The Walking Dead!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-02-2017, 07:02 AM
RE: The Walking Dead!!!!
(27-02-2017 12:45 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  At least someone died this week. Even if it was some bit player. Show's turned into a goddam soap opera.

What's this "turned" shit? Always was a soap opera. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
27-02-2017, 02:32 PM
(26-02-2017 09:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I really liked this episode. I am on the fence as to whether or not Eugene has went to the other side or is just doing this as a survival technique. I do think he likes being treated like a "smarty pants" but he also saw what Negan is capable of and what he did to Glenn and Abraham.

Me too. All the while I was watching, I was thinking he was doing what it takes to survive, but I've been thinking about it since and now I'm not sure. There are a lot of reasons I could see him joining with Negan. Eugene doesn't like "roughing it" much and never has. This is as close to how things used to be as he will probably ever get - good food, nice room, video games, etc... and being on the same side as the biggest threat doesn't hurt either. From the beginning he lied out of cowardice and to find some security in having Abraham and Rosita around. It could be that he is now going to find the same security in Negan (as long as he continues to do exactly what Negan wants).

On the other hand, his character has always seemed better than that. Even though he was willing to be dishonest, that's a long way from the type of stuff Negan does. Also, Eugene has been more and more willing to help out lately with fighting the walker herd at Alexandria, driving the RV during Negan's attack, and figuring out how to make the bullets.

This is a tough call so I too am on the fence.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
27-02-2017, 03:13 PM
(26-02-2017 09:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  "Can I have lobster?" Laugh out load

I really liked this episode. I am on the fence as to whether or not Eugene has went to the other side or is just doing this as a survival technique. I do think he likes being treated like a "smarty pants" but he also saw what Negan is capable of and what he did to Glenn and Abraham.

That last point is why I think he'll never go over to the Saviors completely.

Anybody else think it would be ridiculously easy to take out Negan if they were in Eugene's place? Guy walks around carrying a bat. I know the casual strut is meant to be intimidating, but seriously, shiv the guy in the spine when he's monologuing. The rest of the Saviors would fold faster than Superman on laundry day.

Btw, joining this forum sort of feels like I just joined the Rick/Atlanta group.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
[+] 2 users Like Vivian Darkbloom's post
27-02-2017, 03:32 PM
(27-02-2017 03:13 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  
(26-02-2017 09:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  "Can I have lobster?" Laugh out load

I really liked this episode. I am on the fence as to whether or not Eugene has went to the other side or is just doing this as a survival technique. I do think he likes being treated like a "smarty pants" but he also saw what Negan is capable of and what he did to Glenn and Abraham.

Btw, joining this forum sort of feels like I just joined the Rick/Atlanta group.

That's because at TTA we have

[Image: 376ac59bc6118e38b3f0087c49ca7d6b.jpg]

Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
27-02-2017, 06:12 PM
(27-02-2017 03:13 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  Btw, joining this forum sort of feels like I just joined the Rick/Atlanta group.

Wise decision! Evil_monster

[Image: 335ce290-5dfa-11e4-951e-8b11381f8edc_Joi...eed-Us.gif]

I kid Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
01-03-2017, 08:43 PM
"Can I have lobster?"

That conversation.. I lol'd so hard.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Quote:Anybody else think it would be ridiculously easy to take out Negan if they were in Eugene's place? Guy walks around carrying a bat. I know the casual strut is meant to be intimidating, but seriously, shiv the guy in the spine when he's monologuing. The rest of the Saviors would fold faster than Superman on laundry day.

To reach the position he holds - leading immature, violent brutes and bullies - he's probably had to deal with a lot of attempted shivings.
Plus, if only he dies, his army and the outpost commanders will likely run rampant with the enslaved communities. Better to wait until a solution for the entire Savior problem comes along.

"Old men make old words holy. - A fool may scrawl on a slate and if no one has the wit to wipe it clean for a thousand years the scrawl becomes the wisdom of ages."

Honorous J. Ancrath
03-03-2017, 07:36 PM
(03-03-2017 07:18 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  
Quote:Anybody else think it would be ridiculously easy to take out Negan if they were in Eugene's place? Guy walks around carrying a bat. I know the casual strut is meant to be intimidating, but seriously, shiv the guy in the spine when he's monologuing. The rest of the Saviors would fold faster than Superman on laundry day.

To reach the position he holds - leading immature, violent brutes and bullies - he's probably had to deal with a lot of attempted shivings.
Plus, if only he dies, his army and the outpost commanders will likely run rampant with the enslaved communities. Better to wait until a solution for the entire Savior problem comes along.

But violent brutes and bullies are at bottom cowards. They're all scared of him 'cause of the head smashings. I doubt any of them have tried to take him out, and if they have, he's known they were pissed at him (see Dwight). Eugene is in the perfect position...if only he wasn't a coward, too.

Maybe we just figured out how I would die during the zombie apocalypse.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
05-03-2017, 07:13 PM
This week, on the Walking Dead:

Rick & Michone go on a date, to the park. Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
05-03-2017, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2017 09:47 PM by Thoreauvian.)
(removed)