The Universe can be 6 days old

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: The Universe can be 6 days old
It seems when Shane enters a debate he just copy pastes from other sources with out acknowledging the original author. Lovely. I wonder if he understands a single thing he typed in his debate with Paleophyte.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2016, 09:09 PM
I thought this was in the Boxing ring???

Does the Boxing ring exist? Zeus only knows. Unless of course I check to see if it is actually there.

hhhmmmmmm, checking facts.... What an interesting idea! Consider

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
24-01-2016, 09:12 PM
Oh this is also fun!

(24-01-2016 03:36 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  At 'Warp 7' you are traveling at a speed which is within ( 1 - .9999999) x 300,000 kilometers/sec = 30 meters/sec of the speed of light. It will take you 4.2 years/2236 = 16.2 hours to travel 4.2 light years distant, but present you will see it take you 4.2 YEARS. 26,000 light years distance will take you only 11.6 years to cover at this speed. An electron sitting in your frame of reference will be seen as having an energy of 2236 x mc^2 = 1.1 GeV which is the mass of a proton! We can push this story even further:
Warp Factor e t0
9 3 cm/sec 22360
16 300 Angstroms/sec 71 million
25 ..... 2.2 trillion
30 ..... 700 trillion
37 ..... 2 billion billion
At Warp 16, you cover the distance of the observable universe (the current distance of the visible horizon to the universe) in 212 years. At Warp 25, this takes only 2.4 days, and at Warp 37 ( 0.99999...37 times) the universe's age is only 0.2 SECONDS! The expansion may only take less than a second at your old speed, but at your current speed in present day it would have taken 13.799 billion years. At light speed the universe will literally have passed in and out of existence in no time at all.

The original!

At 'Warp 7' you are traveling at a speed which is within ( 1 - .9999999) x 300,000 kilometers/sec = 30 meters/sec of the speed of light. It will take you 4.2 years/2236 = 16.2 hours to travel to the nearest star 4.2 light years distant, but your twin back on Earth will see it take you 4.2 YEARS. The center of our Milky Way is 26,000 light years away, but this will take you only 11.6 years at this speed. An electron sitting in your frame of reference will be seen as having an energy of 2236 x mc^2 = 1.1 GeV which is the mass of a proton! We can push this story even further:

Warp Factor e t0
9 30 cm/sec 22360
16 300 Angstroms/sec 71 million
25 ..... 2.2 trillion
30 ..... 700 trillion
37 ..... 2 billion billion

At 'Warp' 9, you can travel to the Galactic center in 1.1 years. At Warp 16, you can travel to the current distance of the visible horizon to the universe some 15 billion light years distant, in 212 years. At Warp 25, this takes only 2.4 days, and at Warp 37 ( 0.99999...37 times) the journey across the universe takes only 0.2 SECONDS! The journey may only take a second for you, but outside, it still takes 15 billion years. At this speed, if we live in a closed universe with only finite spatial volume and lifetime, you will witness the collapse of the universe in a few seconds! The universe will literally have passed in and out of existence in less time than it takes you to take a breath!

I highlighted the interesting part.Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
24-01-2016, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2016 06:58 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Nice catch !

I thought the following sounded rather unlike his writing style, (the "wait a minute" bells were going off), but I was too lazy to look for the source.

AS (in the debate thread) :
"Lets take a look at the mathematics of special relativity! The famous equation that describes the amount of time dilation you experience is given by:"

Original :

"Lets take a look at the mathematics of special relativity! The famous equation that describes the amount of time dilation you experience is given by:"
http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/q917.html

Where I come from, you get expelled for plagiarism.

I'm still shocked by his comments about Chaos Theory. Clearly all he knew about it was the "sciencey" buzzwords.

So no. I think the point of all that wall of copy-pasta was the tactic (Gish Gallop http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Gish_Gallope ) where you just throw everything you can think of, so a reply is impossible.
Also here he was committing "Onus probandi – from Latin "onus probandi incumbit ei qui dicit, non ei qui negat" the burden of proof is on the person who makes the claim, not on the person who denies (or questions the claim). It is a particular case of the "argumentum ad ignorantiam" fallacy, here the burden is shifted on the person defending against the assertion.". - Wiki

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-01-2016, 09:43 PM
(24-01-2016 09:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nice catch !

I thought the following sounded rather unlike his writing style :

AS in the debate thread : "Lets take a look at the mathematics of special relativity! The famous equation that describes the amount of time dilation you experience is given by:"

Original :

Lets take a look at the mathematics of special relativity! The famous equation that describes the amount of time dilation you experience is given by:

Where I come from, you are expelled for plagiarism.
I'm still shocked by his comments about Chaos Theory. Clearly all he knew about it was the "sciencey" buzzwords.

I seem to recall mentioning the word "troll" some time ago. Consider

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
24-01-2016, 11:06 PM
(24-01-2016 09:43 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-01-2016 09:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nice catch !

I thought the following sounded rather unlike his writing style :

AS in the debate thread : "Lets take a look at the mathematics of special relativity! The famous equation that describes the amount of time dilation you experience is given by:"

Original :

Lets take a look at the mathematics of special relativity! The famous equation that describes the amount of time dilation you experience is given by:

Where I come from, you are expelled for plagiarism.

I seem to recall mentioning the word "troll" some time ago. Consider

Sound familiar ?

"Furthermore, the time dilation effect would be magnified tremendously as the universe was originally expanding. As the universe expanded, there was a point at which time was moving very rapidly at the outer edge and essentially stopped near the center. At this point in the expansion of the universe, only days were passing near the center, while billions of years were passing in the heavens. This is the inevitable conclusion based on our current knowledge of physics and starting with Biblical assumptions instead of arbitrary ones. Albert Einstein rejected the idea that the Bible could be literally true. He wrote that, "Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached the convictions that many of the stories in the Bible could not be true." How ironic that the most ridiculed Biblical story (about a recent, literal, six day creation of the universe) is exactly the story which Albert Einstein’s work has shown to be entirely possible. A comprehensive explanation of Dr. Humphreys work, can be found in his book."

http://www.6000years.org/young_earth.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-01-2016, 11:12 PM
(24-01-2016 11:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(24-01-2016 09:43 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I seem to recall mentioning the word "troll" some time ago. Consider

Sound familiar ?

"Furthermore, the time dilation effect would be magnified tremendously as the universe was originally expanding. As the universe expanded, there was a point at which time was moving very rapidly at the outer edge and essentially stopped near the center. At this point in the expansion of the universe, only days were passing near the center, while billions of years were passing in the heavens. This is the inevitable conclusion based on our current knowledge of physics and starting with Biblical assumptions instead of arbitrary ones. Albert Einstein rejected the idea that the Bible could be literally true. He wrote that, "Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached the convictions that many of the stories in the Bible could not be true." How ironic that the most ridiculed Biblical story (about a recent, literal, six day creation of the universe) is exactly the story which Albert Einstein’s work has shown to be entirely possible. A comprehensive explanation of Dr. Humphreys work, can be found in his book."

Why are the rules on trolls so easy here? You cannot convert or have a rational debate with a troll. That is not their raison de tour.

This troll should have been banned within at least 3 days if not less.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
25-01-2016, 12:09 AM
(24-01-2016 11:12 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-01-2016 11:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sound familiar ?

Why are the rules on trolls so easy here? You cannot convert or have a rational debate with a troll. That is not their raison de tour.

Easy Banjo. Chewing on trolls is entertainment around here. Ban them too quickly and we'd get bored. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
25-01-2016, 12:31 AM
(25-01-2016 12:09 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(24-01-2016 11:12 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Why are the rules on trolls so easy here? You cannot convert or have a rational debate with a troll. That is not their raison de tour.

Easy Banjo. Chewing on trolls is entertainment around here. Ban them too quickly and we'd get bored. Tongue

I don't agree, but we will probably never know. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-01-2016, 06:31 AM
(24-01-2016 11:12 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-01-2016 11:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sound familiar ?

Sometimes I enjoy smacking them around, but most of the time it's just a fucking exhausting exercise. I think others around here enjoy it quite a bit.

The atheist burden:

[Image: 480px-torture-_level_sisyphus_large.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition