The Universe can be 6 days old

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2016, 09:03 AM
RE: The Universe can be 6 days old
(22-01-2016 08:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 08:15 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I intend to prove all evidence suggest that it is scientifically possible to create the universe in 6 days using only scientific principles.

I will prove that any catalyst that has the power to create the universe can create the current universe in 6 days.
The point of creation of the current universe being the singularity we call the big bang.
The catalyst will have created the world in exactly 6 days on the condition that no other thing except the catalyst existed before the singularity.
If anything I say is against our understanding of science I have lost the debate.

Do you accept the challenge?

Why don't you just present your argument? Consider
Don't we need a proper opponent before we can start the debate?
If not then I will begin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2016, 09:28 AM
(22-01-2016 09:03 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 08:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  Why don't you just present your argument? Consider
Don't we need a proper opponent before we can start the debate?

Aliza wasn't that already to you?

Though you said you wanted to not limit it to 1 person, that wouldn't make it anymore a debate of the whole proper system. That's why you were asked if you wanted to just move it out of the boxing ring into the Colosseum. The boxing ring is the proper 1 on 1 debate section, if its your desire to not limit it to 1 person, then it's not exactly going to be that.

You keep wavering on inconsistencies and contradictions here. In your phrasing of your statements and actions/desires you state of wanting to debate those ideas.(I'll grant you not really knowing the system/rule guides of what it is on this forum element but it's just more of the same patterns though)

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-01-2016, 09:38 AM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 5 users Like Commonsensei's post
22-01-2016, 09:46 AM
(22-01-2016 09:28 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 09:03 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Don't we need a proper opponent before we can start the debate?

He doesn't want to debate just me. I'm just not enough people for him.

The thread should be moved out of the boxing ring. Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
22-01-2016, 09:50 AM
(22-01-2016 09:28 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 09:03 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Don't we need a proper opponent before we can start the debate?

Though you said you wanted to not limit it to 1 person, that wouldn't make it anymore a debate of the whole proper system. That's why you were asked if you wanted to just move it out of the boxing ring into the Colosseum. The boxing ring is the proper 1 on 1 debate section, if its your desire to not limit it to 1 person, then it's not exactly going to be that.

You keep wavering on inconsistencies and contradictions here. In your phrasing of your statements and actions/desires you state of wanting to debate those ideas.(I'll grant you not really knowing the system/rule guides of what it is on this forum element but it's just more of the same patterns though)
My apologies I assumed we were supposed to do it in this order:
State topic of debate
Wait for challenger
Present your case when you are ready to start.

I saw many debates were being done this way so I assumed it was the proper way to do things here.

You are right however, it does not seem right that a person does not properly understand the question if they are being asked to debate it.
I will present my case in the next post.
22-01-2016, 10:10 AM
I'm real happy for you, and I'ma let you finish, but I'm pretty sure the universe was created a couple years ago by the Noodly Appendage of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

My claim is furthermore unfalsifiable, because His Noodly Appendage manipulates all possible test results as they are obtained.

Checkmate, non-Pastafarians.

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
22-01-2016, 10:18 AM
(22-01-2016 10:10 AM)cjlr Wrote:  I'm real happy for you, and I'ma let you finish, but I'm pretty sure the universe was created a couple years ago by the Noodly Appendage of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

My claim is furthermore unfalsifiable, because His Noodly Appendage manipulates all possible test results as they are obtained.

Checkmate, non-Pastafarians.

Since all these extraneous posts will be removed when the mods get a load of this "highly improper" (boxing ring) event, (snort), I will just add that the above post makes just as much sense, and is of equal importance as the debate question.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-01-2016, 11:32 AM
(22-01-2016 08:25 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I intend to prove all evidence suggest that it is scientifically possible to create the universe in 6 days using only scientific principles.

I will prove that any catalyst that has the power to create the universe can create the current universe in 6 days.
The point of creation of the current universe being the singularity we call the big bang.
The catalyst will have created the world in exactly 6 days on the condition that no other thing except the catalyst existed before the singularity.
If anything I say is against our understanding of science I have lost the debate.

Do you accept the challenge?

[Image: BRAINFART.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
22-01-2016, 11:40 AM
(22-01-2016 09:46 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 09:28 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Aliza wasn't that already to you?

He doesn't want to debate just me. I'm just not enough people for him.

Tongue I was 15 minutes ahead of you.

Girl_nails

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-01-2016, 11:43 AM
(22-01-2016 11:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 09:46 AM)Aliza Wrote:  He doesn't want to debate just me. I'm just not enough people for him.

Tongue I was 15 minutes ahead of you.

Girl_nails
It was & thank you.
Sorry for not presenting my case yet, today is very hectic. Will be home soon. Looking forward to hearing the responses.