The Walking Dead!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-10-2015, 01:46 PM
RE: The Walking Dead!!!!
(28-10-2015 01:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  So on one episode of Talking Dead, Kevin Smith was talking about how each of the characters have a "super power" for fighting walkers/others. Carol's is that she can camouflage herself into her environment, Michonne's a samurai etc. So what would your real life "super power" be if you were fighting zombies? Wink I know there is a Zombie Survival Skills thread--but I am talking about *one skill* that you are inherently good at and/or well-trained in to the level of "super power." Mine would be yoga. There is even a guide for the yoga zombie apocalypse Tongue

Mountaineering. It's mind boggling to me how rarely they opt to go vertical, considering the zombies' inability to navigate anything more complex than flat ground. And I don't just mean in the boonies. There's so much they could do right in the middle of Atlanta if they were willing to demolish the first few floors of a couple high rise buildings to completely eliminate the possibility of zombie access and instead use climbing systems to create new human only entrances.

I'd also go for wilderness survival, since I'm better at it than Daryl, though I'm sure they intentionally dumb it down a bit in order to make it more reasonable to the average person Tongue Nonetheless, I'll let him keep the monopoly on that one.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
28-10-2015, 01:59 PM
(28-10-2015 01:46 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 01:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  So on one episode of Talking Dead, Kevin Smith was talking about how each of the characters have a "super power" for fighting walkers/others. Carol's is that she can camouflage herself into her environment, Michonne's a samurai etc. So what would your real life "super power" be if you were fighting zombies? Wink I know there is a Zombie Survival Skills thread--but I am talking about *one skill* that you are inherently good at and/or well-trained in to the level of "super power." Mine would be yoga. There is even a guide for the yoga zombie apocalypse Tongue

Mountaineering. It's mind boggling to me how rarely they opt to go vertical...
... if they were willing to demolish the first few floors of a couple high rise buildings to completely eliminate the possibility of zombie access and instead use climbing systems to create new human only entrances.
Thank you! My brother and I have been saying the same thing. So many seem surprised by this obvious tactic.
28-10-2015, 02:00 PM
Just caught up on episodes but I have to admit i was shocked when they took out Glenn a fan favorite. I have thought of the two possible scenarios. The most likely being he's ok. When they fell off you say the body of the nitwit fall on top of him. It's a good chance he was just reacting to the horror that was happening before him.

Or two the more realistic scenario the zombies ate threw the corpse and got to him. Surrounded by hundreds of zombies one of them had to go for his jucie brain. Plus they love killing off key characters. it was bound to happen eventually. Ether him or Darrel. And no one wants to see Darrel go.

In the comics Rick and Carol go out alone for a time. He's also at this point missing a hand in the comics as well as Carol having half his head blown off.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
28-10-2015, 05:11 PM
(28-10-2015 02:00 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Just caught up on episodes but I have to admit i was shocked when they took out Glenn a fan favorite. I have thought of the two possible scenarios. The most likely being he's ok. When they fell off you say the body of the nitwit fall on top of him. It's a good chance he was just reacting to the horror that was happening before him.

Or two the more realistic scenario the zombies ate threw the corpse and got to him. Surrounded by hundreds of zombies one of them had to go for his jucie brain. Plus they love killing off key characters. it was bound to happen eventually. Ether him or Darrel. And no one wants to see Darrel go.

In the comics Rick and Carol go out alone for a time. He's also at this point missing a hand in the comics as well as Carol having half his head blown off.

Yeah, I'm wondering if Rick is going to lose his hand because he got cut pretty bad and as you mention, it is in the comics. But they don't always stick to the comics in the series. It will be interesting to see how all that plays out.
28-10-2015, 05:15 PM
(28-10-2015 01:41 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Back in the day I was actually pretty good at archery. (Remember besting an ex boyfriend at a ren Faire contest....didn't go over so well Tongue) so that would probably be mine.

I bake a mean cookie too. Brain cookies. I'd be friend to all zombies.

My cookies never come out very good. They're lovingly called "rocks" by my family and friends Big Grin If I baked cookies we could chuck them at the zombies heads and run away. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-10-2015, 05:21 PM
(28-10-2015 01:46 PM)yakherder Wrote:  

Mountaineering. It's mind boggling to me how rarely they opt to go vertical, considering the zombies' inability to navigate anything more complex than flat ground. And I don't just mean in the boonies. There's so much they could do right in the middle of Atlanta if they were willing to demolish the first few floors of a couple high rise buildings to completely eliminate the possibility of zombie access and instead use climbing systems to create new human only entrances.

I'd also go for wilderness survival, since I'm better at it than Daryl, though I'm sure they intentionally dumb it down a bit in order to make it more reasonable to the average person Tongue Nonetheless, I'll let him keep the monopoly on that one.

That's a good point. Boonies would definitely be the best way to go to avoid both people and walkers if you know how to survive off the land. I like the idea of the high rise--they could do a lot of cool stuff with that idea on the show.
28-10-2015, 05:34 PM
(28-10-2015 01:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I know there is a Zombie Survival Skills thread--but I am talking about *one skill* that you are inherently good at and/or well-trained in to the level of "super power."

I can lie better than Eugene.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-10-2015, 05:45 PM
(28-10-2015 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 01:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I know there is a Zombie Survival Skills thread--but I am talking about *one skill* that you are inherently good at and/or well-trained in to the level of "super power."

So instead of a potential TTA meet up in Vegas or Death Valley, you are taking us all to Washington? Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
28-10-2015, 06:15 PM
(28-10-2015 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Pigtails vs. Mullet: who has more hair game?

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-10-2015, 06:22 PM
(28-10-2015 06:15 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I can lie better than Eugene.

Pigtails vs. Mullet: who has more hair game?

Pigtails, silly.

[Image: GirlyMan.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post