The Universe can be 6 days old

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2016, 08:15 AM
RE: The Universe can be 6 days old
(24-01-2016 09:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nice catch !

I thought the following sounded rather unlike his writing style, (the "wait a minute" bells were going off), but I was too lazy to look for the source.

AS (in the debate thread) :
"Lets take a look at the mathematics of special relativity! The famous equation that describes the amount of time dilation you experience is given by:"

Original :

"Lets take a look at the mathematics of special relativity! The famous equation that describes the amount of time dilation you experience is given by:"
http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/q917.html

Where I come from, you get expelled for plagiarism.

I'm still shocked by his comments about Chaos Theory. Clearly all he knew about it was the "sciencey" buzzwords.

So no. I think the point of all that wall of copy-pasta was the tactic (Gish Gallop http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Gish_Gallope ) where you just throw everything you can think of, so a reply is impossible.
Also here he was committing "Onus probandi – from Latin "onus probandi incumbit ei qui dicit, non ei qui negat" the burden of proof is on the person who makes the claim, not on the person who denies (or questions the claim). It is a particular case of the "argumentum ad ignorantiam" fallacy, here the burden is shifted on the person defending against the assertion.". - Wiki

Many religions are based on plagiarism. Joseph Smith and his macaroni angel. Mrs E G White of the SDA church etc...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
25-01-2016, 08:25 AM
(24-01-2016 09:12 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Oh this is also fun!

(24-01-2016 03:36 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  At 'Warp 7' you are traveling at a speed which is within ( 1 - .9999999) x 300,000 kilometers/sec = 30 meters/sec of the speed of light. It will take you 4.2 years/2236 = 16.2 hours to travel 4.2 light years distant, but present you will see it take you 4.2 YEARS. 26,000 light years distance will take you only 11.6 years to cover at this speed. An electron sitting in your frame of reference will be seen as having an energy of 2236 x mc^2 = 1.1 GeV which is the mass of a proton! We can push this story even further:
Warp Factor e t0
9 3 cm/sec 22360
16 300 Angstroms/sec 71 million
25 ..... 2.2 trillion
30 ..... 700 trillion
37 ..... 2 billion billion
At Warp 16, you cover the distance of the observable universe (the current distance of the visible horizon to the universe) in 212 years. At Warp 25, this takes only 2.4 days, and at Warp 37 ( 0.99999...37 times) the universe's age is only 0.2 SECONDS! The expansion may only take less than a second at your old speed, but at your current speed in present day it would have taken 13.799 billion years. At light speed the universe will literally have passed in and out of existence in no time at all.

The original!

At 'Warp 7' you are traveling at a speed which is within ( 1 - .9999999) x 300,000 kilometers/sec = 30 meters/sec of the speed of light. It will take you 4.2 years/2236 = 16.2 hours to travel to the nearest star 4.2 light years distant, but your twin back on Earth will see it take you 4.2 YEARS. The center of our Milky Way is 26,000 light years away, but this will take you only 11.6 years at this speed. An electron sitting in your frame of reference will be seen as having an energy of 2236 x mc^2 = 1.1 GeV which is the mass of a proton! We can push this story even further:

Warp Factor e t0
9 30 cm/sec 22360
16 300 Angstroms/sec 71 million
25 ..... 2.2 trillion
30 ..... 700 trillion
37 ..... 2 billion billion

At 'Warp' 9, you can travel to the Galactic center in 1.1 years. At Warp 16, you can travel to the current distance of the visible horizon to the universe some 15 billion light years distant, in 212 years. At Warp 25, this takes only 2.4 days, and at Warp 37 ( 0.99999...37 times) the journey across the universe takes only 0.2 SECONDS! The journey may only take a second for you, but outside, it still takes 15 billion years. At this speed, if we live in a closed universe with only finite spatial volume and lifetime, you will witness the collapse of the universe in a few seconds! The universe will literally have passed in and out of existence in less time than it takes you to take a breath!

I highlighted the interesting part.Drinking Beverage

I also note that this has an example of the entire universe existing for a few seconds, not six days.

I still don't know why he engages in this mental masturbation, even if you can change time perspective due to relativity, so what?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
25-01-2016, 10:35 AM
(25-01-2016 08:15 AM)DerFish Wrote:  

I thought the following sounded rather unlike his writing style, (the "wait a minute" bells were going off), but I was too lazy to look for the source.

Original :

I'm still shocked by his comments about Chaos Theory. Clearly all he knew about it was the "sciencey" buzzwords.

So no. I think the point of all that wall of copy-pasta was the tactic (Gish Gallop http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Gish_Gallope ) where you just throw everything you can think of, so a reply is impossible.
Also here he was committing "Onus probandi – from Latin "onus probandi incumbit ei qui dicit, non ei qui negat" the burden of proof is on the person who makes the claim, not on the person who denies (or questions the claim). It is a particular case of the "argumentum ad ignorantiam" fallacy, here the burden is shifted on the person defending against the assertion.". - Wiki

Many religions are based on plagiarism. Joseph Smith and his macaroni angel. Mrs E G White of the SDA church etc...

Noah's flood, straight from Gilgamesh. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-01-2016, 10:41 AM
(25-01-2016 10:35 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 08:15 AM)DerFish Wrote:  Many religions are based on plagiarism. Joseph Smith and his macaroni angel. Mrs E G White of the SDA church etc...

Noah's flood, straight from Gilgamesh. Thumbsup

Don't forget Zoroaster and Atra-Hasis.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
25-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Sometimes looking at these threads I feel like Sisyphus.

We keep going over the same stuff over and over. I don't give a crap if "Shane" claims to be agnostic or not...

Seriously dude, do you even google? There's no debate about this. It's not even a good discussion.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-03-2016, 09:36 AM

Original :

Don't happen that way for Captain Kirk and Scotty! Oops that isn't the one i thunk I was quoting! Sorry my bad!
16-03-2016, 05:52 AM
(21-01-2016 09:52 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Hello all.
Some Theists claim the world was created in 6 days.
Most Atheists claim this is not possible based on Emperical Evidence.

I would like to debate the possibility that the current world can be created in 6 days.
I believe it can be.

I challenge anyone on these forums.

Lastly I personally don't know if God exists.

It could also be 6 seconds old, but the chances of all this being created out of nothing, exactly the way it is are quite small, I would imagine Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2016, 07:20 AM
(22-01-2016 04:28 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  A bubble with finite mass was the only thing that existed. Not even time exists yet.
It inflated at the speed of light & parts came off inside the bubble.
It stopped inflating 7 times for 24 hour intervals
Some of these parts that were closer to the edge of the bubble had consciousness.
The bubble stopped inflating on the 7th occasion and was able to communicate with anything inside itself.
It then said to one of its parts I have created your world in 6 days

If you understand Time Dilation you cannot deny that this is theoretically possible.
A bubble can expand from within, it does not gain mass, only stretches.
Anything on the edge of the bubble moving at the speed of light that is still connected to the surface of the bubble will not have aged a single second for all of eternity
Any thing that drops off will remain in the exact location within the bubble right until the bubble stops inflating
Time does not exist from the perspective of the bubble until it stops inflating.
The bubble can only start counting time on the 7 occasions it stopped inflating.

Are you on drugs or were you starved of oxygen as a baby?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
16-03-2016, 07:25 AM
(22-01-2016 05:00 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The question is simply:
Can the universe be Created in 6 days.

I'm sure that people have already mentioned this but no, it cannot be created in 6 days. Simple logic explains why.

A day is defined as the amount of time one side of a rotating planetary body is bathed in light from the nearest star.

The planetary body and star are part of a larger universe. They cannot exist until the universe exists. Therefore there cannot be any days until the universe and its contents has come into being by which time it already exists.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
16-03-2016, 07:42 AM
(21-01-2016 09:52 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Most atheists claim this is not possible based on Empirical Evidence. [...]

I need to correct this: All atheists claim this.

And the word atheist is not a proper noun. It's not capitalised.

You're welcome.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.