RE: The US vs UK Thread
Next up. Landscapes.

[Image: rocky-mountains.jpg]
[Image: Gulf-of-Mexico.jpg]
[Image: yellowstone-fountain.jpg]
[Image: wyoming-fishing.jpg]
[Image: Hawaii-Volcanoes-5.jpg]
[Image: Great_Plains_Nebraska_USA1.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Sickipedia Wrote:British rescue operation.

Use stealth tactics to get into the enemy building. Use silenced weapons and gas to disable combatants and avoid detection. Rescue victim quickly and without taking any casualties.

American rescue operation.

Roll up in Hummers, because they are cool. Throw grenades at building until everyone inside is dead, because explosions are fucking cool. Drag corpse of person you just 'rescued' out of the rubble and stick American flag in them. High five anyone in your platoon still alive.

Sickipedia Wrote:SAN FRANCISCO MAN BECOMES FIRST AMERICAN TO GRASP SIGNIFICANCE OF IRONY - Jay Fullmer, 38, yesterday became the first American to get to grips with the concept of irony. "It was weird," Fullmer said. "I was in London and, like, talking to this guy and it was raining and he pulled a face and said, "Great weather, eh?" and I thought "Wait a minute, no way is it great weather." Fullmer then realised that the other man's 'mistake' was in fact deliberate.
Fullmer, who is 39 next month and married with two children, aged 8 and 3, plans to use irony himself in future. "I'm, like, using it all the time," he said. "Last weekend I was grilling steaks and I burned them to shit and I said "Hey, great weather!".

Sickipedia Wrote:I've found a way to keep an American occupied for hours.

Americans: read the sentence below.

Americans: read the sentence above.

Sickipedia Wrote:So, X-rated websites have been given the approval to have the XXX domain name?

Surely this is going to confuse the Americans when they are shopping for clothes online.

Sickipedia Wrote:A popular bar had a new robotic bartender installed, to make serving drinks more efficient.
A guy came in for a drink and the robot asked him, "What's your IQ?"
The man replied, "140."
So the robot proceeded to make conversation about string theory and the latest cancer research.
The man listened intently and thought, "This is absolutely great."
Another guy came in for a drink and the robot asked him, "What's your IQ?"
The man responded, "120."
So the robot started talking about the controversies surrounding creationism and the abortion argument.
The man thought to himself, "Wow, this is fantastic."
A third guy came in to the bar. As with the others, the robot asked him, "What's your IQ?"
The man replied, "65."
The robot then said, "So, how are things in America these days?"

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
17-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Major cities.

[Image: new-york-apartments.jpg]
[Image: Los-Angeles.jpg]
[Image: chicago.jpg]
[Image: miami_skyline.jpg]
[Image: New+orleans+skyline+night-e1306268352101.jpg]
[Image: img_about.jpg]
[Image: Bay-Bridge-San-Francisco-California-pictures.jpg]
[Image: San_Diego_Night_Scene_by_MoscaDeMantequilla.jpg]
[Image: things-to-do-in-dallas.jpg]
[Image: 4117830492_a3b9e69f70_z.jpg?zz=1]
[Image: philadelphia-at-night.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
17-04-2012, 04:06 PM

Only the first minute or so is really relevant here. Best part is the Californian woman at 0:34. She's obviously experienced this before Big Grin.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
17-04-2012, 04:07 PM
I'll watch when I get home from work. YT doesn't work here.

-Mark Twain
17-04-2012, 04:09 PM
(17-04-2012 04:07 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I'll watch when I get home from work. YT doesn't work here.

Can't you explain to your boss that the systems need upgrading so you can watch linked youtube vids when arguing on TTA?

Best
Worst
17-04-2012, 04:11 PM
(17-04-2012 04:09 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(17-04-2012 04:07 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I'll watch when I get home from work. YT doesn't work here.

Can't you explain to your boss that the systems need upgrading so you can watch linked youtube vids when arguing on TTA?
It's bad enough I'll probably get fired when they review most visited websites and Atheist shows up. They can't complain though. My numbers are as high as anyone.

-Mark Twain
17-04-2012, 04:14 PM
(17-04-2012 04:11 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(17-04-2012 04:09 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Can't you explain to your boss that the systems need upgrading so you can watch linked youtube vids when arguing on TTA?
It's bad enough I'll probably get fired when they review most visited websites and Atheist shows up. They can't complain though. My numbers are as high as anyone.

Well... I don't think they really "review" sites. I think they block based on key words.

I mean, I have TTA here.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
17-04-2012, 04:16 PM
This forum is evidence as to why the UK (and most other countries) are better than the US.

It's on a site owned by an American and has mostly American participants. Yet our admin and ex-admin are both Canadians. Our regularly contributing super-mods are Belgian and Australian. Our mods include two UK based people, an American who is desperately trying to get to Canada (and I think has been successful) and one other American.

Plus antirepublican and MJB are both American Angel!

Best
Worst
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
17-04-2012, 04:19 PM
(17-04-2012 04:16 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  This forum is evidence as to why the UK (and most other countries) are better than the US.

It's on a site owned by an American and has mostly American participants. Yet our admin and ex-admin are both Canadians. Our regularly contributing super-mods are Belgian and Australian. Our mods include two UK based people, an American who is desperately trying to get to Canada (and I think has been successful) and one other American.

Plus antirepublican and MJB are both American Angel!

And I'm here to take over, bitches.

I have no excuse for MJB and anti.

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post