The US vs UK Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
22-07-2012, 09:05 AM
RE: The US vs UK Thread
(22-07-2012 07:25 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  At the age of 11 & 12, I discovered that the sporran was placed there for the pure purpose of concealing a raging erection.

S'true.
You cut a hole in the front of the kilt and the back of the sporran, slip your "junk" inside and go around holding 2 drinks asking women if they can get something out of your sporran for you because your hands are full.
Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
22-07-2012, 09:13 AM
(22-07-2012 07:25 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(21-07-2012 08:32 PM)kim Wrote:  Ew. Sadcryface Actually, I was thinking of anyone other than Mel Gibson.

Mmm.... how bout... that Gerard Butler guy .... or most certainly Ewan McGregor.

Here, this is what I'm talkin' bout. Wink
At the age of 11 & 12, I discovered that the sporran was placed there for the pure purpose of concealing a raging erection.

S'true.
Not according to Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporran

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
23-07-2012, 03:44 AM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2012 04:53 AM by Filox.)
(22-07-2012 06:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  What a crock of shit.
"Beat back the Ottomans" my ass. Croatia was losing territory to the Ottomans. In fact by the time the Ottomans were finally beaten back BY THE HADSBURG MONARCHY (For those that don't know, that was an alliance via marriage and shit between: Austria, Hungary, Bohemia and Croatia. And if you know anything about the political history of that time period you'd know that those first three countries were very powerful indeed in Europe, helped by the fact that the Holy Roman Empire at this time had been broken up into a thousand bloody minor states (That later were united into Germany).
Jesus Christ, what the fuck is wrong with you? Yes, Croatia was a part of Habsburg Monarchy, but if you ever read anything about Croatian's history you wouldn't talk shit here. I live in a city that was NEVER conquered, I live very near few crucial forts for defending against Turks...

You know what, I will not even bother. Ever heard of Sinj, Split, Senj, Sisak and Klis? That was 100% Croatian territory with Croatian troops and that is where the Turks broke their lines.

In a Hundred Year War in Croatia there was around 85-90% Croatian troop, because most of the Austrian troops were mostly busy with the internal struggles to keep the Monarchy together. Also, the monarch was interested in Bohemia (today Czech republic) and the middle Europe. They simply didn't realize how big a threat was the Ottoman Empire.

Yes, Croatia IS fully responsible for protecting the whole fucking Europe from Turks. We had help from Germans, Steiers and Spain. At one part of the war, the whole responsibility was solely on our back. Our most famous protectors at that time were families: Zrinski, Frankopan, Erdodji.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sisak

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-07-2012, 05:39 AM
(23-07-2012 03:44 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(22-07-2012 06:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  What a crock of shit.
"Beat back the Ottomans" my ass. Croatia was losing territory to the Ottomans. In fact by the time the Ottomans were finally beaten back BY THE HADSBURG MONARCHY (For those that don't know, that was an alliance via marriage and shit between: Austria, Hungary, Bohemia and Croatia. And if you know anything about the political history of that time period you'd know that those first three countries were very powerful indeed in Europe, helped by the fact that the Holy Roman Empire at this time had been broken up into a thousand bloody minor states (That later were united into Germany).
Jesus Christ, what the fuck is wrong with you? Yes, Croatia was a part of Habsburg Monarchy, but if you ever read anything about Croatian's history you wouldn't talk shit here. I live in a city that was NEVER conquered, I live very near few crucial forts for defending against Turks...

You know what, I will not even bother. Ever heard of Sinj, Split, Senj, Sisak and Klis? That was 100% Croatian territory with Croatian troops and that is where the Turks broke their lines.

In a Hundred Year War in Croatia there was around 85-90% Croatian troop, because most of the Austrian troops were mostly busy with the internal struggles to keep the Monarchy together. Also, the monarch was interested in Bohemia (today Czech republic) and the middle Europe. They simply didn't realize how big a threat was the Ottoman Empire.

Yes, Croatia IS fully responsible for protecting the whole fucking Europe from Turks. We had help from Germans, Steiers and Spain. At one part of the war, the whole responsibility was solely on our back. Our most famous protectors at that time were families: Zrinski, Frankopan, Erdodji.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sisak
So I have been doing a little more research on the topic.
And while I heavily dispute your claim that Croatia single handedly saved all of Europe from the "almighty" Ottomans, I will give them more credit then I did in my last post.
Afterall, this certainly made for good reading and I'm surprised you didn't bring it up. Someone should make a movie about that shit, reminds me of that shit the Spartans pulled against the Persians. 700 v 120,000 and the 700 won, and you Filox didn't think to bring that shit up?? wtf is wrong with you. Learn to argue fool.

Anyway, the Siege of Viennais what halted the Ottoman conquest into Europe. At least from the east. The Knights of Saint John halted the Ottomans dead in their stride too. If Malta had fallen the Ottomans could have conquered their way up through Italy.
Not to mention the Polish-Lithuanian alliance thing beat back the Ottomans and also halted their advance into Europe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_K...%281621%29

And then later in The Battle of Vienna.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
23-07-2012, 05:49 AM
You see, I made you READ. My job is done here, wuuuush...

Tongue

Look, of course that Croatia is not the only one responsible for defending, but some of the most important battles took place here, we were on the front line over 100 years and you can not take away our significant role in defending the Europe.

I did not mention any of the other battles, because I was defending the honour of my country and I care not for other countries while doing that.

As for the battle of Sisak, have you seen the numbers? 5800 on our side against 12-35k on the other side. After the battle, the body count was: 40-50 (Big Grin) on our side and 8-20k on the other side. No, I did not forget to put "k" on our side, there were virtually no deaths on our side, yet the Ottomans had a huge body count...

Smile

Now, continuing the subject...

What was the subject again?

A shit...

Sad

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-07-2012, 06:11 AM
(23-07-2012 05:49 AM)Filox Wrote:  You see, I made you READ. My job is done here, wuuuush...

Tongue

Look, of course that Croatia is not the only one responsible for defending, but some of the most important battles took place here, we were on the front line over 100 years and you can not take away our significant role in defending the Europe.

I did not mention any of the other battles, because I was defending the honour of my country and I care not for other countries while doing that.

As for the battle of Sisak, have you seen the numbers? 5800 on our side against 12-35k on the other side. After the battle, the body count was: 40-50 (Big Grin) on our side and 8-20k on the other side. No, I did not forget to put "k" on our side, there were virtually no deaths on our side, yet the Ottomans had a huge body count...

Smile

A shit...

Sad
made me read? son I read wiki articles all the time, it's not a major accomplishment.

And just adding, before it all goes to your head, that you know this all happened 500years ago right?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-07-2012, 06:39 AM
Mods,

Please rename thread to...

NZ vs Croatia Thread

Cheers

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
23-07-2012, 07:42 AM
(22-07-2012 09:13 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(22-07-2012 07:25 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  At the age of 11 & 12, I discovered that the sporran was placed there for the pure purpose of concealing a raging erection.

S'true.
Not according to Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporran
Next, you'll be telling me that the parrot couldn't have been dead, as there's no such thing as a Norwegian Blue.

It was a comedic statement, born from personal experience when in the company of one of my first "proper" girlfriends. That younger me (whilst standing, holding her hand) was doing the full cheerleader experience in my head that my ancestors had decided that the sporran was placed in-front of the groin.

As for Wikipedia... 1) it isn't the boss of me & 2) every word could still be true, but the positioning could still be due to the very reason I suggested.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
23-07-2012, 09:34 AM
(23-07-2012 05:49 AM)Filox Wrote:  You see, I made you READ. My job is done here, wuuuush...

Tongue

Smile

A shit...

Sad

Filox, I usually agree with you, but this time you are wrong. Everyone knows that Vlad the Impaler was the one to break the Turks. He was Transylvanian, not Croatian.

Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
23-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Returning (slightly) to the theme of the thread... the UK is much better at swearing than the US.

I mean... "douchebag"... really? That's one of the limpest labels you can project upon anyone.

Swearing should sound guttural, not effeminate. It should be a word that you'd spit out if you hit your finger with a hammer. It should sound like a verbal ejaculation of anger: fuck, wank, cunt and bollocks.

Hard sounds, not soft sounds.

I mean, if you renamed a douchebag to something like a crackcleaner, calling someone a crackcleaner would have some guttural impact.

And when some North Americans say twat as if it rhymed with cot, instead of cat...

As a footnote to this, did you know that the word "fuck" entered the English language from Scotland? That's something else that this small country gave the world. You're very welcome. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post