Poll: Did watching this video change your opinion about Trump?
Yes
No
Other (explain in a post)
[Show Results]

The Untruth About Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2016, 06:02 PM
RE: The Untruth About Donald Trump
(28-02-2016 05:58 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 05:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your reply contradicts that.

In your post, I recognise that Aand B are people. In my post they aren't. I do agree with your construction, btw.

Edit: not people, I meant.

Edit2: and that in mine they ARE. lol.

What? In my post, A and B are statements, not people.

In your post, you explicitly wrote "person A" and "person B".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2016, 11:43 PM
(28-02-2016 12:25 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Yeah, I can see your point, but that second option is not much better. How is morondog ever going to have his views challenged if he refuses to listen to his ideological opponents? Tongue

What irritates me is people posting long videos and announcing that no one can disagree with them *or* comment unless they have watched the video.

What also irritates me is some guy on the basis of my comments telling me that I'm dishonest and throwing a few insults my way as well.

The concept of "ad hominem" while a definite category of fallacy has also been a total gift to debaters everywhere because as soon as someone says anything negative about their cited source they scream 'ad hom'.

Molyneux is *not* a good source. This is my opinion. To my great regret I *have* previously watched some of his anarchy crap, at Luminon's insistence. If you want a link to the thread, I can provide it. Read that and come back and tell me that it's unreasonable for me to think he's a crank.

An example of a good source would be e.g. a major media outlet. I will happily read articles. I hate watching videos for any of this stuff. It takes too long. Life is short. I won't waste my time doing things that bore me, and watching a conceited twit like Molyneux rambling on falls into that category. If you seriously want to cite the video, which is long, why not say something like "Trump has been the subject of a smear campaign, as evidence, here's a video made by the eminent social commentator Stephen Molyneux. In reality Trump never said all the nasty things that have been attributed to him and in fact runs a charity for rehabilitating abused bunny rabbits."

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
29-02-2016, 06:37 AM
(27-02-2016 09:32 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Do you think that Trump is the second coming of Hitler? Do you have an hour to spare? Then watch this video and see if your views remain unchanged at the end of it. Smartass

I'm not a big fan of Molyneux, but his game is really on point here.

I assume that Hitler also had apologists explaining how it was that he didn't want to kill all the Jews, just the trouble makers.
This dude, whom I had never heard of before makes some valid points. Trump didn't call all Mexicans rapists, just, to use his words: a subset of the illegal ones. Now how does he prove that there are rapists among them? By quoting others that as many 80 per cent of Central American women passing thru Mexico get raped. Not by referencing statistics as to how many rapists charged within the USA are illegal Mexicans. He is doing exactly as he notes that the media does with Trump's statements.
How about those thousands of Muslims in New Jersey that Trump saw celebrating on TV? He explains that away by quoting a New Jersey policeman, no videos to show as proof. Only the words of one Jew Jersey cop! If there were such videos are they no longer in existence? It would seem that if they were an investigative journalist such as he would be able to find them.
Another remark about the Mexicans is Trump talks about the Mexicans are sending these people, as if there is a lottery in Mexico and someone picks the lucky winners out of a pool of rapists and drug dealers and sends them north.
Of course the press distorts what the nut is saying. I saw a lot of that during the Vietnam war when I was a proud protester. I met Abby Hoffman as well as Alan Ginsburg. I rode an over night train with Alan and we shared a bottle of Southern Comfort as we passed thru the night. In Cincinnati we were marching and a girl near me had a micro skirt on. A skirt so short that when she sat down the skirt was still standing as we said at the time. We marched past a cop car stuck in traffic and the cop driving it called her a slut and told her her legs should be covered. "We'll start with this." he said as he spat tobacco juice on her thigh. The car was in a position where he couldn't leave and we surrounded his car and half a hundred of us spat on his car. The press reported that we trashed the police car. One report even said there was "irreparable damage" to the car. So yes I am aware of how the press exaggerates things, but am saying that this skin head is in the same category.
I have finished about 48 minutes of skin head's video and will return to watch the rest of it.
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
29-02-2016, 06:41 AM
(27-02-2016 09:56 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Who is the person that voted "No"? I made this thread less than 30 minutes ago, so you couldn't have watched the whole video.

Raise your hand whoever voted no and we'll have you dragged outside and beaten severely for being against what he said without wasting a whole hour listening to the apologist for Hitler! Maybe we can even arrange for Trump himself to punch you in the face. I haven't gotten far enuff in the video to see how Mr Skinhead explains that!
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
29-02-2016, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 29-02-2016 07:20 AM by Vosur.)
(28-02-2016 11:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  An example of a good source would be e.g. a major media outlet. I will happily read articles. I hate watching videos for any of this stuff. It takes too long. Life is short. I won't waste my time doing things that bore me, and watching a conceited twit like Molyneux rambling on falls into that category. If you seriously want to cite the video, which is long, why not say something like "Trump has been the subject of a smear campaign, as evidence, here's a video made by the eminent social commentator Stephen Molyneux. In reality Trump never said all the nasty things that have been attributed to him and in fact runs a charity for rehabilitating abused bunny rabbits."
Are you joking? The whole point of the video is to show that the major media outlets, as a matter of indisputable fact, constantly lie about and misrepresent Trump's statements. DerFish mentioned a good example in one of his posts. Trump once said that a subset of illegal immigrants are murderers and rapists, which is true. Yet what did several major media outlets report his statement as? That he was talking about immigrants as a whole, and not just a subset of them, but all of them. You still wanna say that major media outlets are a good source? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-02-2016, 07:17 AM
(29-02-2016 06:41 AM)DerFish Wrote:  Raise your hand whoever voted no and we'll have you dragged outside and beaten severely for being against what he said without wasting a whole hour listening to the apologist for Hitler! Maybe we can even arrange for Trump himself to punch you in the face. I haven't gotten far enuff in the video to see how Mr Skinhead explains that!
I don't think the childish hyperbole is helping your case. Why is it that liberals have such a hard time to have a political discussion without comparing their opponent to Hitler? I've probably seen it happen half a dozen times here just in the past few weeks.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-02-2016, 07:22 AM
(29-02-2016 07:15 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 11:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  An example of a good source would be e.g. a major media outlet. I will happily read articles. I hate watching videos for any of this stuff. It takes too long. Life is short. I won't waste my time doing things that bore me, and watching a conceited twit like Molyneux rambling on falls into that category. If you seriously want to cite the video, which is long, why not say something like "Trump has been the subject of a smear campaign, as evidence, here's a video made by the eminent social commentator Stephen Molyneux. In reality Trump never said all the nasty things that have been attributed to him and in fact runs a charity for rehabilitating abused bunny rabbits."
Are you joking? The whole point of the video is to show that the major media outlets, as a matter of indisputable fact, constantly lie about and misrepresent Trump's statements. DerFish mentioned a good example in one of his posts. Trump once said that a subset of illegal immigrants are murderers and rapists, which is true. Yet what did several major media outlets report his statement as? That he was talking about immigrants as a whole, and not just a subset of them, but all of them. You still wanna say that major media outlets are a good source? Consider

Except for the fact that I see Trump and hear Trump without a filter and he sounds exactly like the media present him - a buffoon.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
29-02-2016, 07:26 AM
(29-02-2016 07:17 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 06:41 AM)DerFish Wrote:  Raise your hand whoever voted no and we'll have you dragged outside and beaten severely for being against what he said without wasting a whole hour listening to the apologist for Hitler! Maybe we can even arrange for Trump himself to punch you in the face. I haven't gotten far enuff in the video to see how Mr Skinhead explains that!
I don't think the childish hyperbole is helping your case. Why is it that liberals have such a hard time to have a political discussion without comparing their opponent to Hitler? I've probably seen it happen half a dozen times here just in the past few weeks.

83 years late.

[Image: ff328c824a578ff371dd2efffd696add.jpg]

[Image: 51931220-tumblr_lvu1azRnSb1r6rm07o1_1280.jpg]

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-02-2016, 08:57 AM
(29-02-2016 07:15 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Are you joking? The whole point of the video is to show that the major media outlets, as a matter of indisputable fact, constantly lie about and misrepresent Trump's statements. DerFish mentioned a good example in one of his posts. Trump once said that a subset of illegal immigrants are murderers and rapists, which is true. Yet what did several major media outlets report his statement as? That he was talking about immigrants as a whole, and not just a subset of them, but all of them. You still wanna say that major media outlets are a good source? Consider

If it is a matter of indisputable fact, was Trump correct that "thousands of Muslims celebrated in New Jersey when the towers came down"? Or was he misquoted, or what?

Would you say that it is correct that a subset of *any* population is comprised of murderers and rapists? What would be the point of saying that, unless it was to spread FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) about that population?

Trump said these things. Whether you can weasel and legalise your way around them or not, taken at face value, they clearly indicate a man whom I would trust with a letter opener. Never mind the keys to the kingdom.

I consider major media outlets a *far* more ethical and reliable source for news than some dolt from who knows where (Molyneux) making videos for youtube.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-02-2016, 09:37 AM