Poll: Did watching this video change your opinion about Trump?
Yes
No
Other (explain in a post)
[Show Results]

The Untruth About Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2016, 01:50 PM
RE: The Untruth About Donald Trump
(27-02-2016 12:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-02-2016 11:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  Molyneux? That anarchist guy Lumi had a hard-on for? Laughat How the mighty have fallen.
Nice ad hominem. You're a real critical thinker, aren't you? Laugh out load

Where? He's merely pointing out a couple truths about those two men. Those are just actual elements of the people.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
27-02-2016, 02:12 PM
The Untruth About Donald Trump
I will watch this later but for now could someone give a synopsis of it?
27-02-2016, 02:53 PM
(27-02-2016 01:50 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Where? He's merely pointing out a couple truths about those two men. Those are just actual elements of the people.
He's not dismissing the video because there's something wrong with the arguments presented in it, but because of who made it. That's a textbook example of an ad hominem if I've ever seen one. I bet he hasn't even bothered to watch it. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
27-02-2016, 06:05 PM
So this is relevant Drinking Beverage
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/...rters.html

I've watched about half of that video, and haven't seen anything I'd consider "libelous" yet. Just a bunch of quotes from media outlets making clickbait headlines, conspiracy theories, subjective extrapolations of things Trump said, and ad-hominem attacks.

[Image: Trump-Climate-Change-China.jpg]
Wait, what was that about libel, again?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
27-02-2016, 07:36 PM
(27-02-2016 02:53 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-02-2016 01:50 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Where? He's merely pointing out a couple truths about those two men. Those are just actual elements of the people.
He's not dismissing the video because there's something wrong with the arguments presented in it, but because of who made it. That's a textbook example of an ad hominem if I've ever seen one. I bet he hasn't even bothered to watch it. Drinking Beverage

How would you feel if I posted a video by Ken Ham in support of my favoured position on politics? 'Cos that's how I feel about Molyneux. He's a crank. You citing him is embarrassing for you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
27-02-2016, 08:19 PM
(27-02-2016 07:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  How would you feel if I posted a video by Ken Ham in support of my favoured position on politics? 'Cos that's how I feel about Molyneux. He's a crank. You citing him is embarrassing for you.
I posted this video of Ken Ham debating another Creationist about the age of the Earth many years ago. You've shown that you're the type of person who would immediately dismiss the arguments from both sides without even having listened to them on the basis of who they are. I did listen and the guy who was opposing Ken Ham in the debate made solid scientific arguments for why the Earth cannot be 6,000 years old even though he was a Creationist himself. I get that you don't have the mental capacity to evaluate the validity of an argument independently of who presents it and that's fine with me, but then you should at least be honest about it and admit that you're not an intelligent or critical thinker.

27-02-2016, 08:24 PM
(27-02-2016 08:19 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-02-2016 07:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  How would you feel if I posted a video by Ken Ham in support of my favoured position on politics? 'Cos that's how I feel about Molyneux. He's a crank. You citing him is embarrassing for you.
I posted this video of Ken Ham debating another Creationist about the age of the Earth many years ago. You've shown that you're the type of person who would immediately dismiss the arguments from both sides without even having listened to them on the basis of who they are. I did listen and the guy who was opposing Ken Ham in the debate made solid scientific arguments for why the Earth cannot be 6,000 years old even though he was a Creationist himself. I get that you don't have the mental capacity to evaluate the validity of an argument independently of who presents it and that's fine with me, but then you should at least be honest about it and admit that you're not an intelligent or critical thinker.

I don't think the idiot canine has demonstrated that at all. What' got your Lederhosen in a bunch, Vosur?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Wait wait wait wait, back the crazy train up a sec I gotta sort something out.
Vosur, do you actually support Trump? Like, would you like to see him as the US President over someone like Sanders?

I thought you just wanted him to win for the lols and the $1000. I didn't think you actually supported him and his policies.

[Image: oscar.png]
27-02-2016, 08:40 PM
(27-02-2016 08:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-02-2016 08:19 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I posted this video of Ken Ham debating another Creationist about the age of the Earth many years ago. You've shown that you're the type of person who would immediately dismiss the arguments from both sides without even having listened to them on the basis of who they are. I did listen and the guy who was opposing Ken Ham in the debate made solid scientific arguments for why the Earth cannot be 6,000 years old even though he was a Creationist himself. I get that you don't have the mental capacity to evaluate the validity of an argument independently of who presents it and that's fine with me, but then you should at least be honest about it and admit that you're not an intelligent or critical thinker.

I don't think the idiot canine has demonstrated that at all. What' got your Lederhosen in a bunch, Vosur?
What gets my Lederhosen in a bunch is when people dismiss an argument based on who makes it, without even bothering to listen to it. That sort of arrogance, dishonesty and intellectual laziness goes against everything that we as atheists, freethinkers and proponents of science and the scientific method stand for. I don't accept that kind of behavior from theists and I sure as hell don't accept it from atheists. He's not the first one to display it here either; I reacted the same way to Bucky Ball earlier this year when he dismissed the entire academic field of Biblical scholarship for laughable reasons.

27-02-2016, 08:44 PM
(27-02-2016 08:40 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-02-2016 08:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't think the idiot canine has demonstrated that at all. What' got your Lederhosen in a bunch, Vosur?
What gets my Lederhosen in a bunch is when people dismiss an argument based on who makes it, without even bothering to listen to it. That sort of arrogance, dishonesty and intellectual laziness goes against everything that we as atheists, freethinkers and proponents of science and the scientific method stand for. I don't accept that kind of behavior from theists and I sure as hell don't accept it from atheists. He's not the first one to display it here either; I reacted the same way to Bucky Ball earlier this year when he dismissed the entire academic field of Biblical scholarship for laughable reasons.

What gets my 'lederhosen' is a bunch is when people defend someone (Trump in this case) simply because it goes against the grain and no based on small things like facts. Is that what is happening here?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post