The Victmhood within the Black Community

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: The Victmhood within the Black Community
(09-04-2015 05:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 05:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "Fleeing while black" is grounds for lethal response in many jurisdictions.

"Breathing While Black"

"Being Black"

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2015, 10:31 AM
(04-04-2015 09:20 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:It's pretty obvious that gang violence in these communities result in way more deaths than cops.

Excuse me but that is no reason to give the cops a pass. They are supposed to be better than a "gang."

They have trouble with that, though.

The police are not robots, and they are in a stress filled environment. They know that there are people out there that hate police and want to kill them for being sanctioned by the local governments to keep the peace and orderly commerce of the community - very fucking stressful.

You want perfect cops, then you need to fix the entire system, which gets into how people are supposed respect the police for the job that they are charged by the people to do.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
10-04-2015, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2015 10:41 AM by TrainWreck.)
(09-04-2015 04:56 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  I am NOT saying that gang or black on black crime is worse. What I am trying to point out is that why is it not also getting equal amount of attention if ALL black lives matter? It has nothing to do with numbers you're correct. It has to do to the fact that after this happened #BlackLivesMatter took social media over. But all they seemed to talk about was this one death in this one particular style by one particular type of person. I thought ALL black lives mattered. If they do we should be also be marching for the bloody mess that is happening in Chicago. Thousand of young black kids murdering each other all in the name of money, drugs, reputation, being in the wrong neighborhood. Why is this being brought up by the media as much just like the wrongful deaths of blacks by cops? When was the last nationwide march for these deaths related to gang violence in our own communities?

It has to do with the sequence that it is incumbent on the government to fix the police, where as, black on black crime gets into fixing the black culture, and you sure as fuck don't want to be the one to tell the niggas they has to change some of their shit. Try telling a 18 year-old black mother that she is nowhere nears being prepared to raise a child to be a reasonable person, especially if she insists on believing in that god shit.

And so, they all be sitting around listening to each other talk about how fucked-up white people are and how white people deny them power to fix the world. And it never dawns on them that if the country was founded by unjust slave owners then the correction is to write a just constitution.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
10-04-2015, 02:07 PM
(09-04-2015 05:10 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't get what you mean by not getting all the attention.. I guess it boils down to what sources of information you listen to and where you're located. I guess because I'm from the Chicago area saying it's not talked about is a joke. I don't think it's talked about too much but even from stuff that spreads up the national poll it is pretty seemingly referenced relevantly, though yes locally it's all the time brought up and not just in recent mayoral debates.

I figured it was talked about locally and hell I know there is some coverage on it nationally but are you seriously trying to say that it's getting the same press these cop shootings are. If black lives matter so much we should be talking about all of these deaths just as much as the others.
10-04-2015, 02:11 PM
(09-04-2015 07:51 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 06:00 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  To be honest judging by how many of my family reacted to this whole thing as well as other times I think the majority of blacks like being seen as the struggling class. I think the victim hood is what they feed on. I mean why else would so blacks have this outlook on being well-spoken or not playing the victim?

I'll save talking about how some cops suck when that's the actual question you ask! Tongue

Oh I'm from rural Mississippi originally so I know all about how cops treat black people terribly especially when it's in a back woods town where it gets swept under the rug. So bringing up this issue of police brutality is well overdue.
10-04-2015, 02:27 PM
(10-04-2015 02:07 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 05:10 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't get what you mean by not getting all the attention.. I guess it boils down to what sources of information you listen to and where you're located. I guess because I'm from the Chicago area saying it's not talked about is a joke. I don't think it's talked about too much but even from stuff that spreads up the national poll it is pretty seemingly referenced relevantly, though yes locally it's all the time brought up and not just in recent mayoral debates.

I figured it was talked about locally and hell I know there is some coverage on it nationally but are you seriously trying to say that it's getting the same press these cop shootings are. If black lives matter so much we should be talking about all of these deaths just as much as the others.

I think this boils down to how the media works and kinda what I've said to the idea of who Isis attacking Palestinian refugees isn't getting much US media coverage.

WHO is on the opposite side of this debate? The way media topics get discussed is via counters and rebuttals with contrasting opinions. Who is defending gang violence or has a media show who says it's not a problem? Nobody... that's why it's not debated or talked about beyond a single segment. We see some conversations on the topic bickering over, oh it's the inner urban cultural problem but others saying it's the sestemic issue that made those areas and that really is spoken of on this but it's a wider scale because it encompasses multiple issues so it goes there.

When people in media circles contrast how much or if there is a victim-hood or police brutality problem the conversation will repeatedly be in circulation. What media focuses on isn't what they think huge issues are or what will be solvable, it's what people disagree upon.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-04-2015, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2015 10:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-04-2015 04:56 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  I am NOT saying that gang or black on black crime is worse. What I am trying to point out is that why is it not also getting equal amount of attention if ALL black lives matter?

The fundamental difference between black-on-black crime and cops killing black men is that when a black man shoots another black man it's not because they're black. I'd be willing to bet the house that if Walter Scott was white he would not have been shot. Cop had his driver's license and address, could've just picked him up later like they routinely did when this white boy juvenile delinquent regularly taunted them with "Catch me if you can you old fat bastard." Or for that matter, cop could've just stood there for another 30 seconds until old fat black man ran out of gas and collapsed to the ground himself, "Okay. You got me."

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-04-2015, 05:45 PM
You could get a situation in the US that if a white cop sees something small, like a black guy driving a car with a broken tail light, he may turn a blind eye. Wouldn't be worth the hassle stopping him.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
10-04-2015, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2015 10:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-04-2015 05:45 PM)Marozz Wrote:  You could get a situation in the US that if a white cop sees something small, like a black guy driving a car with a broken tail light, he may turn a blind eye. Wouldn't be worth the hassle stopping him.

I actually feel for that cop. I have no doubt that he's a decent man with good intentions to protect and serve. The traffic stop was routine and cop was professional throughout. And then dude ran. Now cop's sitting in a cell going, "What the fuck just happened? What the fuck did I just do? Why the fuck did I do that?" And he can't explain it. Cop is a victim too of something far more insidious than lead bullets. In that moment he saw Scott not as a man, but a target. And he don't know why.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-04-2015, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 01:22 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(10-04-2015 09:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 05:45 PM)Marozz Wrote:  You could get a situation in the US that if a white cop sees something small, like a black guy driving a car with a broken tail light, he may turn a blind eye. Wouldn't be worth the hassle stopping him.

I actually feel for that cop. I have no doubt that he's a decent man with good intentions to protect and serve. The traffic stop was routine and cop was professional throughout. And then dude ran. Now cop's sitting in a cell going, "What the fuck just happened? What the fuck did I just do? Why the fuck did I do that?" And he can't explain it. Cop is a victim too of something far more insidious than lead bullets. In that moment he saw Scott not as a man, but a target. And he don't know why.

Fair enough, but we do a disservice to everyone if we ignore the problem as to why that man so easily crossed the threshold from citizen to target. You cannot fix a system you don't recognize is broken.

If the system was unable to correct for Michael Slager before he murdered someone, the system is broken.

"It starts with cops looking out for their buddies, then the other cops notice that they don't need to be too careful about staying within the bounds of their authority when dealing with minorities and poor people, then all of the bullies, fascists, racists and psychopaths of the world pick up on the fact that cops routinely get away with doing the things they fantasize about, then all of a sudden the lunatics are running the asylum."

One can't help but wonder if police officers hold the same appeal to those people as the Catholic Church appeals to pedophiles. It's an institution that protects it's own and allows you to indulge in types of behavior that is normally out of bounds. If I were an abject racist and got my kicks by throwing my weight around against minorities with impunity, becoming a police officer would be at the top of my list for indulging in my vice with impunity.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]