was my point..

Under Repair.
13-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Don't forget we have the Israelis.

Oh and Iraq and Afghanistan. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-07-2012, 01:43 PM
(13-07-2012 09:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Okay here is my serious crack at this. (Because I have nothing better to do today)

This from a dude who lives on a dagger pointed at the heart of Antarctica.

One needs to look no further than Hughsie's dental hygiene to appreciate US superiority.
[Image: shitqueen-2.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-07-2012, 10:13 PM
(13-07-2012 04:27 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(13-07-2012 04:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Does that count as American ingenuity or Cajun ingenuity?
Neither.

It counts as redneck awesomocity.
Fixt

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-07-2012, 03:40 AM
Hey, don't turn this thread into military power between UK and USA, this is the overall rating of UK and USA. As I have shown you, UK is better. As for the military, we have established in that other thread that USA is stronger.

As for the Falkland Islands, that is one big BS made by the UK, seriously, they should be removed from there, as all the other countries have removed themselves from their colonies. Colonial bastards, leave the people alone! Falkland is Argentina!

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
16-07-2012, 05:21 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2012 05:29 AM by bemore.)
My dad would batter your dad in a fight.................. also my penis is bigger than all of yours dicks put together Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
16-07-2012, 07:58 AM
(16-07-2012 03:40 AM)Filox Wrote:  Hey, don't turn this thread into military power between UK and USA, this is the overall rating of UK and USA. As I have shown you, UK is better. As for the military, we have established in that other thread that USA is stronger.

As for the Falkland Islands, that is one big BS made by the UK, seriously, they should be removed from there, as all the other countries have removed themselves from their colonies. Colonial bastards, leave the people alone! Falkland is Argentina!

Smile
Argentina has no more right to the Falklands as anyone else. Please explain why the Falklands are part of Argentina.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user