The Universe can be 6 days old

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2016, 07:44 AM
RE: The Universe can be 6 days old
(22-01-2016 05:47 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Eg. I said a bubble with finite mass stretches at the speed of light.
If science claims that this I not possible based on the laws of science then I have lost the debate.

I'm pretty sure the bubbles in my bath don't stretch at the speed of light.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
16-03-2016, 07:52 AM
(22-01-2016 05:47 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I said a bubble with finite mass stretches at the speed of light.
If science claims that this I not possible based on the laws of science then I have lost the debate.

A bubble expands (or contracts) depending on atmospheric pressure, the temperature of its contained air mass, and the surface tension within the soapy fluid. Its rate of expansion has absolutely nothing to do with the speed of light. And as "science" does confirm this, you have indeed "lost the debate". Sorry. Not.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
16-03-2016, 07:59 AM
(22-01-2016 04:28 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  It stopped inflating 7 times for 24 hour intervals

(22-01-2016 04:28 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  And on the 7th day it rested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerati...e_universe

Quote:The accelerating expansion of the universe is the observation that the universe appears to be expanding at an increasing rate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_expansion_of_space

Quote:According to measurements, the universe's expansion rate was decelerating until about 5 billion years ago due to the gravitational attraction of the matter content of the universe, after which time the expansion began accelerating.

Expansion is not the same as creation. A rubber band isn't being created if you pull at it.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
16-03-2016, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2016 09:33 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
(16-03-2016 07:59 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Expansion is not the same as creation. A rubber band isn't being created if you pull at it.

The definition of create does not mean "something from nothing". I think this is a common misconception. The word create isn't that specific.

This is how I understand it, although I could be wrong:
It means to bring something into existence.
The key words are "bring" & "existence"
To bring something signifies movement.
Existence simply means a state of existing with regards to objective reality
The problem lies when we assume the word bring can only be understood to mean "bring from no state" rather than "bring from one state".
If you can show me where the definition of create or bring clearly defines a process of "bringing from no state" then I may better be able to understand your perspective.

The present universe is believed to have been brought from a singularity state to it's present state. The word create is the best word to describe such a process.
It does not mean something from nothing, people assume this because of religious bias. Why assume something intelligent and conscious was behind creation just because we say the universe was created? It's nothing more than a description of a process

Let me know what is your objection to my understanding.
16-03-2016, 04:31 PM
(16-03-2016 09:29 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The definition of create does not mean "something from nothing". I think this is a common misconception. The word create isn't that specific.

No, but when it comes to the universe, it is the only definition we give a damn about.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
16-03-2016, 04:56 PM
(21-01-2016 09:59 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 09:58 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Yeah but everyone knows you either don't exist or are a raving nutcase.

Do you accept the challenge?

Don't be silly. Time is not to be wasted.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
16-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Reading thru some of this foolishness, not all for sure, but what made the expansion of your universe slow down from 2 billion years per day to 24 hours a day. Did you think of that part?
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
16-03-2016, 05:08 PM
(16-03-2016 09:29 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The word create isn't that specific.

It's very specific. It requires a creator.

(16-03-2016 09:29 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  To bring something signifies movement.

And that's the problem. It requires space and time, for the word to have any meaning. Under the conditions assumed, it's meaningless.

(16-03-2016 09:29 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The present universe is believed to have been brought from ...

False. And you can stop right there. "Brought" assumes agency. There was no agency (that we know of). "Have been brought assumes a "bringer".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-03-2016, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2016 05:55 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(16-03-2016 05:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 09:29 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The word create isn't that specific.

It's very specific. It requires a creator.

(16-03-2016 09:29 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  To bring something signifies movement.

And that's the problem. It requires space and time, for the word to have any meaning. Under the conditions assumed, it's meaningless.

(16-03-2016 09:29 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The present universe is believed to have been brought from ...

False. And you can stop right there. "Brought" assumes agency. There was no agency (that we know of). "Have been brought assumes a "bringer".
The ocean's currents brings water from one ocean to another. Does the ocean have consciousness?
Why does a bringer have to be some divine being? Why do you rule out the possibility of randomness and a non conscious thing which initiated the "Big Bang" and thus caused the process of creation to be what it is today?
I think you assume to create requires a conscious creator. It does not say so in the definition. Who or what caused it is not described in the definition as far as I can tell. I have a plausible explanation for how this universe can exist outside of time and it does not require a God as described by theism. I will propose the theory in another thread.

The fact remains we know our reality exists regardless of how it exists or what brought it into being.
The fact remains we never proved it came from nothing, but rather we assume a dense point called the singularity where all matter we know of today still existed at that point in time but in a different state.

So again I ask why would you assume agency?
You would have to forgive me but my disorder does not allow me to assume things without having some probable cause for the assumption.
16-03-2016, 05:54 PM
(16-03-2016 04:31 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 09:29 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The definition of create does not mean "something from nothing". I think this is a common misconception. The word create isn't that specific.

No, but when it comes to the universe, it is the only definition we give a damn about.
I care about a lot more than the word create meaning something from nothing and with good reason.
I don't share your belief. So I don't think you speak on behalf of everyone.