RE: The Veridican Gospel
Troll much?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
29-12-2014, 08:04 PM
(29-12-2014 12:55 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Why would you feel the need to attack it like that? Why are you so threatened by the existence of the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ that you have to go and make a whole new post about it for no other reason than to gather a bunch of atheists together with you and laugh at it. That shows a real insecurity.

If anyone is interested, the preface has been published online and can be found at the official Veridican website. http://veridican.com

[Image: takeabow.gif]

It is truly sad that you actually think anyone here is threatened by your laughably demented drivel. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2014, 08:07 PM
(29-12-2014 12:55 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Why would you feel the need to attack it like that? Why are you so threatened by the existence of the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ that you have to go and make a whole new post about it for no other reason than to gather a bunch of atheists together with you and laugh at it. That shows a real insecurity.

If anyone is interested, the preface has been published online and can be found at the official Veridican website. http://veridican.com

So, you can publish the preface online but not the book?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-12-2014, 09:49 PM
(29-12-2014 07:32 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Troll much?

I think you're referring to the OP, but in case you're referring to me, just to let you know, I didn't start this post.

It's funny, too, in a way, because everyone thinks my work is garbage and meaningless, but then the OP uses the title to attract attention to his slam post. [Image: umm%20(2).gif]

(29-12-2014 08:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So, you can publish the preface online but not the book?

It's coming. It's been out of print for a while, but it's under revision. I estimate about 60 days. I'm hoping I can offer it for sale as a paperback through CreateSpace, but offer it for free as .pdf, and make the Kindle file downloadable for free. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
[Image: les11.gif]
30-12-2014, 10:37 AM
(29-12-2014 09:49 PM)Gordon Wrote:  

I think you're referring to the OP, but in case you're referring to me, just to let you know, I didn't start this post.

It's funny, too, in a way, because everyone thinks my work is garbage and meaningless, but then the OP uses the title to attract attention to his slam post. [Image: umm%20(2).gif]

(29-12-2014 08:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So, you can publish the preface online but not the book?

It's coming. It's been out of print for a while, but it's under revision. I estimate about 60 days. I'm hoping I can offer it for sale as a paperback through CreateSpace, but offer it for free as .pdf, and make the Kindle file downloadable for free. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Nothing personal bro. As it turns out I'm dyslexic. Felt like such a boob when I realized I was jacking it to the Bible.
31-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Appropriate Meme is appropriate:
[Image: dear-god-books-questions-dummies-religio...280768.gif]
01-01-2015, 11:19 PM
(29-12-2014 08:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  

It is truly sad that you actually think anyone here is threatened by your laughably demented drivel. Facepalm

But, Chas, surely to respond to an "idea" with deliberately offensive, insulting and derisive language shows that a person feels "threatened". If one doesn't feel threatened, one would just argue rationally that the idea is wrong.
01-01-2015, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2015 12:07 AM by Deltabravo.)

Gordon, I can't find any reference to this anywhere on the Internet. What is it about?

I am not a Christian, btw, but I have come to the view, because I live in the Near East that Christianity stems from an older messianic religion which was a lot like modern Islam in it's view that violence was ok to achieve a desired result. I think that Achyra S also has this belief but I haven't read anything about it. The Cross, for instance, seems to be a pre-existing object of worship in paganism, and in Egyptian belief and I have seen it associated with the falcon on photos of a sarcophagus and the falcon is associated with Horus. Linguistically, I think that even the word "Christ" is related to the word "Horus" because its "Ch" beginning is likely to be an attempt to reproduce a lost consonantal sound, probably a sound like the "ch" in the Scottish word "Loch".

Jesus in other and older cultures was a warrior. If you read the Anglo-Saxon Beowulf it shows Jesus to have been a warrior and there is no reference in it to a Christianity which we would recognize. Charlemagne had over 4000 Saxons beheaded to convince the rest to convert to Roman Christianity even though they were already "Christians". Shia Muslims believe in Jesus and in the second coming and Alawi Muslims celebrate Easter. All Muslims believe in Jesus but they believe in a warrior Jesus who rides a horse and carries a spear. Even into the Christian era "Christ" was seen as a warrior and sometimes the same character as Horus: http://www.louvre.fr/en/oeuvre-notices/horus-horseback

Also, early Christians such as the Georgians, and many other national groups have adopted St George, who some say is also just Horus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQIMmzJjMc0

My own view of what we call Christianity is that it is a deliberate attempt to write up a peaceful religion to counter the prevailing militancy of the age and as a basis of a new religion in Rome, to counter the brutalistic paganism of the Claudian era, which ended with the death of Nero. I think Christianity is largely a lot of deliberately contrived stories coming from the religious mythology of the day, applied to a leader figure in the area at the time so as to try to win over his "people".

Islam is also a similar attempt to take an underlying religion, which was prevalent in the Near East and harness it for the benefit of those promulgating it following the collapse of societies in the sixth century AD.

This is why Jesus or "Izzy" is such a prominent figure in Islam; he is a warrior prophet of the "Christianity" which was prevalent at the time but it wasn't a Romanized Christianity because Roman Christianity was also "anti" the messianic militant religion of the Near East.

I have been re-reading the NT recently and I think it can be read from a secular perspective quite easily. If "God" is the "logos", which I would say is "reason", then the preachings of Jesus, particularly Matthew: Chs. 5-7, can be read as "reason" based teachings which stand independently from the supernatural aspects of the NT narrative as deriving from the principle "do unto others as you would have them do unto you", which really has little to do with a "god" or virgin birth etc.

Sadly, because the NT was aimed at our ancestors who needed the supernatural narrative, we now overlook the need to change the militaristic, monotheistic aspects of some religions and we are paying for this now in the Near East in precisely the area that all this played out 2000 years ago. We are paying for it because we still have not got to grips with what secularism is and our own secularist institutions and charters of rights are being used against us to permit dogmas and cults to flourish which don't respect freedom of thought or conscience and advocate murder of unbelievers and the wholesale destruction of secularism.
24-01-2015, 05:55 AM
(01-01-2015 11:19 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 08:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is truly sad that you actually think anyone here is threatened by your laughably demented drivel. Facepalm

But, Chas, surely to respond to an "idea" with deliberately offensive, insulting and derisive language shows that a person feels "threatened". If one doesn't feel threatened, one would just argue rationally that the idea is wrong.

Your argument doesn't hold. Ego® has shown himself as I described.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
24-01-2015, 01:56 PM

Revision?

As in, you have changed your mind in what you want to believe in, so your changing what your religion believes in?

Doesn't this just prove that your making up bullshit, slapping money signs on it and just trying to pass it off as the "truth" or the real christianity?

I can do the same too you know! How about I make a religion out of ...hmm..I dont really know anything what each book is specifically about but..

Lets make a new form of Christianity called Vaskopias Fundamentalist
In our book it will have
Judges
Numbers
Ruth
Amos
Malachi
Zaphaniah
Nahum
Lamantations
and Esther and Ezra

No idea whats in those exactly but whatever!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ