RE: The Walking Dead!!!!
[Image: FB_IMG_1459818118517.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
07-04-2016, 08:27 PM
So who was there.

Rick - Lucille wants to taunt him for a while.
Carl - Lucille wants to taunt Rick for a while.
Eugene - Lucille was fully aware of Eugene's plot to split off to provide a diversion and where everyone was going. He could be useful.
Ginger - Will kill Lucille at his first opportunity. A useful asset.
Maggie - Almost dead. Lucille ain't gonna waste his kill on her.
Glenn - Lucille wants to dick with Glenn and Maggie for a while.
Daryl - same as Ginger.
Michonne - same as Daryl.
Aaron - Don't think Lucille would go for the girly man right off the bat.
Rosita - ?

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-04-2016, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 03:24 PM by SitaSky.)
(07-04-2016 03:36 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  If someone's dead, it's probably Eugene. That whole scene when they left him with the RV was like a goodbye. It's a classic in movies. You tell someone you underestimated how awesome they are and next thing you know, they're dead.

In a world full of undead that only care about eating you, death is not as scary as knowing you'll be getting beaten up every now and then. He does not need to kill anyone to make them fear him.

And how would killing them scare them? They know he can't kill all of them anyway, so they have to fear something. And I don't think that something is death.

You're assuming Negan is a practical and merciful person, that he will leave them all alive because he has no reason to kill them. He's not a reasonable person, he's psychotic. He's the kind of person who wraps barbed wire around a baseball and beats people with it and he likes to basically enslave people to do his bidding or else he will kill them and not in a nice clean way, he will make them suffer. Does that sound like someone who will leave the entire group alive after he very clearly stated he has to kill one of them?

I really doubt it but like I said I hope he doesn't kill any of them but for Rick's group and for us, the audience, we need to see Negan doesn't mess around and he's a real threat to them. It's not like he's a mindless walker who can come around a corner to bite them, he's smart, he's vicious, he has an army who are not only loyal to him but also try to emulate him and call themselves "Negan". If he doesn't kill anyone he'll just come off as a weak villain and that's no fun at all.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
09-04-2016, 05:29 PM
(08-04-2016 03:05 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  You're assuming Negan is a practical and merciful person, that he will leave them all alive because he has no reason to kill them. He's not a reasonable person, he's psychotic. He's the kind of person who wraps barbed wire around a baseball and beats people with it and he likes to basically enslave people to do his bidding or else he will kill them and not in a nice clean way, he will make them suffer. Does that sound like someone who will leave the entire group alive after he very clearly stated he has to kill one of them?

I really doubt it but like I said I hope he doesn't kill any of them but for Rick's group and for us, the audience, we need to see Negan doesn't mess around and he's a real threat to them. It's not like he's a mindless walker who can come around a corner to bite them, he's smart, he's vicious, he has an army who are not only loyal to him but also try to emulate him and call themselves "Negan". If he doesn't kill anyone he'll just come off as a weak villain and that's no fun at all.

How was what I said implying that I assumed Negan to be merciful? He sure seems to be practical, how can you get hundreds of followers, all trained, loyal and alive if you're not practical?

He never ever clearly stated he had to kill one of them. And I didn't know that in English "beat the holy hell outta" somebody meant "kill somebody".

My main point was that the writers almost left hints that someone did not actually die since nobody ever clearly stated that someone has to die. They've played us before, so why not now? It's like saying "but we saw Glenn's intestines being eaten, how could he be alive?"

That said, someone has indeed died. It was pretty much confirmed by both the writers and Andrew Lincoln. But I was on fucking point. You can't take that away from me Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
09-04-2016, 06:01 PM
Quote:nobody ever clearly stated that someone has to die.

Yes they did. It has been a common thing with the saviors all season. The guys on the road for example that Daryl blew up specifically said "we have to kill one of you".
Survivors they've run into have said the saviors killed one of them to keep the rest in line. Etc.. it's been a common theme and it's what's happening now.

Did you see that club? You take 2 wacks to the head from that by a big strong guy like him and see how easily you survive.

Someone is dead.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
10-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Forget the walking dead.. I'm done with this show.. season after season they keep repeating looping plots that go nowhere.

OH and lemme predict how season 7 will start off...
ep.1 they'll just show Carol and Morgan with the horsemen village soul searching....
ep.2 they'll show how Alexandria is doing without the main cast...
ep.3 this is when they finally show who got waxed.
and so on.. and so on....

just tired of the routine loop of these cliffhanger episodes stringing us along.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
10-04-2016, 10:59 PM
(10-04-2016 08:43 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Forget the walking dead.. I'm done with this show.. season after season they keep repeating looping plots that go nowhere.

OH and lemme predict how season 7 will start off...
ep.1 they'll just show Carol and Morgan with the horsemen village soul searching....
ep.2 they'll show how Alexandria is doing without the main cast...
ep.3 this is when they finally show who got waxed.
and so on.. and so on....

just tired of the routine loop of these cliffhanger episodes stringing us along.

While I empathize with your sentiment, and agree to a point (I cancelled cable years ago and have yet to regret it).

I think you missed the whole point of television...

The only reason I hang on is to find out who or what. I can't flip on the TV and watch it, I gotta stream it from some shady site that always loads too slow or tries to infect me with the latest interwebs herpes. Yet week after week I push through the bullshit to see what happens.

You gotta admit, there hasn't been a show this good since MacGyver.

A couple Quaaludes... You'll be back.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
11-04-2016, 04:00 AM
(09-04-2016 06:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Someone is dead.

Yeah, let's just keep repeating what I just said.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
11-04-2016, 06:33 AM
(10-04-2016 10:59 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I can't flip on the TV and watch it, I gotta stream it from some shady site that always loads too slow or tries to infect me with the latest interwebs herpes. Yet week after week I push through the bullshit to see what happens.

I stream/torrent everything myself too. Big Grin

And yeah I might be back next fall.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post