The Vampire Diaries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2014, 11:25 AM
The Vampire Diaries
Ya know the Gwynnie thing, right? It turned 14 recently. Which is totally fitting, being a teenage girl in a man's body. Once we get past the foundation, as it were; it is a well-written, well-acted, and beautifully imagined piece of contemporary drama.

And they're all so adorable!

Ahem, beautifully imagined to your friendly neighborhood prophet. Nowhere else I have seen the imaginary line between man and god than in Damon, who turns off his humanity and gets the job done. And to a girl like me, Stephan, who is as loyal and good as a man can be, and is also the ripper.

But vampires, they're not human; for them to be human is for us to be bovine. Yet we empathize for the cow, we can hold life sacred - lest until must needs be human. Not that vampires are gods, but rather, we, as humans, are programmed to classify the divine.

Pop quiz: ya ever apologize?

Why would you do that, if I was not already some kind of imagined moral paradigm programmed by we to deal with you. How easy it is to go from I am sorry to you - not being sorry. 'cause I hafta survive. Damon.

Alright, they're twenty-year-old heirs whose emotional maturity stops, and they just go for a while until they're perpetual teens rocking a modern high school. I can totally see that happening. We mature, from child to kid to man; the Salvatores perpetual kids a step back from being men. As a plot device it's more plausible than the nightly news.

And they're adorable! That Caroline chick is like Gwynnie-vamp, her besties are brothers who ask questions frequently proceeded by torture, and we love them. And your prophet asks why?

tlBig Grinr this show clearly illustrates the chemical context of morality. We can watch it together and I'll prove it. Big Grin

PS. I was entertained. I haven't been entertaining you cats because mostly I'm sitting here sucking down the Mike's and the Mota. And I haven't been trying to do that lately. Partly because I've said everything and I'm not a fan of repeating myself. A little bit because religion is boring now, y'all get enough Gwynnies gospel, and people named Jeremy make me wanna reach in through the monitor and bounce a head off of the other side.

Which goes to the original point.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2014, 11:46 AM
RE: The Vampire Diaries
General question to whomsoever might be reading this...

Would my level of non-comprehension of the OP be any different if I knew anything about the show he'd been watching?

Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
03-06-2014, 11:58 AM
(03-06-2014 11:46 AM)DLJ Wrote:  General question to whomsoever might be reading this...

Would my level of non-comprehension of the OP be any different if I knew anything about the show he'd been watching?

Drinking Beverage

Probably not.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-06-2014, 12:59 PM
(03-06-2014 11:58 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 11:46 AM)DLJ Wrote:  General question to whomsoever might be reading this...

Drinking Beverage

Probably not.

Well, there's visual aids...

[Image: 1398597_502249953207513_1246827817_o.jpg]

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Oh great prophet, I have a confession to make...I lost interest in Vampire Diaries...Weeping

I lost my faith and even stopped recording it to watch later...it got boring. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
03-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Dodgy Well, at least it is not twilight or true blood.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube