The Venus Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2012, 11:34 PM
The Venus Project

This is interesting, definitely something we should all consider.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: The Venus Project
Oh no, not another Zeigeist!
28-05-2012, 09:12 PM
(28-05-2012 03:50 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  Oh no, not another Zeigeist!
I don't think it has as much to do with Zeitgeist so much as it has to do with an alternative to our economic system. Smile

Sure it does kind of brush up the same on what Zeitgeist details. But really it's mainly about a new system of economy based on the resources we have. I thought it was interesting to say the list. Undecided
30-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Ahh my bad.

I agree that the idea of computers is pretty cool. I'm one to urge caution as far as a hyperlinkedup super computer goes though. I'm afraid I don't have the understanding of computers to trust them.
31-05-2012, 12:08 AM
(30-05-2012 07:07 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  Ahh my bad.

I agree that the idea of computers is pretty cool. I'm one to urge caution as far as a hyperlinkedup super computer goes though. I'm afraid I don't have the understanding of computers to trust them.
I know enough about computers to understand how a virus works >.> so it's still not such a 'great' idea to have all the computers linked up. But I was thinking about the 'resource based' economy mostly. The monetary system we have now does fail people, sometimes it's only a small group of people and sometimes we have an entire economic collapse. Although a resource based economy might not work, it is definitely something to ponder on. Perhaps we could have blending of the two? The computers thing mainly comes from the fact that if such an economy would exist, the science department would practically have free reign to everything it didn't have access to before.

Which is a pretty good idea to me, if our species wants to survive as a intellectual species, we simply must be ready to embrace science.
31-05-2012, 12:11 AM
I'm pretty sure the Nazis used the name Venus Project as a cover name to pretend they killed 6 million Jews.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
31-05-2012, 12:21 AM
(31-05-2012 12:11 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm pretty sure the Nazis used the name Venus Project as a cover name to pretend they killed 6 million Jews.
Bazinga!

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
31-05-2012, 01:08 AM
That, to me, seems more like a throw back to the past of the height of Chinese history. Think about how early and how much further they were advanced beyond the rest of the world. What happened in the long run?
See here: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/civilization-wes...8cReBpZ6ww
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user