Poll: Did watching this video change your opinion about Trump?
Yes
No
Other (explain in a post)
[Show Results]

The Untruth About Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2016, 05:10 AM
RE: The Untruth About Donald Trump
(27-02-2016 08:40 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-02-2016 08:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't think the idiot canine has demonstrated that at all. What' got your Lederhosen in a bunch, Vosur?
What gets my Lederhosen in a bunch is when people dismiss an argument based on who makes it, without even bothering to listen to it. That sort of arrogance, dishonesty and intellectual laziness goes against everything that we as atheists, freethinkers and proponents of science and the scientific method stand for. I don't accept that kind of behavior from theists and I sure as hell don't accept it from atheists. He's not the first one to display it here either; I reacted the same way to Bucky Ball earlier this year when he dismissed the entire academic field of Biblical scholarship for laughable reasons.

I'm so *very* sorry I offended you Rolleyes Please consider yourself president of the USA until further notice, as an apology.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-02-2016, 05:32 AM
By the way Vos, for a guy who likes to accuse other people of ad-hominems...

(27-02-2016 12:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Nice ad hominem. You're a real critical thinker, aren't you? Laugh out load

(27-02-2016 08:19 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I get that you don't have the mental capacity to evaluate the validity of an argument independently of who presents it and that's fine with me, but then you should at least be honest about it and admit that you're not an intelligent or critical thinker.

Fuck you Smile You're a nice boy but you're a twit.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-02-2016, 07:09 AM
(28-02-2016 05:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  By the way Vos, for a guy who likes to accuse other people of ad-hominems...

(27-02-2016 12:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Nice ad hominem. You're a real critical thinker, aren't you? Laugh out load

(27-02-2016 08:19 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I get that you don't have the mental capacity to evaluate the validity of an argument independently of who presents it and that's fine with me, but then you should at least be honest about it and admit that you're not an intelligent or critical thinker.

If you're saying that the content within the second quote is an ad hom, you're wrong in doing so. There is more content in his post from which that quote takes from - and it definitely does address the content of the post it itself is aimed at.

An ad hominem is character assassination at the omission of rebuttal. His appraisal of your character was a conclusion following a rebuttal of your questions rhetorical purpose, thus not an ad hom.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
28-02-2016, 07:18 AM
(28-02-2016 07:09 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 05:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  By the way Vos, for a guy who likes to accuse other people of ad-hominems...

If you're saying that the content within the second quote is an ad hom, you're wrong in doing so. There is more content in his post from which that quote takes from - and it definitely does address the content of the post it itself is aimed at.

An ad hominem is character assassination at the omission of rebuttal. His appraisal of your character was a conclusion following a rebuttal of your questions rhetorical purpose, thus not an ad hom.

No, an ad hominem may be an element of a larger argument; it need not stand alone.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-02-2016, 07:26 AM

If a 3 year old girl looks at you and says: "I am going to kill you", I doubt that you will panic.

If an armed 25 year old looks at you and says: "I am going to kill you" , I think you'll be shaking in your boots.

Who says something can be more important than any other factor.

Trump is emotionally totally unstable. No matter what he says, he is not suitable for a presidency.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
28-02-2016, 07:27 AM
(27-02-2016 08:56 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I have no doubts that Bernie has good intentions, but with a Republican majority in both the House and the Senate, he would never ever be able to make the changes he has promised to make. By process of elimination, that leaves Trump as the only person who can enact actual positive change for the people in the US.

Not all change is equal, so there is that.

I think that using the criteria of who has the majority in the Senate and House to decide whom to vote for regardless of what that candidate’s agenda might be is short-sighted.

I also have to point out that what you might regard as positive others might not.

I first voted for POTUS in 1980 and I can unequivocally say that in all these intervening years and elections the only candidate running for the office that I felt was even less qualified than Trump to hold the office was Sarah Palin and that is saying something.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
28-02-2016, 07:30 AM
(28-02-2016 07:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  Trump is emotionally totally unstable. No matter what he says, he is not suitable for a presidency.

I would ammend that to read, “especially because of what he says”.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
28-02-2016, 07:34 AM
Before watching the video my opinion of Trump was that he is a childish, narcissistic bully with no ideals other than his own aggrandizement, a simplistic understanding of the complexity of the issues and no workable paths to resolving any of the problems facing the US and the world today.

After watching the video I see that he may actually be deliberately manipulative in order to feed his megalomania. He has zero qualifications for the office and shows no characteristics that imply that he could represent the US on the world stage as anything but a pathetic joke. Bush Jr was an embarrassment but nothing compared to what Trump would be.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post
28-02-2016, 07:40 AM
Straight from the Donald:

What Trump has said regarding, well, just about everything.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm

28-02-2016, 07:41 AM
(28-02-2016 07:27 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(27-02-2016 08:56 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I have no doubts that Bernie has good intentions, but with a Republican majority in both the House and the Senate, he would never ever be able to make the changes he has promised to make. By process of elimination, that leaves Trump as the only person who can enact actual positive change for the people in the US.

I also have to point out that what you might regard as positive others might not.

I see very little in the agendas of the congressional republicans that I would consider to be a positive change. A complete gridlock might very well be a much better situation than letting them make the kinds of changes they want to make with regard to healthcare, abortion, immigration, civil rights, etc.

Quote:I first voted for POTUS in 1980 and I can unequivocally say that in all these intervening years and elections the only candidate running for the office that I felt was even less qualified than Trump to hold the office was Sarah Palin and that is saying something.

I would have a hard time deciding which would be worse.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post