The Universe can be 6 days old

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: The Universe can be 6 days old
(22-01-2016 07:22 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  [Image: argument_victory.png]

I have no issues calling it a draw between us but you haven't provided evidence to prove me wrong.
Please don't close the thread as I am still debating others
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2016, 07:39 PM
(22-01-2016 07:37 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 07:30 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You haven't extrapolated on the point to know if what I could prove wrong is something to prove wrong. It would be me making assertions on what I have to infer you mean, but I wouldn't accept that as your point unless it was made more clear.

Whether or not you refer to Moses or someone else. Whether this claim is based on a person of real descent? Of a different origin? Is it still supposedly relevant to the Torah's connection of the 6 day creation account? Or is that merely a close coincidence and there is some other legend of a 6 day universe creation tale that a person says god says he told him.

Again, it's also not how any burden of proof works. You haven't even said what you provided is evidence of what I am questioning. So you're just being lazy and copy-pasting lines about it without regard for the fact there are different points in your argument laid out being questioned that aren't all based on the same elements.

Or Instead of me going about my time wastefully, here I can make the connection presumption or at least provide some evidence: A man NEVER wrote that the catalyst of creation told him that it created the world in 6 days.

Proof? Here- https://www.biblegateway.com/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible

To actually do something you are too childish to do in your petty point. Elaborate. There is no quote or place in any biblical/scholarly/or other religiously stated source that claims a man wrote that he was told the creation story. While it may be Jewish Torah tradition that Moses allegedly wrote the Torah, it is not WRITTEN or stated in the texts or any other texts in that part that the creation of the world in 6 days was told to him. This idea does not exist in any story of the written word of this supposed man.
I am not defending the above quoted scriptures.
Only the claim that the universe can be created in 6 days.
I am using the story of the expanding bubble as my basis.

I have no issues calling it a draw between us but you haven't provided evidence to prove me wrong.

Then how am I to determine what is or isn't your argument if you're picking and choosing parts of your stated claims as what are the basis or not?

I do not know what evidence I am to prove wrong if I don't know what claims are being made.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-01-2016, 07:40 PM
(22-01-2016 07:29 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 07:16 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Not the observable universe. We observe using light and light takes time to travel. If the universe was only a second old then the moon would have just blinked on and the sun would still be eight minutes from being visible. The nearest stars wouldn't start to shine for several years.

Go out tonight and look up at that fuzzy patch in the constellation of Andromeda. That's the Andromeda galaxy and it's 2.5 million lightyears distant. That tells you that the universe is 2.5 million years old at a minimum and you can do that with your naked eye.

The most distant galaxies that we've ever observed are over 13 billion lightyears distant. Thus, the universe must be a minimum of 13 billion years old.
Agreed the age of the universe can be over 13 billion years old based on your frame of reference.
It does not disprove the story nor the claim.
The universe can be created in 6 days.
The bubble expands at the speed of light. At that speed time does not pass (this is proven by Einstein's theory of relativity & is supported by scientists the world over)
The bubble only experienced 6 days in total each time it had stopped expanding (based on its frame of reference(
At the end of the 6th day the universe was only 6 days old based on its frame of reference.

You haven't disproven the story, but at least you gave the best answer so far.
Thanks man

The surface of your bubble is not the bubble. The interior is not expanding at the speed of light.

You understanding of expansion is incorrect and you have been proven wrong.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-01-2016, 07:41 PM
At work.

Wait... has AgShane missed the posts that prove/show their story to be wrong some how?

Consider
22-01-2016, 07:50 PM
(22-01-2016 07:39 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 07:37 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I am not defending the above quoted scriptures.
Only the claim that the universe can be created in 6 days.
I am using the story of the expanding bubble as my basis.

Then how am I to determine what is or isn't your argument if you're picking and choosing parts of your stated claims as what are the basis or not?

I do not know what evidence I am to prove wrong if I don't know what claims are being made.
The claim is that the world CAN be created in 6 days based on the story of the Expanding Bubble.
To make it easier for you to win, all I ask for is one piece of scientific evidence that proves my story cannot have happened in the manner I have described it.
22-01-2016, 08:00 PM
(22-01-2016 07:50 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 07:39 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Then how am I to determine what is or isn't your argument if you're picking and choosing parts of your stated claims as what are the basis or not?

The claim is that the world CAN be created in 6 days based on the story of the Expanding Bubble.
To make it easier for you to win, all I ask for is one piece of scientific evidence that proves my story cannot have happened in the manner I have described it.

In your thread thats not what you say the story is. You say the story is and begin it with the man and say then that you are going to prove this is theoretically possible. Now you just ignore that, as if it doesn't count? That's not a fair argument. Are you conceding that point? Do you want to consider that point "a draw?"

This is the point I was pointing out in these posts prior to you beginning the argument. You are just inconsistent and foolish with your statements. You keep claiming you're going to do and then do different things using different verbiage and implication in posts. Your case isn't consistent.

This is why I brought up your earlier statements fluctuating. Saying the universe can be 6 days old, the universe IS 6 days old, the universe was created in 6 days, the universe [as we are in it now] can be created in 6 days, or the universe as started by the big bang are each slightly different claims. You've used ALL of those at one point in this thread as if they're mostly just 1 claim. They aren't. Your whole concept and idea is based on a lack of being able to know your claim. Which 1 is it you are arguing? (Not all of them, but multiple are in your main post laying out the argument)

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-01-2016, 08:09 PM
(22-01-2016 07:50 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 07:39 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Then how am I to determine what is or isn't your argument if you're picking and choosing parts of your stated claims as what are the basis or not?

But you lied.
You said you would PROVE it possible, NOT that we have to prove it was not possible.
Your claim is proof of nothing. You made up a story. Big deal. It's proof of nothing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-01-2016, 08:11 PM
(22-01-2016 07:35 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 07:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You keep saying that, AND "absence of evidence is not evidence".
No one has to "prove you wrong", and so YOU HAVE SAID.

Are you drunk or on drugs ?

There is no draw. You did not do what you said you would.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-01-2016, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2016 09:13 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(22-01-2016 07:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 07:29 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Agreed the age of the universe can be over 13 billion years old based on your frame of reference.
It does not disprove the story nor the claim.
The universe can be created in 6 days.
The bubble expands at the speed of light. At that speed time does not pass (this is proven by Einstein's theory of relativity & is supported by scientists the world over)
The bubble only experienced 6 days in total each time it had stopped expanding (based on its frame of reference(
At the end of the 6th day the universe was only 6 days old based on its frame of reference.

You haven't disproven the story, but at least you gave the best answer so far.
Thanks man

The surface of your bubble is not the bubble. The interior is not expanding at the speed of light.

You understanding of expansion is incorrect and you have been proven wrong.
Most of what I'm about to say isn't going to prove my theory true but it is definitely worth the read and is quote possibly wrong, but I will let you prove me wrong.

The bubble isn't creating new matter. It is finite. It is only stretching.
(I will help you, see if you can find evidence that matter can be created instead of stretched)

The energy of the bubble has never increased or decreased in the story. It hasn't lost anything or gained anything.
(I will help you, see if you can find evidence that the universe can lose energy)

As it expands it thins out because it is losing parts & stretching at the same time.
(I will help you, see if you can find evidence that the universe does not thin out the older it gets)

The center of the bubble is empty. As in nothing exists. Not even time.
(I will help you, see if you can find evidence that time passes in a vacuum of absolute nothing)

The edge of the bubble is stretching away from the broken off parts & its own skin at exactly the speed of light in a vacuum
(I will help you, see if you can find evidence that an expanding perfectly spherical bubble can stretch away from itself at different speeds if it exists in a vacuum)
In other words all frames of reference at any point in that expanding bubble skin will be equal to any other point on the skin.

What better shape than the inside of a bubble to prove chaos theory.
(I will help you, see if you can find evidence any other object other than a bubble can create the randomness of chaos better than the inside of a sphere)

Here is a nice question:
What would happen if the skin of the bubble wasn't the same thickness before the expansion?

The particles would break off in large chunks bur never fully separate from the outer skin.
The inside of the bubble would be full of different sized chunks of matter all joined to each other by invisible gravitational forces
What if the bubble is elastic in nature as all bubbles are in order to keep its shape. It would mean that all inner parts of the bubble will be moving to rejoin the skin of the bubble at an increasing rate
Why isn't everything moving away from us at an increasing rate you might ask. If everything is supposed to be expanding we should find evidence that we are also expanding internally just as the universe. This is not the case. In fact there are many instances in space where planets collide.
Such action is explained by the physics of an expanding bubble.
What this would mean is that if we look towards the center of the bubble things will move faster towards us. It would also mean if we look towards the edge of the bubble things will move faster away from us.
22-01-2016, 08:29 PM
My favorite part of this thread is that, to the surprise of absolutely no one, he completely ignored Paleophyte total destruction of his made up bullshit.

What a dishonest piece of shit.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 6 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post