• 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2015, 03:02 PM
RE: The Victmhood within the Black Community
Oh shit. ... oh shit. ... shit.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-04-2015, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2015 04:08 PM by Blackout.)
Speaking as an outsider - What you call victimhood looks to me a protest and lack of satisfaction with the system and a rebelious attitude towards police violence that - Like it or not, unequally targets dark skinned people whether they're unarmed or not - And add the wage gap, the arrest gap, etc and you find lots of reasons why black people are not satisfied. The comparison you make with gangs near black residents has nothing to do with the problematic because we're talking about violence that is more likely to happen just because the suspect is black.

Also, the argument that "X is more serious" is pretty much useless because for every problem we can possibly find a more serious one. People are entitled to protest for whatever they wish, the number of deaths or harm is not proof that it's worse - The holocaust, for example, killed less than other massacres but it is considered "worse" because of the way it happened and the terrible ideology behind it.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Blackout's post
09-04-2015, 04:33 PM
Clearly that fucking cop was being threatened by the man running away from him... at least that was the story until the video emerged.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
09-04-2015, 04:46 PM
(09-04-2015 03:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh shit. ... oh shit. ... shit.

Again not excusing this horrible cop from this death or any others for that matter.
09-04-2015, 04:56 PM
(09-04-2015 04:05 PM)Blackout Wrote:  Speaking as an outsider - What you call victimhood looks to me a protest and lack of satisfaction with the system and a rebelious attitude towards police violence that - Like it or not, unequally targets dark skinned people whether they're unarmed or not - And add the wage gap, the arrest gap, etc and you find lots of reasons why black people are not satisfied. The comparison you make with gangs near black residents has nothing to do with the problematic because we're talking about violence that is more likely to happen just because the suspect is black.

Also, the argument that "X is more serious" is pretty much useless because for every problem we can possibly find a more serious one. People are entitled to protest for whatever they wish, the number of deaths or harm is not proof that it's worse - The holocaust, for example, killed less than other massacres but it is considered "worse" because of the way it happened and the terrible ideology behind it.

I am NOT saying that gang or black on black crime is worse. What I am trying to point out is that why is it not also getting equal amount of attention if ALL black lives matter? It has nothing to do with numbers you're correct. It has to do to the fact that after this happened #BlackLivesMatter took social media over. But all they seemed to talk about was this one death in this one particular style by one particular type of person. I thought ALL black lives mattered. If they do we should be also be marching for the bloody mess that is happening in Chicago. Thousand of young black kids murdering each other all in the name of money, drugs, reputation, being in the wrong neighborhood. Why is this being brought up by the media as much just like the wrongful deaths of blacks by cops? When was the last nationwide march for these deaths related to gang violence in our own communities?
09-04-2015, 05:10 PM
I don't get what you mean by not getting all the attention.. I guess it boils down to what sources of information you listen to and where you're located. I guess because I'm from the Chicago area saying it's not talked about is a joke. I don't think it's talked about too much but even from stuff that spreads up the national poll it is pretty seemingly referenced relevantly, though yes locally it's all the time brought up and not just in recent mayoral debates.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
09-04-2015, 05:19 PM
(09-04-2015 04:33 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Clearly that fucking cop was being threatened by the man running away from him... at least that was the story until the video emerged.

"Fleeing while black" is grounds for lethal response in many jurisdictions.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-04-2015, 05:36 PM
(09-04-2015 05:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 04:33 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Clearly that fucking cop was being threatened by the man running away from him... at least that was the story until the video emerged.

"Fleeing while black" is grounds for lethal response in many jurisdictions.

"Breathing While Black"

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-04-2015, 06:40 PM
(09-04-2015 05:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 05:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "Fleeing while black" is grounds for lethal response in many jurisdictions.

"Breathing While Black"

I don't know what you're talking about. He was coming right at me!

... this is my signature!
09-04-2015, 07:51 PM
(04-04-2015 06:00 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  To be honest judging by how many of my family reacted to this whole thing as well as other times I think the majority of blacks like being seen as the struggling class. I think the victim hood is what they feed on. I mean why else would so blacks have this outlook on being well-spoken or not playing the victim?

A catholic latino might not want their daughter to marry a southern baptist black man, so racism doesn't exist only in it's whitest form! And I think that's part of the problem. How much so, I couldn't say. But my completely unprofesional opinion is that it's a case of plain ol' stupidity! I'm not slamming blacks, though! It's kinda like how christians, who live in a country that still writes "In God we trust" on it's currency, can hear about 2 people of the same gender, that they've never met, & will never see walking down the street holding hands, getting married, and feel "oppressed" by it! Undecided I guess victimhood can make the wearer always feel like they've got the moral highground. *shrugs*
Put all that together and you might have an "us -vs- them" thing going on. Black community can feel like, "it's our community; we can do what we want", just like christians might feel like, "she's our witch to burn; go police yourselves". Like it's somehow worse when a black man dies at the hands of anyone other than another black man, or somehow o.k. for a christian to kill an abortion doctor but not o.k. if it's a family man who's not an abortion doctor that gets killed! Undecided Stupidity! Keep it in the community (color specific, OR religious, or other) they feel they shouldn't have to do what "outsiders" think is the best for them!
I could be full of it, though!
I'll save talking about how some cops suck when that's the actual question you ask! Tongue