The US vs UK Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
16-07-2012, 10:41 AM
RE: The US vs UK Thread
(16-07-2012 07:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-07-2012 03:40 AM)Filox Wrote:  Hey, don't turn this thread into military power between UK and USA, this is the overall rating of UK and USA. As I have shown you, UK is better. As for the military, we have established in that other thread that USA is stronger.

As for the Falkland Islands, that is one big BS made by the UK, seriously, they should be removed from there, as all the other countries have removed themselves from their colonies. Colonial bastards, leave the people alone! Falkland is Argentina!

Smile
Argentina has no more right to the Falklands as anyone else. Please explain why the Falklands are part of Argentina.
Ok. Britain discover the islands. Britain establishes a port and shit on the island.
Late 1700's Britain has to withdraw from many foreign colonies (including Falklands).
United Provinces (Modern day Argentina - bits + bits) win Independence war against Spain.
United Provinces establish colonies on the Falklands. 1833 Britain re-establishes ownership of the Falklands.

Hence, United Provinces (Argentina) feels that the islands belong to them because it was believed by them that the British had left, while the British obviously see it differently.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2012, 11:04 AM
(16-07-2012 10:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(16-07-2012 07:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  Argentina has no more right to the Falklands as anyone else. Please explain why the Falklands are part of Argentina.
Ok. Britain discover the islands. Britain establishes a port and shit on the island.
Late 1700's Britain has to withdraw from many foreign colonies (including Falklands).
United Provinces (Modern day Argentina - bits + bits) win Independence war against Spain.
United Provinces establish colonies on the Falklands. 1833 Britain re-establishes ownership of the Falklands.

Hence, United Provinces (Argentina) feels that the islands belong to them because it was believed by them that the British had left, while the British obviously see it differently.
Yes very true and the British in question who feel differently are the Falkland Islanders.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
16-07-2012, 12:06 PM
(16-07-2012 10:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(16-07-2012 07:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  Argentina has no more right to the Falklands as anyone else. Please explain why the Falklands are part of Argentina.

So Great Britain has the prior claim.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-07-2012, 01:04 PM
(14-07-2012 10:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-07-2012 04:27 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Neither.

It counts as redneck awesomocity.
Fixt
I rest my case.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
16-07-2012, 04:29 PM
(16-07-2012 12:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-07-2012 10:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ok. Britain discover the islands. Britain establishes a port and shit on the island.

So Great Britain has the prior claim.
Britain has the earliest claim, then they 'lost' the claim, then Argentina established a claim, then Britain re-claimed what they see as what was theirs while the Argentinians believe that their claim is the correct one as nobody was their when they established colonies (well, no one was claiming it at that point) and see Britain is effectively taking the Islands from them.

It is worth noting that like Humakt said, the islanders are British and they very much wish to remain that way.
I believe that is what was said to Thatcher when Argentina invaded in the 80's and that is all she needed, the navy was sent immediately and hence the Falkland War. If the people were primarily Argentina I suspect they would have been given back ages ago.

16-07-2012, 04:48 PM
It sounds like a classic case of not calling your seat back when you leave the room. If someone sits in your chair while you're gone, tough titties. Next time call for your Seat Back and you won't have this trouble.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
16-07-2012, 05:00 PM
(16-07-2012 04:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It sounds like a classic case of not calling your seat back when you leave the room. If someone sits in your chair while you're gone, tough titties. Next time call for your Seat Back and you won't have this trouble.

Makes fuck all difference if you're way bigger than the person who nicked your seat Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
16-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Oh come now it's not like that. Well maybe a little, certainly in 1833 when the British re-established control. But now the people are British. It would be like America giving Alaska back to Russia.

16-07-2012, 10:44 PM
I love when one country claims they have the right to hold something that is just on the opposite side of the world from them. Yes, I can really see how that is normal and not colonial. It is nice to have colonies all over the world, really modern way of thinking and behaving.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
16-07-2012, 11:50 PM
(16-07-2012 05:00 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(16-07-2012 04:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It sounds like a classic case of not calling your seat back when you leave the room. If someone sits in your chair while you're gone, tough titties. Next time call for your Seat Back and you won't have this trouble.

Makes fuck all difference if you're way bigger than the person who nicked your seat Big Grin.
True...if it was me coming back to claim my chair from you, you're the one who's gonna get squished!
Beat_stick

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel