The Walking Dead!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-10-2016, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2016 08:21 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: The Walking Dead!!!!
Saw the preview.

So Rick's alive, Lucy introduces him to his right hand man and then wonders whether he's already killed Rick's right hand. What can we infer from this? 1) not the sick pregnant woman, 2) not the boy, 3) ????

I'm going with the big red head. Might be the guy on the motorcycle with the crossbow though.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-10-2016, 08:29 AM
(18-10-2016 08:07 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Remember, Negan's group are stealing from other groups so it's really no surprise that they are eating well. You do raise a good point about the women. We know from a past episode that they do have some women in their group so it does make you wonder where they were in the final episode (I don't remember seeing any). I think Negan remaining the leader is perfectly realistic. Many people are perfectly happy letting someone else lead. For the ones that aren't, the leader usually lets them know who is boss and usually has a couple of buddies who are treated especially well to help make sure the leader stays in power. Plus, from that one episode where Rick's group took out that one savior house, it seems the saviors are normally split up into smaller groups. They probably came together just for this one event with Rick's group. They had already seen that Rick is a threat. However, with all the mean-spirited personalities in Negan's group, I would expect a lot of in-fighting.

Since there are a lot of religious undertones to the WD, I kind of looked at Negan as kind of a Satanic god to these people. In the Bible, Nero is considered the Anti-Christ. So is Negan a combo of Nero and Satan? I dunno. Anyway, I think his people both fear and admire him.

I also think in times of horrible events--people have lost their families, their lives as they know them, security, safety, etc.--and here is someone (much like the Governor) who is offering them food, safety, shelter, survival. And as we've seen in a previous episode, if you try to leave or don't do what they say, they will come after you.

I also think the mantra "We are all Negan" shows that some if not all consider themselves to be "Negan" so there would be no need of uprising. Even though, in reality, Negan clearly is the leader, these people may be so far brainwashed into the mantra--that they actually believe it, even if not true.

Anyway, WD is almost here! But I am scared for my faves Undecided
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-10-2016, 08:37 AM
(18-10-2016 08:13 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Saw the preview.

I thought about that too. Maybe "right hand man" rules out the women, but I'm not sure. "Right hand man" is an expression referring to a position/job/status and so a woman could be considered a right-hand man. My guess is still with Abraham though (the red head). I don't think Daryl (crossbow) is going to be the one because he draws too many fans to the show. It has to be someone important enough to be worthy of the summer-long suspense, but not so important that the show will lose viewers. Therefore, it won't be Michonne either and we know it's not Rick. It's probably not Glenn since the recent bringing him back from the dead would then just be silly. Sasha, Maggie, and Abraham fit the best. Aaron, Tara, and Eugene probably aren't important enough to keep us waiting all summer. Carl was already ruled out per the line about feeding his eyeballs to his father if he moves (I mentioned earlier up the thread).

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
18-10-2016, 08:38 AM

So Rick's alive, Lucy introduces him to his right hand man and then wonders whether he's already killed Rick's right hand. What can we infer from this? 1) not the sick pregnant woman, 2) not the boy, 3) ????

I'm going with the big red head. Might be the guy on the motorcycle with the crossbow though.

I was talking to Guley about this--I'm going with Glenn and Maggie. But from online blogs etc., many people agree with you, Girly. I definitely think Abraham is a strong possibility.
18-10-2016, 08:39 AM
(18-10-2016 08:37 AM)Impulse Wrote:  

I thought about that too. Maybe "right hand man" rules out the women, but I'm not sure. "Right hand man" is an expression referring to a position/job/status and so a woman could be considered a right-hand man. My guess is still with Abraham though (the red head). I don't think Daryl (crossbow) is going to be the one because he draws too many fans to the show. It has to be someone important enough to be worthy of the summer-long suspense, but not so important that the show will lose viewers. Therefore, it won't be Michonne either and we know it's not Rick. It's probably not Glenn since the recent bringing him back from the dead would then just be silly. Sasha, Maggie, and Abraham fit the best. Aaron, Tara, and Eugene probably aren't important enough to keep us waiting all summer. Carl was already ruled out per the line about feeding his eyeballs to his father if he moves (I mentioned earlier up the thread).

I think in the preview, Negan says "Or those that are left" which could mean he Lucilled more than one.
18-10-2016, 08:43 AM
(18-10-2016 08:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Since there are a lot of religious undertones to the WD, I kind of looked at Negan as kind of a Satanic god to these people. In the Bible, Nero is considered the Anti-Christ. So is Negan a combo of Nero and Satan? I dunno. Anyway, I think his people both fear and admire him.

I also think in times of horrible events--people have lost their families, their lives as they know them, security, safety, etc.--and here is someone (much like the Governor) who is offering them food, safety, shelter, survival. And as we've seen in a previous episode, if you try to leave or don't do what they say, they will come after you.

I also think the mantra "We are all Negan" shows that some if not all consider themselves to be "Negan" so there would be no need of uprising. Even though, in reality, Negan clearly is the leader, these people may be so far brainwashed into the mantra--that they actually believe it, even if not true.

I think you are right that they both fear and admire Negan. About the mantra, it's tough to say what that's all about. I was thinking maybe they say it to protect Negan so it makes it harder to determine exactly who he is until people find out directly. Like when Rick killed that one guy who claimed to be Negan - probably left Rick at least unsure about whether he may have really killed Negan. Without that, Rick would have known he hadn't.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
18-10-2016, 08:46 AM
(18-10-2016 08:39 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think in the preview, Negan says "Or those that are left" which could mean he Lucilled more than one.
Yeah, it was something like that. I was wondering about that myself. Maybe he just meant because the others are still outside with Negan's gang, if any step out of line while he's dealing with Rick, they could end up killed.

18-10-2016, 08:47 AM
(18-10-2016 08:43 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 08:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Since there are a lot of religious undertones to the WD, I kind of looked at Negan as kind of a Satanic god to these people. In the Bible, Nero is considered the Anti-Christ. So is Negan a combo of Nero and Satan? I dunno. Anyway, I think his people both fear and admire him.

I think you are right that they both fear and admire Negan. About the mantra, it's tough to say what that's all about. I was thinking maybe they say it to protect Negan so it makes it harder to determine exactly who he is until people find out directly. Like when Rick killed that one guy who claimed to be Negan - probably left Rick at least unsure about whether he may have really killed Negan. Without that, Rick would have known he hadn't.

Agreed. Although, I think in their minds they believe "We are all Negan." But Negan uses that false belief as a way to camouflage himself.
18-10-2016, 12:55 PM
Further support for sideburns is the fact that whoever it was survived the first kiss from Lucille. Not many could do that.

#sigh
18-10-2016, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2016 02:24 PM by Impulse.)
The really tough part is not just surviving, but surviving without even screaming out. I think Abraham, Sasha, Glenn, Daryl, and Rick (but we know it's not him) could probably all do that.

Edit:
Ugh, left out Michonne! I think she could do that as well.