The Walking Dead!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-12-2014, 09:02 PM
RE: The Walking Dead!!!!
Wouldn't be so bad if Z Nation would run during WD's off season. I either have two different shows to keep up with, or no zombie fix. Well, not a show anyway. Good thing there are more good ongoing zombie book series than I could possibly keep up with. Anxious for Zombie Fallout book 9. Got a vampire showdown brewing in the zombie apocalypse at the end of book 8, and they're all more interesting, well developed characters than the ones in any of the shows Tongue

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2014, 08:06 AM
(01-12-2014 06:58 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Ohly shit! Ohmy Gawdam, Beth!
Seriously, though, wtf? Why?

That was a piss-poor bit of writing. I don't mind them killing people off, I do mind it when their death is an after thought to the rest of the episode that they tacked on just because they felt the need to kill someone.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
02-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Bad timing. Such a downer just before a 2 month break. I'd rather have a cliff-hanger for 2 months. Something that leaves you with a "can you believe that?" smile of anticipation instead of wtf? Gasp

But it makes you realize that just about any character is expendable. I think Rick is about the only one that can't die without completely changing the show. Daryl and Carol would be a big deal too, but I think less so than with Rick. Of course they can always work in a replacement character for awhile and then even Rick would be expendable.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
02-12-2014, 08:09 PM
So confused. Did Beth kill herself with the cop's gun or did the cop shoot Beth? And why? So very confused.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
02-12-2014, 09:27 PM
(02-12-2014 08:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
So confused. Did Beth kill herself with the cop's gun or did the cop shoot Beth? And why? So very confused.

It looked to me like Beth caused her own death by grabbing the gun (which caused it to go off... accidentally? Cop lady didn't look intent on shooting Beth), but I haven't gone back to check it a second time! Bottom line; she's dead! I'm with Elder! Even if you simply had to have a death of a main character fine, but give a semi-decent reason for it, at least! Undecided

02-12-2014, 10:29 PM
I can honestly say I didn't see that shit coming.

[Image: oscar.png]
03-12-2014, 10:43 AM
(02-12-2014 08:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I believe Dawn grabbed her gun as a defensive reflex to seeing Beth about to stab her. So Dawn shot Beth. It was poorly executed (no pun intended) though. It seemed unrealistically fast that Dawn got her gun out.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
03-12-2014, 11:34 AM
There also wasn't really much explanation as to why Beth felt compelled to stab Dawn. Also it seemed out of character.
08-02-2015, 07:50 PM
Let's do this! Who's with me?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
08-02-2015, 09:33 PM
Cinematics were great. I don't the term for them but they were great.