The Universe is made of pocket watches... which are holograms.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2014, 04:10 PM
The Universe is made of pocket watches... which are holograms.
The common response to the universe being designed is 'what did you compare it to to know it was designed?' If you saw a pocket watch on the beach, you couldn't tell if it was designed because the beach, planet, and rest of the universe would be made of "pocket watches" too.

So when claims are made that the universe is a "hologram", 1. I have no idea what they mean, so can someone explain it clearly? 2. how would a non holographic universe look like? What can they compare it to?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2014, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 05:26 PM by sporehux.)
RE: The Universe is made of pocket watches... which are holograms.
(10-04-2014 04:10 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  The common response to the universe being designed is 'what did you compare it to to know it was designed?' If you saw a pocket watch on the beach, you couldn't tell if it was designed because the beach, planet, and rest of the universe would be made of "pocket watches" too.

So when claims are made that the universe is a "hologram", 1. I have no idea what they mean, so can someone explain it clearly? 2. how would a non holographic universe look like? What can they compare it to?

I tried to figure it out, but left more confused. it seems its a hypothesis to account for some paradoxes caused by existing theories on black holes.

eg: The universe is the flat composite (2D) image in a 3D movie theatre, we/us and our testing instruments exist in the 3D (hologram) projection.

to the lay person its just a cool term they seen on a news feed somewhere.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
10-04-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: The Universe is made of pocket watches... which are holograms.
I figured out my own law of perception. You can only see one dimension less than the dimension you are in. Humans and everything sees the universe in 2D but, we have the illusion of depth perception. We just see two 2d images at different angles, and noting can see something at every angle possible. If you are in the second dimension, you see line segments. In the first dimension, you don't see anything. In the forth dimension, you observe stuff in the 3rd dimension.

Also, I figured out another law. Every object is made up of figures from the last dimension. A 8 cell is made of 8 cubes. A cube is made of 6 squares. A square is made up of 4 line segments. A line segment is made of two points.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post