The Universe can be 6 days old

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2016, 09:33 PM
RE: The Universe can be 6 days old
(16-03-2016 09:22 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 09:07 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  So many people claiming to have Aspergers now. I find it a bit odd that you don't carry the same symptoms as I do.

This may be because you don't have Asperger's, and are simply bullshitting. Either way, you certainly don't understand what it is or how it affects people. It is in no way responsible for your difficulty in following the conversation here.
Are you ever going to show me how "brings implies intent" or am I just going to have to settle for a "you know best" approach and "I don't have to explain it"?
I just dot get the blind faith logic, too bad you not willing to help.

Thanks for the support..I think.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2016, 09:44 PM
(16-03-2016 09:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 09:07 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  You must have missed the post then (should be around the 5th page when I presented my argument)

Check back you will see this:
"The story goes:
A man once wrote that the catalyst of creation told him that it created the world in 6 days"

So I set out to see if it were possible based on only scientific principles. It's an old biblical story that was told in ancient days to a people that just knew about days mostly. Other aspects of time weren't that well defined I think.

So many people claiming to have Aspergers now. I find it a bit odd that you don't carry the same symptoms as I do. Did you undergo therapy for it? What disadvantages did you have from it?

There is no such thing as Asperger's any more. It's no longer a valid diagnosis. It's "Autism Spectrum disorder" now. It manifests in many ways. For me it's a positive. Made me very good at a few things. It's not a disadvantage to me.

I saw your thing about "A man once wrote" ....
YOU said there were some expansionary periods, separated by 24 hours.
I knew you made it up. You never thought about what the 24 hour thing actually meant, (or "outside" spacetime). It's why, on day one,
I told you, you are a presuppositionalist. You CLAIM you don't accept things others assume.
Well, .... Consider
It's all speculation within the realm of scientific possibility. The same way a belief in black holes is not the same as a belief in the pink unicorn. One has scientific evidence to support the possibility for it's existence whereas the other does not.

I never said the story was proven. Why did you assume that? Never mind, thats what normal people do I guess, they assume first & then accept it as fact after.
The story was just an illustration of how it may be possible to create the universe in 6 days without defying the laws of science.
It was not meant to be a proven theory. It's purely hypothetical without going beyond what science permits. I never said I was proving an "is", you assumed that.
The only thing I was attempting to prove was a "can be possible"

We don't go dismissing dark energy, black holes & dark matter theory because we cannot prove it's existence. The concepts keep the scientific principles in their explanations even though the explanations are purely hypothetical (based on assumptions)
16-03-2016, 10:11 PM
(16-03-2016 09:33 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Are you ever going to show me how "brings implies intent" or am I just going to have to settle for a "you know best" approach and "I don't have to explain it"?

I have absolutely no idea why you think that I should, as it is never something that I argued or mentioned in any of my posts.

But then, I did just get finished explaining how you don't seem to have the ability to carry on a coherent conversation, so I don't know why anyone would be surprised by this.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
16-03-2016, 10:22 PM
(16-03-2016 09:44 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 09:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is no such thing as Asperger's any more. It's no longer a valid diagnosis. It's "Autism Spectrum disorder" now. It manifests in many ways. For me it's a positive. Made me very good at a few things. It's not a disadvantage to me.

I saw your thing about "A man once wrote" ....
YOU said there were some expansionary periods, separated by 24 hours.
I knew you made it up. You never thought about what the 24 hour thing actually meant, (or "outside" spacetime). It's why, on day one,
I told you, you are a presuppositionalist. You CLAIM you don't accept things others assume.
Well, .... Consider
It's all speculation within the realm of scientific possibility. The same way a belief in black holes is not the same as a belief in the pink unicorn. One has scientific evidence to support the possibility for it's existence whereas the other does not.

I never said the story was proven. Why did you assume that? Never mind, thats what normal people do I guess, they assume first & then accept it as fact after.
The story was just an illustration of how it may be possible to create the universe in 6 days without defying the laws of science.
It was not meant to be a proven theory. It's purely hypothetical without going beyond what science permits. I never said I was proving an "is", you assumed that.

We don't go dismissing dark energy, black holes & dark matter theory because we cannot prove it's existence. The concepts keep the scientific principles in their explanations even though the explanations are purely hypothetical (based on assumptions)

It sounds "sciencey". It's not. You can't even define how you measure time. You have no clue how the scientific method works.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-03-2016, 11:03 PM
(16-03-2016 10:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 09:44 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  It's all speculation within the realm of scientific possibility. The same way a belief in black holes is not the same as a belief in the pink unicorn. One has scientific evidence to support the possibility for it's existence whereas the other does not.

It sounds "sciencey". It's not. You can't even define how you measure time. You have no clue how the scientific method works.
That's the point I was making. How can you date something as large as the universe when it's components from start to finish don't all carry the same age?

If you see a wall painted in 10 different colors and I asked you what color is the wall how would you answer that? Wouldn't your answer be subjective and therefore quite possibly wrOng?

Do you still think "brings implies intent"? I noticed you didnt answer, not that I am accusing you of evasion.
16-03-2016, 11:27 PM
(16-03-2016 11:03 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  That's the point I was making. How can you date something as large as the universe when it's components from start to finish don't all carry the same age?

They're talking about the oldest structures.

(16-03-2016 11:03 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  If you see a wall painted in 10 different colors and I asked you what color is the wall how would you answer that? Wouldn't your answer be subjective and therefore quite possibly wrOng?

Multicolored. Easy. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-03-2016, 01:22 AM
(16-03-2016 11:03 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  That's the point I was making. How can you date something as large as the universe when it's components from start to finish don't all carry the same age?

You don't actually understand how relativity works, do you? Google is your friend.

Quote:Measurements by the WMAP satellite can help determine the age of the universe. The detailed structure of the cosmic microwave background fluctuations depends on the current density of the universe, the composition of the universe and its expansion rate. As of 2013, WMAP determined these parameters with an accuracy of better than than 1.5%. In turn, knowing the composition with this precision, we can estimate the age of the universe to about 0.4%: 13.77 ± 0.059 billion years!

How does WMAP data enable us to determine the age of the universe is 13.77 billion years, with an uncertainty of only 0.4%? The key to this is that by knowing the composition of matter and energy density in the universe, we can use Einstein's General Relativity to compute how fast the universe has been expanding in the past. With that information, we can turn the clock back and determine when the universe had "zero" size, according to Einstein. The time between then and now is the age of the universe.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
17-03-2016, 02:24 AM
Quote:There's a difference between HAVING a disability, and throwing it around as an excuse.

Thats why i came to the conclusion -while reading the "homo cautious" thread- that he is indeed an asshole. An asshole with Aspergers. But there are also assholes with knee amputations, assholes in wheelchairs and assholes with terminal cancer.
Excluding people like him from the possibility of being an ass would be equivalent to not making any jokes about disabled peole, it would be discrimination. These people do also have the right to be assholes, and Shane is one.
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
21-03-2016, 09:34 PM
(17-03-2016 01:22 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

You don't actually understand how relativity works, do you? Google is your friend.

Quote:Measurements by the WMAP satellite can help determine the age of the universe. The detailed structure of the cosmic microwave background fluctuations depends on the current density of the universe, the composition of the universe and its expansion rate. As of 2013, WMAP determined these parameters with an accuracy of better than than 1.5%. In turn, knowing the composition with this precision, we can estimate the age of the universe to about 0.4%: 13.77 ± 0.059 billion years!

How does WMAP data enable us to determine the age of the universe is 13.77 billion years, with an uncertainty of only 0.4%? The key to this is that by knowing the composition of matter and energy density in the universe, we can use Einstein's General Relativity to compute how fast the universe has been expanding in the past. With that information, we can turn the clock back and determine when the universe had "zero" size, according to Einstein. The time between then and now is the age of the universe.
You have peaked my interest.

What color is a wall that has 10 different colors when you examine the color of every distinct section?
What age is an object that has 10 different ages when you examine the age of every distinct component?
Why should I accept your answer?
21-03-2016, 09:39 PM
(16-03-2016 11:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

They're talking about the oldest structures.

(16-03-2016 11:03 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  If you see a wall painted in 10 different colors and I asked you what color is the wall how would you answer that? Wouldn't your answer be subjective and therefore quite possibly wrOng?

Multicolored. Easy. Tongue
I'm talking about the entire thing while they are talking about the oldest structures belonging to the entire thing.
Should I move my goal post at this point or rephrase the question?

Is multi colored "a color"?

Is it possible the problem doesn't lie with the answers? Is it the question that is at fault?