The Value of Nice
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 02:46 PM
RE: The Value of Nice
(04-02-2014 06:23 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 10:24 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Nice double negative there.

Do you think nice people have to take shit? True they will go the extra mile more than most but maybe not so far that they allow abuse.

I don't think all nice people have to take shit. In fact most of them probably don't. I suppose there are different levels of "niceness" and like anything else, too much of a good thing.......can be harmful.

A friend of mine, a compulsive gambler and con-man, can spot a nice person a mile away. He has robbed from family and friends. I helped some of our nicer friends get their money back. But they always see the good in him, believe his next sob story and get conned again. Or another friend, a really nice girl who sees good in everybody including her abusive husband.

Like I said, I'm a nice guy, but I'm no human carpet and I don't get walked over.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 03:22 PM
(04-02-2014 10:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 08:05 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'm not nice. I hate people way too much to be nice. And I really am serious. There are, of course, individuals that I like to varying degrees, but people in general...bah....I just can't stand them.

But then, I am also of the opinion that Homo sapiens is a failed species. So there's that.

Except homo sapiens invented barbecue. So there's that in our favor.Consider

You got me there.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
04-02-2014, 09:18 PM
(03-02-2014 03:09 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I'm a nice guy, so I've had my share of being walked on. I've also seen plenty of my friends go through the same thing.

Through my vast experience as a human carpet, I've noticed several trends. Nice people (guys and girls) get walked on, because they let it happen. This one seems like a no brainer, but to the millions of niceys out there, it seems to be the elusive truth. You see, nice people don't think like mean people. We are optimists, we force ourselves to see the best in people. We won't let the blaring obviousness that we are being played take root in our brain. To do so would undermine our entire way of thinking.

The entire life of someone who falls into this category is bound to be riddled with pain and deceit. Though, it seems no matter what happens, we always seem to come back for more. Always clinging to that hope that the next person will be different, or that people will change. This, of course, is the irrationality that keeps us from being jaded.

Though we wear our hearts on our sleeve, and tend to get them broken more often than others, the damage never really pierces all the way through. Because we can love so easily, because we can forgive so readily, we can be nice to those that don't deserve it.

Never make the mistake that niceness equals weakness. You'll never find someone of stronger character than someone who can forgive. Never will you find someone stronger than one who can take the beating, stand back up and with a smile on their face say, "thank you sir, may I have another". Physical wounds heal all by themselves. Mental and emotional wounds don't heal on their own, and it takes a strong person to mend them.

All in all, I'm happy to be a nice guy. And if you're my friend, I would do anything to help you. No matter the cost to me, I will be there till I have nothing left to give.
I dunno. I'm a nice guy too. Unless someone try's to take what's mine. My parents are the type of people who likes to "turn the other cheek" and they get fucked every time. There's always some asshole looking to take advantage! They have nothing and they will have nothing but hey, their rewards await them in the kingdom of heaven(or so they believe). I won't live like that!
If you are my friend I will also do everything I can for you but if you use me then you are not my friend an you can go fuck's that simple.
04-02-2014, 09:39 PM
I know some people who are simply nice to be around, and I know some who are going to be nice to the bitter end. You know who you are.

If you are the "nice to the bitter end" person then you are not a genuinely nice person; you are a passive person, and more likely a passive- aggressive person. Furthermore, you are victimizing yourself and setting up others up to victimize you.

Practice, practice, practice assertiveness and let your true self grow into something more substantial than nice.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles