The Walking Dead!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-10-2014, 10:10 AM
RE: The Walking Dead!!!!
I watched the first season..it was really good. Fun, intense.

But..I dunno...I lost track of the night and time it was on...I did catch a few episodes of the second season and was bored so I stopped watching.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Buncha wet mops in here boy. Tongue
12-10-2014, 07:39 PM
I want to have Carol's babies.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
12-10-2014, 07:43 PM
Fuck you, asshole. I'm not goin down like that. I'm not sacrificing myself because you "might" not kill the baby. I pick option C. Kick your ass.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
12-10-2014, 09:38 PM
(12-10-2014 07:43 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Fuck you, asshole. I'm not goin down like that. I'm not sacrificing myself because you "might" not kill the baby. I pick option C. Kick your ass.

Really. He's obviously going to let the baby die anyway, why the fuck would you walk out?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
12-10-2014, 11:57 PM
CRYIN BECAUSE THAT HUG BETWEEN CAROL AND DARYL AND THEN THE HUG BETWEEN CAROL AND RICK

CRYIN SO HARD
13-10-2014, 04:08 PM
I had heard of the show and thought "Zombies? Nah, boring." Over the summer, my daughter started watching some re-runs and I watched a couple of episodes with her. The zombies seemed even tamer than I expected and, not knowing anything about the characters, I thought "Yup, I was right. Not for me." There was no way I was going to watch another episode after that.

So then AMC was running The Walking Dead marathon this week and my daughter was back watching it. Somehow I got roped into watching 3 or 4 episodes (my kids can get me to do anything within reason Yes ) that were in sequence and I began to understand a little more about what was going on. So then I watched another and another... Now I've seen at least all of season 3 and the first half of season 4. Hooked! And, of course, I watched the season premiere last night after all that and loved it.

But those guys on the roof shooting at Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Carl before they were captured are about the worst shots I've ever seen! They missed all four with automatics at close range! And how did Carol get all cleaned up face and all just before meeting up with her friends toward the end? So yeah, I have to be willing to ignore reality for awhile in order to enjoy it, but it has zombies anyway so duh.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
13-10-2014, 04:38 PM
(13-10-2014 04:08 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I had heard of the show and thought "Zombies? Nah, boring." Over the summer, my daughter started watching some re-runs and I watched a couple of episodes with her. The zombies seemed even tamer than I expected and, not knowing anything about the characters, I thought "Yup, I was right. Not for me." There was no way I was going to watch another episode after that.

So then AMC was running The Walking Dead marathon this week and my daughter was back watching it. Somehow I got roped into watching 3 or 4 episodes (my kids can get me to do anything within reason Yes ) that were in sequence and I began to understand a little more about what was going on. So then I watched another and another... Now I've seen at least all of season 3 and the first half of season 4. Hooked! And, of course, I watched the season premiere last night after all that and loved it.

But those guys on the roof shooting at Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Carl before they were captured are about the worst shots I've ever seen! They missed all four with automatics at close range! And how did Carol get all cleaned up face and all just before meeting up with her friends toward the end? So yeah, I have to be willing to ignore reality for awhile in order to enjoy it, but it has zombies anyway so duh.

You mean when they caught them and had them walk into the storage container? They weren't shooting to kill, they were luring them into a trap.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
13-10-2014, 05:24 PM
(13-10-2014 04:38 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  You mean when they caught them and had them walk into the storage container? They weren't shooting to kill, they were luring them into a trap.

No, before that. They had just made a scene and were still on the run and hadn't reached the point where they could go no further. The view was from behind the shooters looking down on the four running.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
13-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Tyrese: "Carol, how are you gonna do this?"
Carol: "I'm gonna kill people."

That made me tingly inside.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post