The Walking Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2014, 09:18 AM
RE: The Walking Dead
(10-02-2014 08:50 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 11:20 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I am 24 thank you! I just prefer reading. I'm not old I am just a nerd or geek or whatever applies to people like me lol.

How am suppose to know? I even put a link in case you didn't know what south park was Laugh out load Laugh out load Laugh out load

LOL
I think I was like 8 when South Park first aired, so there! Tongue

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2014, 09:35 AM
(10-02-2014 09:18 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 08:50 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  How am suppose to know? I even put a link in case you didn't know what south park was Laugh out load Laugh out load Laugh out load

LOL

Hmm, I dunno... that's pretty old...
It's OK, I'll get you a wheelchair Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
10-02-2014, 09:41 AM
(10-02-2014 09:35 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 09:18 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  LOL

Hmm, I dunno... that's pretty old...

Shush it! And don't close your eyes for too long because the next thing you know, you'll be my age!

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
10-02-2014, 09:42 AM
In all honesty I don't watch the Walking Dead for the acting (which is average) or for the graphics (which are progressively getting better), I watch it because the idea behind it is interesting. Yes love zombies, but at the same time, it's actually really cool to see how humans would react in similar situations. Yes, I really doubt we need to prepare for the "Zombie Apocalypse", but a biological war isn't really out of the realm of possibilities. These shows are by no means an accurate portrayal of what would happen, but it's interesting nonetheless... for me at least Blink
10-02-2014, 09:46 AM
(10-02-2014 09:41 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 09:35 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Hmm, I dunno... that's pretty old...

Shush it! And don't close your eyes for too long because the next thing you know, you'll be my age!

Ugh, that statement is more depressing to me than you meant. Most of the people I look up to are getting old, and I'm noticing the little things that are a constant reminder that no one lasts forever. I may only be 19, but I already see that clearly. Some times I honestly wish for blissful ignorance.
10-02-2014, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 06:53 PM by sporehux.)
mmm, E9S4, I think I liked it, feels like a return to roots.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
10-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Knock knock knock. ... It's for you. .... Fucking brilliant!

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-02-2014, 01:22 PM
(10-02-2014 09:42 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  In all honesty I don't watch the Walking Dead for the acting (which is average) or for the graphics (which are progressively getting better), I watch it because the idea behind it is interesting. Yes love zombies, but at the same time, it's actually really cool to see how humans would react in similar situations. Yes, I really doubt we need to prepare for the "Zombie Apocalypse", but a biological war isn't really out of the realm of possibilities. These shows are by no means an accurate portrayal of what would happen, but it's interesting nonetheless... for me at least Blink

I don't really watch it for the zombies. My taste for zombie genres switches on and off, because a majority of today's zombie movies are a little too cliched. I like TWD because it doesn't necessarily focus on the zombies. It focuses on survival. Things that could actually happen in an epidemic (not necessarily the apocalypse, but anything that could result in anarchy and the fall of civilization), like the need for medicine in situations regarding pregnancy and wide outbreak of disease, societies trusting one another and living together on equal terms, the demand for food and shelter, security, etc. It's really interesting to watch it all unfold.

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
11-02-2014, 01:40 PM
(11-02-2014 01:22 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 09:42 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  In all honesty I don't watch the Walking Dead for the acting (which is average) or for the graphics (which are progressively getting better), I watch it because the idea behind it is interesting. Yes love zombies, but at the same time, it's actually really cool to see how humans would react in similar situations. Yes, I really doubt we need to prepare for the "Zombie Apocalypse", but a biological war isn't really out of the realm of possibilities. These shows are by no means an accurate portrayal of what would happen, but it's interesting nonetheless... for me at least Blink

I don't really watch it for the zombies. My taste for zombie genres switches on and off, because a majority of today's zombie movies are a little too cliched. I like TWD because it doesn't necessarily focus on the zombies. It focuses on survival. Things that could actually happen in an epidemic (not necessarily the apocalypse, but anything that could result in anarchy and the fall of civilization), like the need for medicine in situations regarding pregnancy and wide outbreak of disease, societies trusting one another and living together on equal terms, the demand for food and shelter, security, etc. It's really interesting to watch it all unfold.

I'm curious, have you watched World War Z?
If so, what did you think?
11-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Found this picture in my phone under the folder "useless pictures I may have a need for one day"
I almost missed my chance!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)