The Valentine's Day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: The Valentine's Day thread
(14-02-2013 04:54 PM)k37713 Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 04:47 PM)Vera Wrote:  They're more than tasty. (and I actually have a couple in the house right now. Cool ) Ferrero has some great stuff.

[Image: Raffaello2.jpg]

(Tastes much better than it looks in this picture.)

on the list for tonight's chic flick ( more than likely star trek ) --- ferrero (cheap heart shaped boxed candies Mike probly will pick up at Walgreens) and margaritas ( red wine actually ) -- I'm gonna get stoned (really ) first so I have a good appetite Smile
Sounds like an awesome night to me! (well...except for the stoned part, thats not my thing)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2013, 05:49 PM
(14-02-2013 04:57 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 04:54 PM)k37713 Wrote:  on the list for tonight's chic flick ( more than likely star trek ) --- ferrero (cheap heart shaped boxed candies Mike probly will pick up at Walgreens) and margaritas ( red wine actually ) -- I'm gonna get stoned (really ) first so I have a good appetite Smile
Sounds like an awesome night to me! (well...except for the stoned part, thats not my thing)
ah yes a nice thurs indeed Smile

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
15-02-2013, 01:01 AM
(14-02-2013 04:11 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 04:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I never know when Vera is just dicking around and when she's being serious. ... She kinda sorta scares the shit outta me. [Image: Cowering.gif]
Well, Girly, I don't much care for chocolate Angel

I'm not sure you know what real chocolate is. Tongue

[Image: Chipotle_387x342px.png]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-02-2013, 03:02 AM
(15-02-2013 01:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm not sure you know what real chocolate is. Tongue

[Image: Chipotle_387x342px.png]
I'm sure I don't. I have, however, tried this, and it was very good:

[Image: chili.png]

Lindt is another great brand. It's no Côte d'Or (if I have to eat chocolate, it might as well be Belgian. I hate to settle Angel ), but it's rather good.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
15-02-2013, 03:34 AM
Whatever the gene is, that releases endorphins with chocolate (ingestion), I must be missing. It does nothing for me. I may as well eat paper. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
15-02-2013, 04:08 AM
(15-02-2013 03:34 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Whatever the gene is, that releases endorphins with chocolate (ingestion), I must be missing. It does nothing for me. I may as well eat paper. Weeping
It is particularly strong in women, so that would be understandable. For guys, it's just chocolate. For women, it's an almost sexual experience.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
15-02-2013, 04:42 AM
(15-02-2013 03:34 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Whatever the gene is, that releases endorphins with chocolate (ingestion), I must be missing. It does nothing for me. I may as well eat paper. Weeping
How right you are, Bucky. The idea that chocolate (or any food, for that matter) makes you happy is a whole lot of hooey. Only thing food does is make you not hungry.

Now booze, on the other hand... but even booze doesn't make you happy, just lights up a big "Screw everything" sign in your brain. If you're happy when you drink, you get happier, if you're miserable - you start weeping into your glass. And if you're a violent bastard, you start punching people.

15-02-2013, 05:53 AM
(15-02-2013 04:42 AM)Vera Wrote:  
How right you are, Bucky. The idea that chocolate (or any food, for that matter) makes you happy is a whole lot of hooey. Only thing food does is make you not hungry.

Now booze, on the other hand... but even booze doesn't make you happy, just lights up a big "Screw everything" sign in your brain. If you're happy when you drink, you get happier, if you're miserable - you start weeping into your glass. And if you're a violent bastard, you start punching people.

I think I'm allergic to the organic esters that alchohol metabolism produces, or just not used to them. It could be the ingredients, but brandy makes me quite ill, and cheap whiskey also. I can "do" Kahlua and hot buttered rums ok.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
15-02-2013, 06:15 AM
[Image: hB65578A1]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-02-2013, 06:40 AM
(15-02-2013 05:53 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I think I'm allergic to the organic esters that alchohol metabolism produces, or just not used to them. It could be the ingredients, but brandy makes me quite ill, and cheap whiskey also. I can "do" Kahlua and hot buttered rums ok.
You should never drink cheap booze. The cheap part causes more problems than the booze one. I can't drink straight alcohol, which is why I've learnt how to make great cocktails.

Also - rum is the best! Ever. Love rum! (Also, I really want to have a drink, haven't had one in ages, damn my book... but come Sunday or Monday...)