The Universe can be 6 days old

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2016, 07:16 PM
RE: The Universe can be 6 days old
(22-01-2016 05:58 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 05:39 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  One of the characteristics of our universe is that it is over 13 billion years old. You can't create a 13 billion year old universe in anything less than 13 billion years (duh right?).

Sure, at one time our universe was only 7 days old, we all know that. Do I win?
No. The universe can be more than 100 billion years old while at the same time it can be less than 1 second old.
It depends on who/what is telling the story.

Time varies based on speed. The faster you go the slower you grow.

Not the observable universe. We observe using light and light takes time to travel. If the universe was only a second old then the moon would have just blinked on and the sun would still be eight minutes from being visible. The nearest stars wouldn't start to shine for several years.

Go out tonight and look up at that fuzzy patch in the constellation of Andromeda. That's the Andromeda galaxy and it's 2.5 million lightyears distant. That tells you that the universe is 2.5 million years old at a minimum and you can do that with your naked eye.

The most distant galaxies that we've ever observed are over 13 billion lightyears distant. Thus, the universe must be a minimum of 13 billion years old.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
(22-01-2016 06:49 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Here is the Evidence:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_science

You must demonstrate the laws are relevant to your stupid story and how. You didn't even mention oNE of them in your story, (or at all until given the link).

(22-01-2016 06:49 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Your not providing any evidence. I am.

You have not. You provided a list AFTER I gave it to you, and you have not demonstrated in any way how the list is in any way relevant to your story.

Then you CONTRADICTED yourself, and said if we can't prove you wrong (a lack of evidence), that it proves you are right.

It's "you're, not "your".

Mary had a little lamb,
His fleece was white as snow,
And everywhere that Mary went,
The lamb was sure to go.

He followed her to school one day,
Which was against the rule,
It made the children laugh and play
To see a lamb at school.

And so the teacher turned it out,
But still it lingered near,
And waited patiently about,
Till Mary did appear.

"Why does the lamb love Mary so?"
The eager children cry.
"Why, Mary loves the lamb, you know."
The teacher did reply.

The laws of science are consistent with the poem.
If you can't show me how they are not, it proves the poem true.

Facepalm

THAT is the essence of the bullshit you are trying to foist on us.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
(22-01-2016 07:07 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 07:03 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  If you cant provide evidence or disprove my argument the best you will get is a draw.
You won't win with that attitude Mr.

You wish to call it a draw between us?
Still debating others so please don't close thread.

I can't find the evidence of a story of a man that was told by the catalyst of the universe that it created the universe in 6 days... where is that? I don't see it provided.

I have looked in the entirety searching the link you provided. I don't see any hint or reference to it. Not one. So where is your evidence of it?
I have no issues calling it a draw between us but you haven't provided evidence to prove me wrong.
Please don't close the thread as I am still debating others
22-01-2016, 07:18 PM
(22-01-2016 07:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 06:49 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Here is the Evidence:

You must demonstrate the laws are relevant to your stupid story and how. You didn't even mention oNE of them in your story, (or at all until given the link).

(22-01-2016 06:49 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Your not providing any evidence. I am.

You have not. You provided a list AFTER I gave it to you, and you have not demonstrated in any way how the list is in any way relevant to your story.

Then you CONTRADICTED yourself, and said if we can't prove you wrong (a lack of evidence), that it proves you are right.

It's "you're, not "your".

Mary had a little lamb,
His fleece was white as snow,
And everywhere that Mary went,
The lamb was sure to go.

He followed her to school one day,
Which was against the rule,
It made the children laugh and play
To see a lamb at school.

And so the teacher turned it out,
But still it lingered near,
And waited patiently about,
Till Mary did appear.

"Why does the lamb love Mary so?"
The eager children cry.
"Why, Mary loves the lamb, you know."
The teacher did reply.

The laws of science are consistent with the poem.
If you can't show me how they are not, it proves the poem true.

Facepalm

THAT is the essence of the bullshit you are trying to foist on us.

I have no issues calling it a draw between us but you haven't provided evidence to prove me wrong.
22-01-2016, 07:20 PM
(22-01-2016 07:16 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  you haven't provided evidence to prove me wrong.

You keep saying that, AND "absence of evidence is not evidence".
No one has to "prove you wrong", and so YOU HAVE SAID.

Are you drunk or on drugs ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-01-2016, 07:22 PM
[Image: argument_victory.png]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
22-01-2016, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2016 07:33 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(22-01-2016 07:16 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 05:58 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  No. The universe can be more than 100 billion years old while at the same time it can be less than 1 second old.
It depends on who/what is telling the story.

Time varies based on speed. The faster you go the slower you grow.

Not the observable universe. We observe using light and light takes time to travel. If the universe was only a second old then the moon would have just blinked on and the sun would still be eight minutes from being visible. The nearest stars wouldn't start to shine for several years.

Go out tonight and look up at that fuzzy patch in the constellation of Andromeda. That's the Andromeda galaxy and it's 2.5 million lightyears distant. That tells you that the universe is 2.5 million years old at a minimum and you can do that with your naked eye.

The most distant galaxies that we've ever observed are over 13 billion lightyears distant. Thus, the universe must be a minimum of 13 billion years old.
Agreed the age of the universe can be over 13 billion years old based on your frame of reference.
It does not disprove the story nor the claim.
The universe can be created in 6 days.
The bubble expands at the speed of light. At that speed time does not pass (this is proven by Einstein's theory of relativity & is supported by scientists the world over)
The bubble only experienced 6 days in total each time it had stopped expanding (based on its frame of reference(
At the end of the 6th day the universe was only 6 days old based on its frame of reference.

You haven't disproven the story, but at least you gave the best answer so far.
Thanks man
22-01-2016, 07:30 PM
(22-01-2016 07:16 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 07:07 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I can't find the evidence of a story of a man that was told by the catalyst of the universe that it created the universe in 6 days... where is that? I don't see it provided.

I have looked in the entirety searching the link you provided. I don't see any hint or reference to it. Not one. So where is your evidence of it?

You haven't extrapolated on the point to know if what I could prove wrong is something to prove wrong. It would be me making assertions on what I have to infer you mean, but I wouldn't accept that as your point unless it was made more clear.

Whether or not you refer to Moses or someone else. Whether this claim is based on a person of real descent? Of a different origin? Is it still supposedly relevant to the Torah's connection of the 6 day creation account? Or is that merely a close coincidence and there is some other legend of a 6 day universe creation tale that a person says god says he told him.

Again, it's also not how any burden of proof works. You haven't even said what you provided is evidence of what I am questioning. So you're just being lazy and copy-pasting lines about it without regard for the fact there are different points in your argument laid out being questioned that aren't all based on the same elements.

Or Instead of me going about my time wastefully, here I can make the connection presumption or at least provide some evidence: A man NEVER wrote that the catalyst of creation told him that it created the world in 6 days.

Proof? Here- https://www.biblegateway.com/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible

To actually do something you are too childish to do in your petty point. Elaborate. There is no quote or place in any biblical/scholarly/or other religiously stated source that claims a man wrote that he was told the creation story. While it may be Jewish Torah tradition that Moses allegedly wrote the Torah, it is not WRITTEN or stated in the texts or any other texts in that part that the creation of the world in 6 days was told to him. This idea does not exist in any story of the written word of this supposed man.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-01-2016, 07:35 PM
(22-01-2016 07:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 07:16 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  you haven't provided evidence to prove me wrong.

You keep saying that, AND "absence of evidence is not evidence".
No one has to "prove you wrong", and so YOU HAVE SAID.

Are you drunk or on drugs ?

22-01-2016, 07:37 PM
(22-01-2016 07:30 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 07:16 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I have no issues calling it a draw between us but you haven't provided evidence to prove me wrong.

You haven't extrapolated on the point to know if what I could prove wrong is something to prove wrong. It would be me making assertions on what I have to infer you mean, but I wouldn't accept that as your point unless it was made more clear.

Whether or not you refer to Moses or someone else. Whether this claim is based on a person of real descent? Of a different origin? Is it still supposedly relevant to the Torah's connection of the 6 day creation account? Or is that merely a close coincidence and there is some other legend of a 6 day universe creation tale that a person says god says he told him.

Again, it's also not how any burden of proof works. You haven't even said what you provided is evidence of what I am questioning. So you're just being lazy and copy-pasting lines about it without regard for the fact there are different points in your argument laid out being questioned that aren't all based on the same elements.

Or Instead of me going about my time wastefully, here I can make the connection presumption or at least provide some evidence: A man NEVER wrote that the catalyst of creation told him that it created the world in 6 days.

Proof? Here- https://www.biblegateway.com/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible

To actually do something you are too childish to do in your petty point. Elaborate. There is no quote or place in any biblical/scholarly/or other religiously stated source that claims a man wrote that he was told the creation story. While it may be Jewish Torah tradition that Moses allegedly wrote the Torah, it is not WRITTEN or stated in the texts or any other texts in that part that the creation of the world in 6 days was told to him. This idea does not exist in any story of the written word of this supposed man.
I am not defending the above quoted scriptures.
Only the claim that the universe can be created in 6 days.
I am using the story of the expanding bubble as my basis.