The Universe can be 6 days old

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2016, 09:06 AM
RE: The Universe can be 6 days old
(24-07-2016 02:02 AM)Rondonmon Wrote:  Yea, I get laughed at by both sides. But that's life, I am a big boy.

Can't imagine why. Facepalm

Here's another theory, Genesis was derived from Babylonian mythology which was written by an ignorant and ancient people that didn't have a clue to how the universe worked and their ignorance screams at you from the pages of their mythology.

Cue talking snake..........

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
24-07-2016, 12:53 PM
Perhaps if you started a new thread rather than necroposting this tired old thing...

(24-07-2016 02:02 AM)Rondonmon Wrote:  I used the WMAP/NASA project that mapped out the universe, to create my theory which I will post fully only if someone is interested.

Peer-reviewed or it didn't happen.

Quote:The WMAP map shows how the "Darkness was on the face of the Deep."

How do you figure? Last I checked it looked awfully bright.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
25-07-2016, 07:41 PM
(24-07-2016 12:53 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Perhaps if you started a new thread rather than necroposting this tired old thing...

(24-07-2016 02:02 AM)Rondonmon Wrote:  I used the WMAP/NASA project that mapped out the universe, to create my theory which I will post fully only if someone is interested.

Quote:The WMAP map shows how the "Darkness was on the face of the Deep."

[Image: CMB_Timeline75.jpg]

It is bright, I don't know if the image will load, but after Inflation, there was 400 million years of darkness, before the stars started forming. Then it is bright from that point on.

You see, my first day (period of time) is 9.2 billion years, my 2nd day is from 4.5 billion years until the grasses and herb trees came forth at about 900 million years BC. so the 2nd day was 3.6 billion years, the 3rd day 100 million years, the fourth day was 300 million years then at about 500 million years BC the sea animals/creatures were created, that was the 5th day, from 500 BC to 250 BC.

Then the 6th day was from 250 million years BC to 6000 BC, and all the land animals came forth, and man was created 6000 years ago. Of course so will say that man has been around longer, no doubt, there is evidence of that, but man as an animal per se, and man as imparted with God's Spirit, is two very different things.

We both know the universe is not 6000 years old. We also know the odds are against us just coming from nothing, all the constants yell, it just ain't so.

When I am speaking to Christians who insist the universe 6000 years old, I really get frustrated. It is just evident this is not so. SIGH.

Facts are, we will never know the full truth.
25-07-2016, 08:29 PM
(25-07-2016 07:41 PM)Rondonmon Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 12:53 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Perhaps if you started a new thread rather than necroposting this tired old thing...

It is bright, I don't know if the image will load, but after Inflation, there was 400 million years of darkness, before the stars started forming. Then it is bright from that point on.

You see, my first day (period of time) is 9.2 billion years, my 2nd day is from 4.5 billion years until the grasses and herb trees came forth at about 900 million years BC. so the 2nd day was 3.6 billion years, the 3rd day 100 million years, the fourth day was 300 million years then at about 500 million years BC the sea animals/creatures were created, that was the 5th day, from 500 BC to 250 BC.

Then the 6th day was from 250 million years BC to 6000 BC, and all the land animals came forth, and man was created 6000 years ago. Of course so will say that man has been around longer, no doubt, there is evidence of that, but man as an animal per se, and man as imparted with God's Spirit, is two very different things.

We both know the universe is not 6000 years old. We also know the odds are against us just coming from nothing, all the constants yell, it just ain't so.

When I am speaking to Christians who insist the universe 6000 years old, I really get frustrated. It is just evident this is not so. SIGH.

Facts are, we will never know the full truth.

What a load of twisted twaddle. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-07-2016, 09:59 PM
(25-07-2016 07:41 PM)Rondonmon Wrote:  We both know the universe is not 6000 years old. We also know the odds are against us just coming from nothing, all the constants yell, it just ain't so.

Actually the odds are, the conditions in this universe did cause "us" to happen. "Coming from" requires TIME, thus the statement is meaningless. You really need to learn about Chaos Theory. Google it. You don't know there was "nothing" before the Big Bang, (or what the conditions were). We don't know.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-07-2016, 06:14 AM
(25-07-2016 07:41 PM)Rondonmon Wrote:  You see, my first day (period of time) is 9.2 billion years, my 2nd day is from 4.5 billion years until the grasses and herb trees came forth at about 900 million years BC. so the 2nd day was 3.6 billion years, the 3rd day 100 million years, the fourth day was 300 million years then at about 500 million years BC the sea animals/creatures were created, that was the 5th day, from 500 BC to 250 BC.

You know that land life came later than sea life, right? Your mapping makes no sense because the story was written by people that had no understanding of what really happened. No matter how wildly you interpret 'day' the order is just wrong.

Is there a point to trying to map what happened to the days in the genesis myth? Why do you not also try to map reality to other creation stories?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
26-07-2016, 06:25 AM
(25-07-2016 07:41 PM)Rondonmon Wrote:  You see, my first day (period of time) is 9.2 billion years, my 2nd day is from 4.5 billion years until the grasses and herb trees came forth at about 900 million years BC. so the 2nd day was 3.6 billion years, the 3rd day 100 million years, the fourth day was 300 million years then at about 500 million years BC the sea animals/creatures were created, that was the 5th day, from 500 BC to 250 BC.

You have something to prove that? Peer-reviewed something not Bible or other "holy" book.

(25-07-2016 07:41 PM)Rondonmon Wrote:  We both know the universe is not 6000 years old.

Yes.

(25-07-2016 07:41 PM)Rondonmon Wrote:  We also know the odds are against us just coming from nothing, all the constants yell, it just ain't so.

No. It is you who think that odds are against such. I meanwhile recommend A Universe from Nothing: Why There Is Something Rather than Nothing by Lawrence Krauss.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
26-07-2016, 04:00 PM
(25-07-2016 07:41 PM)Rondonmon Wrote:  

Sorry, but that's just plain wrong. After inflation there's the "photon epoch", starting at about the 10 second mark and lasting for ~400,000 years. During this time the universe is filled with enough light that it takes 400,000 years for it to cool to a temperature slightly above the boiling point of iron. At that point neutral atoms can finally form and the light can escape from the white-hot plasma fog that it's been bound up in.

Before the photon epoch you have the lepton epoch from ~1 second to ~10 seconds when the energy denisties were so high that the light being produced was being converted into matter faster than the lepton-antilepton pairs could mutually anihilate back into photons. Light so bright that it solidified.

Quote:You see, my first day (period of time) is 9.2 billion years, my 2nd day is from 4.5 billion years until the grasses and herb trees came forth at about 900 million years BC. so the 2nd day was 3.6 billion years, the 3rd day 100 million years, the fourth day was 300 million years then at about 500 million years BC the sea animals/creatures were created, that was the 5th day, from 500 BC to 250 BC.

That some very bendy thinking to justify some very questionable passages in the first chapter of Genesis. Aside from the problem you seem to have with light, science simply doesn't agree with the order that Genesis describes. Grass is formed on day 3 but the sun doesn't get made until day 4? Somebody's out by a few billion years there. Birds come before reptiles? There's water before dry land? Sorry, no.

Quote:When I am speaking to Christians who insist the universe 6000 years old, I really get frustrated. It is just evident this is not so.

Well, you're half way there.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
26-07-2016, 04:14 PM
(25-07-2016 07:41 PM)Rondonmon Wrote:  We also know the odds are against us just coming from nothing, all the constants yell, it just ain't so.

Then where did god come from?

"They think, therefore I am" - god
[+] 1 user Likes TechnoMonkey's post
27-07-2016, 05:58 PM
(21-01-2016 09:52 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Hello all.
Some Theists claim the world was created in 6 days.
Most Atheists claim this is not possible based on Emperical Evidence.

I would like to debate the possibility that the current world can be created in 6 days.
I believe it can be.

I challenge anyone on these forums.

Lastly I personally don't know if God exists.

Yeah it COULD be; it's just that there is no solid evidence that it IS SO.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade