The USAF (and the rest of the US Armed Forces) barred from distributing bibles to on-

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2012, 12:16 PM
RE: The USAF (and the rest of the US Armed Forces) barred from distributing bibles to on-
(27-04-2012 11:36 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(27-04-2012 11:15 AM)Eru Wrote:  Its true. Its mainly the Military religious bigots that make this true. They push Christianity at every corner ...A shame.

I served in the US Army 82nd Airborne Division for over three years and didn't come across any type of religious discrimination. However, it might have just been that the "tops" in my unit were not super religious. Even when we went overseas, I don't remember any kind of praying. Everybody respected each other's religious views. Although I will say that everyone poked fun at "Dave the Jew," especially on various Jewish holidays. For instance, everyone in the platoon would start twirling around and singing the dreidel song ("Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay...") during Hanukkah. We did this out of fun, though. He was a pretty devoted guy too. When we were in the field on Passover, he would light cigarettes in place of candles, drink grape kool-aid in place of wine, and eat the MRE bread in place of unleavened bread. No one bothered him during his time of devotion, not even the sergeants.

That's how it should be. The entire point of being American is about religious freedom. Your friend Dave can believe and practice what he wants, you can believe and practice whatever you want, and I can believe and practice as I choose. Our beliefs don't have to interfere with each other, and we can still coexist. When the religious extremists (of any religion) become so intolerant of others points of views or beliefs to the point that they are outright offended when they hear somebody doesn't want to read their bible, they're spitting in the eye of the very spirit our nation was founded on!

publius2k4

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
[Image: tumblr_lvj8iyIABB1r2fzujo1_500.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2012, 01:32 AM
RE: The USAF (and the rest of the US Armed Forces) barred from distributing bibles to on-
My dad is a big fan of the Gideon bible in hotels, papers can be hard to get in the bad lands of Africa but weed is plentiful…

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Karl's post