The Undateable Black Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2014, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2014 12:07 PM by kim.)
RE: The Undateable Black Atheist
(06-06-2014 05:38 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 08:55 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I just remembered the one line that really pissed me off. ---
-- the dad said something like "well at least we know you were raised by good parents" Facepalm REALLY?!?!?!?
The one that got me was the woman's question of "How can you love anyone if you don't love God?".
I was offended by the whole exchange...
When the Dad was asked to consider the notion that if the young man was a criminal, he would accept him but, because he was an atheist, he emphatically stated he would not.
When asked why he replies, "Because a criminal can be saved." And then... "An atheist...?" Dad shakes his head.

Oh... Dodgy ye of little faith.

If one has faith then ... an atheist must be able to be "saved".
Unless of course ... there ... is ... no ... Shocking god.

These bourbon mashed potatoes are goood. Angel

(06-06-2014 05:38 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  ---
-- I mean, would they just roll with it if I said "How can you be using logic if you believe in God?".

Logic? Logic?!! Faith don't need no stinkin' logic!

Actually it does but, people like the ones portrayed don't seem to need it. More bourbon mashed potatoes, please. Angel

I think these characters are going through the motions of a life they think they're supposed to have.

Oh well, mind slavery seems cozy, I guess. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-06-2014, 12:50 PM
(04-06-2014 10:02 AM)give me moon rocks Wrote:  This is old, but I like to revisit it from time to time for a good laugh. I still don't know if it's a parody.

Watching this was painful for me. I am offended and saddened by it. I look forward to a time when it is no longer deemed acceptable to treat Atheists in such an awful fashion based on religion. Equality and fairness demand a change in culture.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
06-06-2014, 05:46 PM
(06-06-2014 12:50 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 10:02 AM)give me moon rocks Wrote:  This is old, but I like to revisit it from time to time for a good laugh. I still don't know if it's a parody.

Watching this was painful for me. I am offended and saddened by it. I look forward to a time when it is no longer deemed acceptable to treat Atheists in such an awful fashion based on religion. Equality and fairness demand a change in culture.

Stop persecuting the Christians! I can't tell if they hate or love it they way they talk about it.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post