The USAF (and the rest of the US Armed Forces) barred from distributing bibles to on-

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2012, 11:50 AM
The USAF (and the rest of the US Armed Forces) barred from distributing bibles to on-
And, as usual, cue the fake outrage from Fox News

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1589575735001/

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
26-04-2012, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2012 08:55 AM by ghostexorcist.)
RE: The USAF (and the rest of the US Armed Forces) barred from distributing bibles to on-
I'm glad that they "caved to atheists," as FOX news put it. If someone is a "bible reading" Christian, then they no doubt already have a bible. Putting a bible in military housing is just like saying our government endorses Christianity. This is true nowadays to a certain extent, but it doesn't reflect what the founding fathers originally intended. There is a little thing in the constitution that states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." It also says "Congress shall...[not prohibit] the free exercise thereof..." This covers the religious freedoms of the other 15 percent of the military that are Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, etc. In the immortal words of John Stewart, the Christians are "confusing persecution with not always getting what [they] want."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
26-04-2012, 12:25 PM
RE: The USAF (and the rest of the US Armed Forces) barred from distributing bibles to on-
I love how they outright lie: "they are taking away their right to have bibles."

No. You can still have a Bible, it's just that the government isn't going to hold your hand and make sure it is there for you. You have to be a big boy and go buy your own Bible.
[+] 6 users Like Superluminal's post
26-04-2012, 01:54 PM
The guy in the video, Dr. Klingon-Shit or something like that, said that atheists are infringing on the rights of Christians by complaining about bibles being in the housing units.....But what about the rights of the Muslim service members? Or the rights of Jewish service members? Aren't the Christians infringing on their rights by wanting christian bibles to be in these housing units? Just saying.... [Image: coffeedrinker.gif]

publius2k4

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
[Image: tumblr_lvj8iyIABB1r2fzujo1_500.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes publius2k4's post
26-04-2012, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2012 02:46 PM by Thomas.)
Christians claim it's Muslims who are outraged when the Koran is in play.
They claim to be above that.
Seems a bit of a double standard here.
...and god bless you in jesus' name. Can I say that on this forum?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
26-04-2012, 03:00 PM
I love reading the comments section of a Fox article on religion or having anything to do with an atheist.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
26-04-2012, 03:00 PM
(26-04-2012 02:41 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Christians claim it's Muslims who are outraged when the Koran is in play.
If you can't say it here, then where can you say it?

I like how Steve Doocy doesn't correct any of this guy's lies like, "They're taking away our rights."
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
26-04-2012, 03:20 PM
(26-04-2012 03:00 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(26-04-2012 02:41 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Christians claim it's Muslims who are outraged when the Koran is in play.
If you can't say it here, then where can you say it?
You picked it up. Awesome. How fucking stupid of the Fox guy making that comment Big Grin

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
26-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Will they give the soilders "God Is not great"?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
26-04-2012, 03:59 PM
I think that if they would put as many religious texts as possible in every room (Bible, Koran, Torah, Tao Te Ching, Book of Mormon, Dianetics, Book of Shadows, etc.) then it would be acceptable....at that point, it would become more of a reference library...nothing wrong with letting the Gideons place their bible in the rooms, but don't let them be the only group that is allowed to have their religion represented.

publius2k4

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
[Image: tumblr_lvj8iyIABB1r2fzujo1_500.gif]
[+] 2 users Like publius2k4's post