The Ultimate Test

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-10-2011, 10:20 AM
The Ultimate Test
I have recently come upon the idea that we are the test. You know which test I am talking about. The ultimate god test. Life is a trial remember, and if we do everything the way god wants us to then we pass the test. We get to go to heaven for all eternity and be happy.

But what if the religious have it all backwards? What if the only way to pass the test is to use the ultimate gift of god in the first place. Free will. It makes no sense that a god would give us free will and rational thinking, then hide himself from all of us after giving us a set of rules that are completely insane and asinine.

What if the actual test is to see if we would be willing to sacrifice our eternal souls to the fires of damnation by using these gifts of his? What if followers of the bible get up to the gates of heaven and St. Peter is all like "sorry churchy, you didn't use your powers of reasoning, you wasted your gifts, it's hell for you." and then an atheist gets there and Pete's smiling and says "Come on in great unbeliever, you have cherished all of gods gifts even in the face of eternal torture and suffering, now that is resolve."

Wouldn't that be funny? Still I think it may backfire as I'm sure we'd all get there and be like... you mean people are burning for all eternity for no greater reason then they listened to you? That blows. You sir are a dick to the nth degree. Oh and who made your sorry ass poncho?

Which I also find funny because one of the great argument enders (not due to brilliance but actually the opposite) is when a loving christian says "Yeah but you'll see in the end when I'm up in heaven watching you burn in hell forever" so lovingly. It's almost like they look forward to my suffering, like that in itself is what makes heaven pleasurable. Another reason that if there is a biblical god type I would be inclined to think that we are actually winning the test.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2011, 10:50 AM
RE: The Ultimate Test
Have you read a novel by James morrow, titled Towing Jehovah?
If not, do - i think you'd like it.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
Find all posts by this user
11-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Sounds interesting from what I've found online. I'll probably give it a shot if I can get ahold of it.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
11-10-2011, 09:55 PM
I've heard this one before. I call this one the Skeptics God. Of course, there's still a problem with it.

I remember reading a short story about an atheist and a christian waiting in the line to be judged by god. The Christian believed for terrible reasons, and so God anihilates him (No hell, just oblivion). The atheist gets up there, and puts up a strong defense for her non-belief. God says that that's fine, and that she can enter heaven.

But she refuses, basically saying she doesn't want to spend eternity with someone who wipes people out because they believed in him for bad reasons (Amongst other reasons). She requests oblivion, and that God look her in the eye when he destroys her.

So, while the god of the skeptics is at least rewarding actual positive attributes, he'd still be sending people to hell. And anyone who sends even one person to hell is a complete monster.
11-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Here I was thinking I was original. Well everything good comes around at least twice. Smile

11-10-2011, 11:44 PM
There is nothing new under the sun. The best you can hope for is to invoke 'Great minds think alike'.
12-10-2011, 03:43 AM
If you think about this, it makes perfect sense. If we presume that there is some kind of a God. So, when you are a believer, not only do you reject part of that Free Will stuff, but you stop being a moral person. Morality comes from within us, if you use scriptures and a set of laws you hold on to because you are afraid, then you are not a moral person, but a person who abides The Law. On the other hand, we, the atheists, do not use scriptures as a set of laws, we find laws within ourselves and that is the true morality and ethics. Only because of that we deserve the haven more than any theist.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
12-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Yeah it would be the greatest and most horrible joke to ever be played.

There is no winning with this one, christians and the like go to hell, atheists refuse god due to overall dickishness. Hell becomes so full zombies happen ala George Romero.

No one said that the actual plan of god had to be perfect except the religious, and if my theory is correct then they were already wrong about that too lol.

Almost wish god were real. But then again if he were and this theory proved to be true, then I suppose I would have (by admitting god may exist) be dooming myself to hell anyways. FUCK. Stupid god. No winning with that joker.

12-10-2011, 12:43 PM
I think god gets to keep the Buddhists: they're not allowed to care one way or the other.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 2 users Like Peterkin's post
12-10-2011, 07:17 PM
(12-10-2011 12:43 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  I think god gets to keep the Buddhists: they're not allowed to care one way or the other.

Or maybe the Buddhists are the only ones who get to keep god.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.