The US vs UK Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
17-07-2012, 09:23 AM
RE: The US vs UK Thread
(16-07-2012 10:44 PM)Filox Wrote:  I love when one country claims they have the right to hold something that is just on the opposite side of the world from them. Yes, I can really see how that is normal and not colonial. It is nice to have colonies all over the world, really modern way of thinking and behaving.
Like america and Guam for instance? The reason such assets are held is they allow for force projection and where as in peace time this mean not a lot, in war such assets are vital, the american pacific campaign of WW2 is a classic example of this. Not that is the issue here. The people who live on the Falkland islands are British, see themselves as British and wish to continue being British. When the Argentininians invaded British soverign territory they were well aware that some form of response was going to happen, they suspected that we'd roll over and take it lying down, this shows such willful ignorance of the British character that there suitabilty to govern the people of the Falklands is questionable, but that also is not the point. Really the point is they took military action against the soverign territory of another nation, what I wonder would america do if Guam was annexed by Indonesia.

At the end of the day, unprovoked military action can not be tolerated, both in "the modern world" or at any other time, Earmuff's post the short tongue in cheek one is bang on, they ivaded, we responded, we set up an exclusion zone, they penetrated it with a battleship, we sank it, job done we went home. The Argentinian's are extremely lucky that Britain engaged in such a limited fashion, stategic bombing of Argentinian military assets on the main land especially airfields used to mount airstrikes against the task force for example, where at that time not beyond our capacity to prosecute. On the whole the responce was limited and proportional to say or believe otherwise, is condone aggresive military action between nations.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
17-07-2012, 09:42 AM
(16-07-2012 01:04 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(14-07-2012 10:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Fixt
I rest my case.

You mom rests her case.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
18-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Humakt, while all this you said makes perfect sense and is politically correct, I still have a strange illogical feeling that no country should have colonies, that we have abandoned the "colonies scheme" and that Falkland islands are geographically a part of Argentina... As for Guam, try to guess my opinion on that colony as well. Or Guantanamo.

I guess I'm just waiting for some "powerful" nation to proclaim my country it's colony, so I have a bit of a biased feeling toward that position. Mah, just forget about it.

Stupid colonials...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
18-07-2012, 03:50 AM
(18-07-2012 12:17 AM)Filox Wrote:  Humakt, while all this you said makes perfect sense and is politically correct, I still have a strange illogical feeling that no country should have colonies, that we have abandoned the "colonies scheme" and that Falkland islands are geographically a part of Argentina... As for Guam, try to guess my opinion on that colony as well. Or Guantanamo.

I guess I'm just waiting for some "powerful" nation to proclaim my country it's colony, so I have a bit of a biased feeling toward that position. Mah, just forget about it.

Stupid colonials...

Smile

If correct in a political sense then fair enough, if you mean PC then fuck you and PC Tongue, ok flippancy aside. Your right to say illogical, because countries evidently do have colonies, as to we've abandoned colonies histories an ongoing thing and such things go in and out of fashion, there will be empires again and the will fall and be replaced. If colonies are out of fashion it is a matter of pragmatism and economics that are so, as soon as someone is capable of having colonies again then there will be more colonies. As for the falklands being geographically argentinian this is just silly, by that logic cuba is american and we the UK should own France. As for guessing, Im not a betting man by nature.

As for someone declaring america there colony, you need perhaps to look into your history. It is only through sedition and treason that the 13 colonies that your country gained its independence from the goverance of His Brittanic Majesty King George. You may wish us to forget such things, but those of us who live in the olde worlde, have long memories to the extent that such thing are practically current affairs.

Smile

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
18-07-2012, 04:53 AM
Just a small disclaimer, I am from Croatia, not USA. There, all is good again.

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
18-07-2012, 08:05 AM
(18-07-2012 12:17 AM)Filox Wrote:  I guess I'm just waiting for some "powerful" nation to proclaim my country it's colony, so I have a bit of a biased feeling toward that position. Mah, just forget about it.

I hereby declare that Croatia is now part of the British empire. Deal with it! Mwahahahahahaha Evil_monster

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
18-07-2012, 08:07 AM
(18-07-2012 08:05 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(18-07-2012 12:17 AM)Filox Wrote:  I guess I'm just waiting for some "powerful" nation to proclaim my country it's colony, so I have a bit of a biased feeling toward that position. Mah, just forget about it.

I hereby declare that Croatia is now part of the British empire. Deal with it! Mwahahahahahaha Evil_monster

No, I claim Croatia for America! Deal with being American and the Brits will have to deal with us taking it! Evil_monster

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
19-07-2012, 12:23 AM
(18-07-2012 04:53 AM)Filox Wrote:  Just a small disclaimer, I am from Croatia, not USA. There, all is good again.

Big Grin
Now you mention it I think I knew that, well guess I dont need to tell you much about suckin eggs then. Im sure you lot still holdin grudges that are over a 1000 years old Smile.

19-07-2012, 12:25 AM
(18-07-2012 08:07 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(18-07-2012 08:05 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I hereby declare that Croatia is now part of the British empire. Deal with it! Mwahahahahahaha Evil_monster

No, I claim Croatia for America! Deal with being American and the Brits will have to deal with us taking it! Evil_monster
We'll deal just fine, we know all about over extending and downfalls, the thinner you spread your selfs the happier we are.

[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
19-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Come and take us, if you can. I dare you all to try. Let me show you what mountain guerilla fighting is all about and why Croatian soldiers had great reputation on battlefield during history.

Here, chew on this for a while...

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t725818/

"Give me 100 000 Croatian soldiers and I will conquer all world" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Bring it on.

[Image: bring-it.jpg]

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post