The WIFI gonna get ya

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2013, 06:36 AM
RE: The WIFI gonna get ya
(30-07-2013 06:30 AM)Filox Wrote:  I think it is extremely simple to check out are these people telling the truth. You come to their house for an interview and you leave your iPhone with wifi on, plus, you set it up as an acces point. This way it transmits just like any other access point and there we go. If the person knows you have it on, they are not lying. To make things more interesting, you come prepared, have 2 mobile phones. If she asks you about your phone, that her head hurts or something like that, you take out the phone, you turn it off in front of her, take out the battery and continue with the interview, with the other phone in your pocket, safely transmitting the signal.

This is so fucking simple to check out, so seriously, is there any documentary or something like the experiment I just made up?

As for the danger/safety of wifi, the most simple way for me is to use cable. Also, it is the most secure and fastest way of connecting to the internet, so multiple benefits. Luckily, I don't have any iphones, ipads and other similar pads, internet phones and shit like that. Just a PC and a laptop.

There have been some small-scale studies of the allegedly sensitive. The results are that they cannot actually tell when WiFi or other EM is active.

The 'effects' appear to be psychosomatic.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Da fuq is a "mil?" And you been smoking too much weed, Filox. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-07-2013, 09:10 AM
(30-07-2013 06:30 AM)Filox Wrote:  I think it is extremely simple to check out are these people telling the truth. You come to their house for an interview and you leave your iPhone with wifi on, plus, you set it up as an acces point. This way it transmits just like any other access point and there we go. If the person knows you have it on, they are not lying. To make things more interesting, you come prepared, have 2 mobile phones. If she asks you about your phone, that her head hurts or something like that, you take out the phone, you turn it off in front of her, take out the battery and continue with the interview, with the other phone in your pocket, safely transmitting the signal.

This is so fucking simple to check out, so seriously, is there any documentary or something like the experiment I just made up?

As for the danger/safety of wifi, the most simple way for me is to use cable. Also, it is the most secure and fastest way of connecting to the internet, so multiple benefits. Luckily, I don't have any iphones, ipads and other similar pads, internet phones and shit like that. Just a PC and a laptop.

Well you realise of course that the EM radiation of WIFI is not different than whats coming off your computer monitor or your television set or any one of a dozen devices around you.
http://www.psychosomaticmedicine.org/content/67/2/224

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagn...ensitivity

Quote:The majority of provocation trials to date have found that self-described sufferers of electromagnetic hypersensitivity are unable to distinguish between exposure to real and fake electromagnetic fields,[2][3] and it is not recognized as a medical condition by the medical or scientific communities. Since a systematic review in 2005 showing no convincing scientific evidence for it being caused by electromagnetic fields,[2] several double-blind experiments have been published, each of which has suggested that people who report electromagnetic hypersensitivity are unable to detect the presence of electromagnetic fields and are as likely to report ill health following a sham exposure, as they are following exposure to genuine electromagnetic fields.[4][5][6]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
30-07-2013, 09:13 AM
(30-07-2013 06:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Da fuq is a "mil?" And you been smoking too much weed, Filox. Tongue

This one threw me for a minute as well. MIL= Mother-In-Law I believe.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
30-07-2013, 09:34 AM
I think a good test would be to take the woman into a room containing nothing but a comfortable chair (with a wifi router inside of it).

Give her a remote control and tell her that when she starts to feel ill to press the button.

I would break it down into two, ten minute tests. The first 10 minutes I wouldn't actually turn on the wifi. The second 10 minutes I would turn it on at the 3 min and 7 min mark for a minute each time.

Would be interesting to see how she would react.Consider

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
30-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Living in 'civilization' (or anywhere near it, given that radio waves among others propagate for hundreds of kilometres) these days exposes one to such quantities of background EM radiation that the delta of a home WLAN is insignificant. Virtually none of it is capable of interacting with one's biology in any way.

As mentioned, any studies of claimed 'electrosensitivity' or whatever reveal it for the joke it is. It is entirely psychosomatic; double-blind testing absolutely shatters it. It appears to be based on nothing more than a gut feeling of 'radiation is SCARY'.

One could keep subjects in a Faraday cage enclosure for extended lengths of time, in order to determine if there is any actual variance. As far as I know no one has ever bothered. This is because the effects of common band EM are so well known there isn't even any point. Anything harmful (for which the benefits outweigh the drawbacks - consider x-rays!) is rather dwarfed by the vast amounts of damaging radiation emitted by the sun, which most of us are also fairly regularly exposed to...

For that matter, radiation is necessarily and pervasively concomitant with all of modern technology and civilization. So good luck avoiding it.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
02-08-2013, 10:41 AM
She needs to stay away from bananas and Brazil nuts too. There are small amounts of radiation emitted from those food items. Oh, and granite countertops too. Oh, brother.
04-08-2013, 11:47 AM
These people are obviously fucking retarded and were dropped on their head as a baby.
Notice how it's always computer illiterate single women in their 60's?
Coincidence? fuck no!! These bitches are just going through menopause so their stupidity levels are spiking.

Don't worry, they'll die off soon.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
04-08-2013, 12:37 PM
(30-07-2013 06:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  The 'effects' appear to be psychosomatic.

Like a placebo, almost?

(30-07-2013 09:34 AM)bemore Wrote:  I think a good test would be to take the woman into a room containing nothing but a comfortable chair (with a wifi router inside of it).

Give her a remote control and tell her that when she starts to feel ill to press the button.

I would break it down into two, ten minute tests. The first 10 minutes I wouldn't actually turn on the wifi. The second 10 minutes I would turn it on at the 3 min and 7 min mark for a minute each time.

Would be interesting to see how she would react.Consider

I honestly feel like it's all in her head. Like one of the comments below the article reads, the claim seems "very common amongst very non technically adept older females." I can't help but think this is just her excuse because she's uncomfortable with the rapidly updating technology.

On the other hand, maybe we haven't had enough exposure to electromagnetism to understand. But seeing as we haven't, how would other people take on the negative effects earlier than others? The numbers would not be as few as they are, you'd think.

I just think it's a phony story...

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
04-08-2013, 12:41 PM
(04-08-2013 12:37 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Like a placebo, almost?

Indeed; such an effect is called nocebo, from Latin noceo (harm) instead of placeo (please).

[Image: tumblr_mmcw8mofwG1r5xzspo1_400.jpg]

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  She gonna die. GirlyMan 40 1,386 18-06-2013 12:30 PM
Last Post: Ameron1963
  ''Google's gonna kill the internet'' Kikko 14 1,877 06-09-2010 07:46 AM
Last Post: ashley.hunt60