The Walking Dead!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-02-2016, 07:30 PM
RE: The Walking Dead!!!!
Anyone here been a fan since the very first season? I was a fan for the first few seasons, but then it clearly began jumping the shark. It went from realistic zombie novel to fantasy novel comic book. Sure, I know it's based on a comic book, but the first couple seasons they truly transformed a shoddy story into something with real roots. But since then every season is just more jumping the shark and I feel they now appeal to those who want cheap thrills and satisfying stories instead of looking at it as a realistic narrative. I can't even watch it anymore. Thoughts?

"The danger of religious faith is that it allows otherwise normal human beings to reap the fruits of madness and consider them holy." - Sam Harris
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2016, 08:24 PM
Y'all know ol' W-head changing his mind in under 2.7 minutes was bullshiz, right?

Maybe if they'd spent an entire episode showing him slowly coming around, I'd have accepted it!
Either way, Carrol was right!
Morgan didn't want to save that buttmunch for the safety of the helpless lil babies inside Alexandria, but for himself ~ lil babies be damned! No

Still don't trust that priest, neether! Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
18-02-2016, 08:28 PM
(18-02-2016 08:24 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Y'all know ol' W-head changing his mind in under 2.7 minutes was bullshiz, right?

Maybe if they'd spent an entire episode showing him slowly coming around, I'd have accepted it!
Either way, Carrol was right!
Morgan didn't want to save that buttmunch for the safety of the helpless lil babies inside Alexandria, but for himself ~ lil babies be damned! No

Still don't trust that priest, neether! Tongue

Oh good point! I almost forgot, I was yelling at my tv when Rick handed Judith over to the priest to protect her in his church--when he's proven to be nothing but an asshole and only out for himself. Totally agree with you about the wolf coming around so quickly after being a murderous dick. And Morgan needs to grow some balls Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-02-2016, 07:18 AM
(18-02-2016 07:30 PM)philosopher Wrote:  Anyone here been a fan since the very first season? I was a fan for the first few seasons, but then it clearly began jumping the shark. It went from realistic zombie novel to fantasy novel comic book. Sure, I know it's based on a comic book, but the first couple seasons they truly transformed a shoddy story into something with real roots. But since then every season is just more jumping the shark and I feel they now appeal to those who want cheap thrills and satisfying stories instead of looking at it as a realistic narrative. I can't even watch it anymore. Thoughts?

Sorry, but "realistic narrative" and "zombie" don't seem to square up. Consider

OK, kidding aside, I get what you mean. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-02-2016, 05:56 PM
[Image: 1422422_1694533707455717_8942200568455598185_n_j.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
19-02-2016, 08:29 PM
(18-02-2016 07:30 PM)philosopher Wrote:  Anyone here been a fan since the very first season? I was a fan for the first few seasons, but then it clearly began jumping the shark. It went from realistic zombie novel to fantasy novel comic book. Sure, I know it's based on a comic book, but the first couple seasons they truly transformed a shoddy story into something with real roots. But since then every season is just more jumping the shark and I feel they now appeal to those who want cheap thrills and satisfying stories instead of looking at it as a realistic narrative. I can't even watch it anymore. Thoughts?

I was the opposite. That love triangle bullshit almost lost me, then finally they killed off Shane and Lori so they could focus on making a zombie show that was actually about zombies Tongue

But seriously, though I appreciate a somewhat realistically choreographed gunfight, I accept the fact that the rules of real life must be bent in order to make an interesting show, even in supposedly more realistic shows. From fantasy medical procedures presented as legitimate to courtroom proceedings that somehow always end with an undisputed winner based on some key piece of evidence that pops up at the last second, there's no such thing as reality even in shows that aren't specifically labeled as fantasy.

I just enjoy the zombie smashing and try not to take anything too seriously. Plenty of that in real life.

Love triangles and relationship tension based plots tend to piss me off though.
19-02-2016, 11:46 PM
I did not like the Lori/Shane love triangle either. But I do like the Glen/Maggie rship aka Gleggie. I mean a happy, compatible rship is just about as far-fetched as the zombies Wink Hobo Laugh out load When I watch WD, I kind of suspend reality for a bit and just kind of enjoy the make believe of it all.
21-02-2016, 04:07 PM
(19-02-2016 08:29 PM)yakherder Wrote:  

I was the opposite. That love triangle bullshit almost lost me, then finally they killed off Shane and Lori so they could focus on making a zombie show that was actually about zombies Tongue
Haha! See, I loved the triangle because it was realistic. Shane was Rick's best friend and was looking out for his family, and just so happened that both of them entered into a romance brought on by the desperation of the apocalypse and the fact that they thought for sure Rick was dead. There was some realism there. Of course, I loved Shane's character, and would've been happier if he had, say, kidnapped Lori and Carl. At least it would've been more palatable than the constant "Where's Carl?" storyline every episode, lol.

"The danger of religious faith is that it allows otherwise normal human beings to reap the fruits of madness and consider them holy." - Sam Harris
21-02-2016, 10:18 PM

Bah. Go find a "I hate walking dead" thread and get outta here. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
21-02-2016, 10:19 PM
Oh and Yayayayaya! Finally!