The WIFI gonna get ya

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2013, 09:42 PM
The WIFI gonna get ya
http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/...i-1.558673

This dingbat. Lol.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: The WIFI gonna get ya
Better invest in a bubble-boy suit.

" My friends. You bow to no one. " - Aragorn

"A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. " — Samuel Clemens

Simple....buy low, sell high.

Life in Rivendell is nice .
29-07-2013, 09:57 PM
(29-07-2013 09:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/...i-1.558673

This dingbat. Lol.

IKR. & I've heard postal workers can go berzerk and kill people. So I'm gonna shoot the next one that comes close to my home; better safe than sorry, right? Dodgy
There aren't any mental care facilities that have lost patients recently, is there?

29-07-2013, 10:10 PM
The comments below the article are interesting!Undecided
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
29-07-2013, 10:20 PM
(29-07-2013 09:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/...i-1.558673

This dingbat. Lol.

My mil has a whacky friend like that. Never a problem going into my mil's house. Mil puts her laptop in the closet. She thinks that is how to turn off her wifi.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines. Breathe; Pink Floyd

29-07-2013, 11:25 PM
HELP! HELP! I'M BEING OPPRESSED (by radio waves)!

SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!

[Image: giphy.gif]
29-07-2013, 11:56 PM
(29-07-2013 11:25 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  HELP! HELP! I'M BEING OPPRESSED (by radio waves)!

SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!

Suck it up buttercup! Time to bitch up

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines. Breathe; Pink Floyd

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-07-2013, 03:44 AM
I heard about this EM sensitivity. I see you've put this into Pseudoscience, so I have to ask, is there any truth in this? Can people really feel wifi and other EM signals, that can give them headaches or something similar?

As for the wifi and it's safety to human body, I think that not enough time has passed for the long term exposure effects to be visible. Then there are always people like the CEO of Nokia ( think it was Nokia), who does not allow any kind of wifi in his offices or his home, and he does not use mobile phone, but only classical line... He says that mobile phones and wifi are very dangerous. True or not, I think that a person like that can know much more than the general public, he can know things that the media would want to cover up a bit, as he is in the position to know that. Of course, he can just be one rich, crazy eccentric...

Anyway, I use wire. I have pulled CAT5 cables all around my house, drilled holes and covered it all. Then, I have turned off my wifi radio on my internet router. I like wifi, but there is no need to use it in your home, while you sleep. I don't want to argue and wait to see is it really safe, or dangerous, I will do what I can until they decide what they want to say. So, it's wire for me, wifi when needed only.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
30-07-2013, 03:50 AM
(30-07-2013 03:44 AM)Filox Wrote:  I heard about this EM sensitivity. I see you've put this into Pseudoscience, so I have to ask, is there any truth in this? Can people really feel wifi and other EM signals, that can give them headaches or something similar?

As for the wifi and it's safety to human body, I think that not enough time has passed for the long term exposure effects to be visible. Then there are always people like the CEO of Nokia ( think it was Nokia), who does not allow any kind of wifi in his offices or his home, and he does not use mobile phone, but only classical line... He says that mobile phones and wifi are very dangerous. True or not, I think that a person like that can know much more than the general public, he can know things that the media would want to cover up a bit, as he is in the position to know that. Of course, he can just be one rich, crazy eccentric...

Anyway, I use wire. I have pulled CAT5 cables all around my house, drilled holes and covered it all. Then, I have turned off my wifi radio on my internet router. I like wifi, but there is no need to use it in your home, while you sleep. I don't want to argue and wait to see is it really safe, or dangerous, I will do what I can until they decide what they want to say. So, it's wire for me, wifi when needed only.

Quote:Health Canada maintains that “there is no convincing scientific evidence that exposure to low-level radiofrequency energy from Wi-Fi causes adverse health effects in humans.”

No, there is no evidence it is anything more than psychosomatic. I'm not saying that there couldn't be some long term effect (there has not been enough time to study a long term effect on such a new technology) but the type of reaction this woman is claiming is just in her head. Every time one of these types makes the claim in a scientific study they have no better than base odds (blind luck) of actually correctly identifying when a wifi signal is on.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
30-07-2013, 06:30 AM
I think it is extremely simple to check out are these people telling the truth. You come to their house for an interview and you leave your iPhone with wifi on, plus, you set it up as an acces point. This way it transmits just like any other access point and there we go. If the person knows you have it on, they are not lying. To make things more interesting, you come prepared, have 2 mobile phones. If she asks you about your phone, that her head hurts or something like that, you take out the phone, you turn it off in front of her, take out the battery and continue with the interview, with the other phone in your pocket, safely transmitting the signal.

This is so fucking simple to check out, so seriously, is there any documentary or something like the experiment I just made up?

As for the danger/safety of wifi, the most simple way for me is to use cable. Also, it is the most secure and fastest way of connecting to the internet, so multiple benefits. Luckily, I don't have any iphones, ipads and other similar pads, internet phones and shit like that. Just a PC and a laptop.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post