The Valentine's Day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2013, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 03:34 AM by Bucky Ball.)
The Valentine's Day thread
Groucho Marx
Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.
Mickey Rooney
Get married early in the morning. That way, if it doesn't work out, you haven't wasted a whole day.
Rita Rudner
I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
Tracy Smith
I wanted to make it really special on Valentine's Day, so I tied my boyfriend up. And for three solid hours I watched whatever I wanted on TV.
Plato
Love is a grave mental disease.
Phyllis Diller
Never go to bed mad -- stay up and fight.
Oscar Wilde
One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.
Rosanne Barr
Women are cursed, and men are the proof.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-02-2013, 02:35 AM
RE: The Valentine's Day thread
While I get the disdain for the commercial aspect of vdsyi find it silly the cynicism with the the meaning behind it..what is wrong with a day set aside for showing your affection to the one person who you devote your emotions. I love vday.. Yes we should strive to let them know more often than a silly day..but who doesn't love to be reminded u are special to the one u love the most

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 2 users Like k37713's post
14-02-2013, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 04:07 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(14-02-2013 02:35 AM)k37713 Wrote:  While I get the disdain for the commercial aspect of vdsyi find it silly the cynicism with the the meaning behind it..what is wrong with a day set aside for showing your affection to the one person who you devote your emotions. I love vday.. Yes we should strive to let them know more often than a silly day..but who doesn't love to be reminded u are special to the one u love the most
It's a joke thread. I think it's also the second or third largest commercially oriented sales "day" (??) after Halloween and Xmas.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

14-02-2013, 04:02 AM
On one hand I think its kinda cool that we have valentines day... on the flip side I also think its sad that we need a day/a reminder to show our love.

Im just bitter, I stopped getting valentines day cards when I left school Weeping

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
14-02-2013, 05:36 AM
(14-02-2013 04:02 AM)bemore Wrote:  On one hand I think its kinda cool that we have valentines day... on the flip side I also think its sad that we need a day/a reminder to show our love.

Im just bitter, I stopped getting valentines day cards when I left school Weeping
At least you got some in grade school, from someone other than your mom. Weeping

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-02-2013, 06:48 AM
V-day is a toss-up for me. On the one hand, it gives me a chance to spoil the more significant women in my life; which of course leads to extensive reward. But on the other hand, it makes me miss the feeling of actually being in love. And really, I do miss it if I think about it for long enough. It was nice.

That's why every V-day, I eat a big bowl of spicy hot-wings and wash it down with a box of roofing nails to simulate the long-term experience.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Misanthropik's post
14-02-2013, 06:57 AM
Well, Happy Valentine's Day everybody! Heart Hug

My celebration of the event is now complete.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

Ordained Dudeist Priest at Dudeism, the Church of the Latter-Day Dude
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
14-02-2013, 07:26 AM
It's not about cynicism, it's about shoving a saccharine, pointless celebration of fakeness down everybody's throat.

And yeah, it's kinda on the revolting side, because it turns something (arguably) beautiful (that is, love) into a treacly caricature of itself.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
14-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Enjoy your V.D. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-02-2013, 08:02 AM
(14-02-2013 07:26 AM)Vera Wrote:  It's not about cynicism, it's about shoving a saccharine, pointless celebration of fakeness down everybody's throat.

And yeah, it's kinda on the revolting side, because it turns something (arguably) beautiful (that is, love) into a treacly caricature of itself.

ugh... just ugh

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 1 user Likes k37713's post