The Victmhood within the Black Community

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2015, 06:00 PM
The Victmhood within the Black Community
The majority(not all) of the black people I've met in my life have this mentality that I never really understood(which explains why I never fit in). They take pride in the struggle, being poor, or the violence that plagues most black communities. To try and uplift, speak as an educated person would, or act with civility is deemed "white". This usually leads to the moniker of uncle tom which I am currently referred to by some family members. The latest instance that has deemed me worthy of this title is the Ferguson shooting.

When the initial news came out I simply had nothing to add, just that I was eager to learn of evidence found on the case. This was not taken well by most of my black family members. To them me not taking the side of the poor black man who was killed by the white devil was blasphemous. This of course made sense seeing as most blacks being religious could care less about evidence only what feels right. I digress.

Now what happened to the officer, if I agreed with the decision of the grand jury, or even if I think he was justified in the killing of that guy is moot to the point I am trying to make. We all saw the uproar, the riots, and the marches for weeks on end for the death of one black man by the hands of a white police officer. My question is where is all the marching for the black teen killed by black men the next day? http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20140811/...s-teenWhat about the other

What about this black male killed two days after?
http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20140812/...-kills-man

I bring up this point because if you could remember all anyone could talk about on twitter following the failed indictment was #blacklivesmatter. If this was so why is no one talking about the so apparent gang violence that plagues most of the black neighborhoods? If you didn't bother to read the articles both of these men were gang related in some way. It's pretty obvious that gang violence in these communities result in way more deaths than cops. Why not tackle this problem with the same enthusiasm. Now I am aware there are movements against gang violence but when was the last time you seen an entire basketball team wearing shirts in support of those movements?

To be honest judging by how many of my family reacted to this whole thing as well as other times I think the majority of blacks like being seen as the struggling class. I think the victim hood is what they feed on. I mean why else would so blacks have this outlook on being well-spoken or not playing the victim?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like MrKrispy601's post
04-04-2015, 09:16 PM
RE: The Victmhood within the Black Community
Yip.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-04-2015, 09:20 PM
Quote:It's pretty obvious that gang violence in these communities result in way more deaths than cops.

Excuse me but that is no reason to give the cops a pass. They are supposed to be better than a "gang."

They have trouble with that, though.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
04-04-2015, 10:04 PM
(04-04-2015 09:20 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:It's pretty obvious that gang violence in these communities result in way more deaths than cops.

Excuse me but that is no reason to give the cops a pass. They are supposed to be better than a "gang."

They can be a gang, just with the DA on their side. The thin blue line? Yeah, protecting your follow officers at the expense of everything else? Unlawful use of excessive or lethal force? Warrantless seizure of property? To 'enforce and collect' rather than 'protect and serve'?

Sounds like a gang to me.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-04-2015, 09:06 PM
(04-04-2015 10:04 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 09:20 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Excuse me but that is no reason to give the cops a pass. They are supposed to be better than a "gang."

They can be a gang, just with the DA on their side. The thin blue line? Yeah, protecting your follow officers at the expense of everything else? Unlawful use of excessive or lethal force? Warrantless seizure of property? To 'enforce and collect' rather than 'protect and serve'?

So would that make cops a government paid gang if what you said is true?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
05-04-2015, 10:00 PM
(05-04-2015 09:06 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 10:04 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  They can be a gang, just with the DA on their side. The thin blue line? Yeah, protecting your follow officers at the expense of everything else? Unlawful use of excessive or lethal force? Warrantless seizure of property? To 'enforce and collect' rather than 'protect and serve'?

So would that make cops a government paid gang if what you said is true?

Paid, protected, abetted, and with the DA on their side.

Not all police officers or precincts are like this, but we've seen repeated examples of how the militarization of the police combined with a supposed system of oversight that clearly cannot handle policing it's own, has lead to disastrous consequences for the innocent; up to and including death. Within the last year we've had a cop performing lethal choke-hold on non-violent suspect, then edit relevant Wikipedia articles to attempt to hide that fact. We've seen police execute a homeless man for being homeless. We've seen the police pull up on the scene of a clearly deranged man, and instead of deescalating the situation, they pull out their guns (instead of their tasers) within 6 seconds of arriving on the scene and shoot the man dead in the street. Let's not forget the shit-storm that was the jack-booted response to the Ferguson protesters, including threatening and aiming weapons at protesters, not having any identification on their uniforms, purposely tear-gassing and otherwise harassing news reporters.

As far as I know, nobody involved in these incidents has even been indicted on any charges, despite video evidence of the events; and yet ignorant fucks like Patriot10mm wonder why minority communities don't trust the cops.

Just ask him, he'll tell you it's the 'media glorified gangster lifestyle'.

05-04-2015, 10:22 PM
(05-04-2015 10:00 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-04-2015 09:06 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So would that make cops a government paid gang if what you said is true?

Paid, protected, abetted, and with the DA on their side.

Not all police officers or precincts are like this, but we've seen repeated examples of how the militarization of the police combined with a supposed system of oversight that clearly cannot handle policing it's own, has lead to disastrous consequences for the innocent; up to and including death. Within the last year we've had a cop performing lethal choke-hold on non-violent suspect, then edit relevant Wikipedia articles to attempt to hide that fact. We've seen police execute a homeless man for being homeless. We've seen the police pull up on the scene of a clearly deranged man, and instead of deescalating the situation, they pull out their guns (instead of their tasers) within 6 seconds of arriving on the scene and shoot the man dead in the street. Let's not forget the shit-storm that was the jack-booted response to the Ferguson protesters, including threatening and aiming weapons at protesters, not having any identification on their uniforms, purposely tear-gassing and otherwise harassing news reporters.

As far as I know, nobody involved in these incidents has even been indicted on any charges, despite video evidence of the events; and yet ignorant fucks like Patriot10mm wonder why minority communities don't trust the cops.

Just ask him, he'll tell you it's the 'media glorified gangster lifestyle'.

America is fucked up but at least it does not have the worst cops

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
05-04-2015, 10:24 PM
The gangs don't excuse the corruption in the Police department, but that corruption doesn't excuse gangs either.
While I agree that police are in a position to protect and serve and abusing that position is terrible and shit, I can see the point of the OP that the amount of effort going into protesting Police corruption, while justified and good and should happen, doesn't happen (or at least isn't reported on as widely if it does) when it comes to a much larger issue that is gang violence. Gang violence is more than just gang related deaths, it's also the cause of drugs an numerous crimes that cause death and suffering. And yet it appears (from the outside, which is where I am) that the black community tolerate this behavior while causing a stink about police corruption.

Like I said when this all started, this isn't about police corruption (well it is in part), it's about "rich" white and "poor" black people and the tension between these two groups. The police corruption is just a catalyst/excuse.

I got work, I'll post more later.

[Image: oscar.png]
05-04-2015, 10:30 PM
(05-04-2015 10:22 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  America is fucked up but at least it does not have the worst cops

One of the few things the United States still holds the world wide No.1 spot on is incarcerating it's own citizens, so there is that...

05-04-2015, 10:37 PM
(05-04-2015 10:30 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-04-2015 10:22 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  America is fucked up but at least it does not have the worst cops

One of the few things the United States still holds the world wide No.1 spot on is incarcerating it's own citizens, so there is that...

And hypocrisy these are things we know. But still i heard japan had some bad cops