The Walking Dead!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-04-2017, 08:54 PM
RE: The Walking Dead!!!!
Was a good episode. I liked it. Didn't think we'd see the end of Negan right away anyway. Eugene--what a fuck. Loved Shiva helping to save the day. Those trash people--fuck them all! Tongue Glad Carl and Michonne are okay. I did think Rick might lose a hand or two...glad he's still in one piece. Rosita...meh.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2017, 09:00 PM
So one fucking major character dies. goddammit.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
02-04-2017, 11:00 PM
(02-04-2017 09:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So one fucking major character dies. goddammit.

That's such an odd sentiment.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
03-04-2017, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2017 09:54 AM by Impulse.)
Overall the finale was good. There were things I liked and things I didn't.

Liked:
It was a great way for Sasha to go out - still fighting.
I also liked the way the writers tied it in with Abraham.
Negan finally didn't exactly get his way.
It was great to see the 3 groups working together (but, of course, the cat's out of the bag now for all of them).
Shiva! (I didn't think Carl was going to die, but I thought it was going to be Rick that stopped Negan somehow - totally didn't expect Shiva).

Didn't like:
When the Alexandrians turned on the scavengers, why did nobody think about shooting Jadis? The scavengers had just betrayed them, but no one thought about taking out their leader and while she was standing on the tower like a beacon?

It also wasn't realistic that the Alexandrians could successfully turn on the scavengers. There were far more scavengers and, for the most part, they were behind Alexandrians with guns pointed. And, given this situation, it also makes sense that so few Alexandrians died in the battle.

It's totally unrealistic that no one shot Shiva immediately. They're all standing there with guns and in comes a threat to their lives, but no one shoots... Rolleyes

Did anyone actually believe that Michonne had died? That totally didn't work. For one thing, the scream sounded nothing like her.

Eugene... fuck him! Rick made the right call deciding to kill him with the Saviors. Eugene made his choice. Sad Too bad Rick didn't succeed.

Edit: 2nd paragraph under "didn't like" should say "it also doesn't make sense that so few Alexandrians died in the battle".

Edit: (in spoiler)

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
03-04-2017, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2017 09:34 AM by Shai Hulud.)
Since we're all on the Eugene hate train...he really seems like someone who deserves in this apocalypse, to be shot in the gut, left to bleed out, then become a walker. Except, here's my thought; if Rick continues down the path of darkness he seems intent on compared to his early show incarnation, it would be interesting to keep Walker-Eugene around as a symbol, "this is what happens when you f*** with Rick".

Edit: Also, an idea I'd love to see in a piece of fanfiction. nBSG meets Walking Dead. They finally get to Earth only to find it overrun by Zombies. The Centurions nope away and tell the humans and remaining biocylons that they can just take back the planet on their own. Even with Galactica crippled, it would be interesting to see the use of Raptors, vipers, and trained marines against the Walkers, as well as the negotiations with various human communities and the worldwide situation as a whole. Not to mention the theory that the virus is airborne and activates upon death, as Rick was told at the CDC all the way back in season one, we're all carriers. I could see the Colonials learning this the hard way after someone dies of natural causes back in the fleet and reanimates after being on Earth. Sure enough, now everyone is infected with the 'curse of the Thirteenth' and will reanimate upon death.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
03-04-2017, 09:51 AM
(03-04-2017 07:24 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Overall the finale was good. There were things I liked and things I didn't.

Liked:
It was a great way for Sasha to go out - still fighting.
I also liked the way the writers tied it in with Abraham.
Negan finally didn't exactly get his way.
It was great to see the 3 groups working together (but, of course, the cat's out of the bag now for all of them).
Shiva! (I didn't think Carl was going to die, but I thought it was going to be Rick that stopped Negan somehow - totally didn't expect Shiva).

Didn't like:
When the Alexandrians turned on the scavengers, why did nobody think about shooting Jadis? The scavengers had just betrayed them, but no one thought about taking out their leader and while she was standing on the tower like a beacon?

It also wasn't realistic that the Alexandrians could successfully turn on the scavengers. There were far more scavengers and, for the most part, they were behind Alexandrians with guns pointed. And, given this situation, it also makes sense that so few Alexandrians died in the battle.

It's totally unrealistic that no one shot Shiva immediately. They're all standing there with guns and in comes a threat to their lives, but no one shoots... Rolleyes

Did anyone actually believe that Michonne had died? That totally didn't work. For one thing, the scream sounded nothing like her.

Eugene... fuck him! Rick made the right call deciding to kill him with the Saviors. Eugene made his choice. Sad Too bad Rick didn't succeed.

I agree, the Shiva thing, I mean the first one maybe because who the fuck would see that happening if they are all looking at Rick and Carl and Negan, but the other times? Tongue Although, there was total chaos, but you are right.

I thought it was a bit of a leap for Rick to trust the Scavengers-I understand they needed an army, but still. They threw him in a pit with a Mad Max walker dude.

I'm hoping Sasha was right and Eugene can turn things around. I do like him as a character.

I liked the Sasha/Abe scenes, it kind of flushed out their rship a bit more. I also think it gave her impetus to do what she did, and in a sense, went out fighting for both of them.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
03-04-2017, 10:04 AM
(03-04-2017 09:51 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I thought it was a bit of a leap for Rick to trust the Scavengers-I understand they needed an army, but still. They threw him in a pit with a Mad Max walker dude.
I agree. I had expected they would turn on Rick's group after defeating Negan and become the new Negan. This was different, but certainly not a shocker. With the walker pit, the insistence on guns first, the tentative committing even when Rick brought a lot of guns, and the overall strangeness of Jadis, they seemed like a bad partnership all along.

(03-04-2017 09:51 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm hoping Sasha was right and Eugene can turn things around. I do like him as a character.
Not me, I've been waiting for him to bite the dust for a long time now. He has been an annoying character right from the beginning and nothing but dead weight. I did like him a little better lately since he has stepped up a bit more (helping fight the walker herd, coming up with the plan to make bullets, volunteering to drive the RV during last season's finale), but he has always seemed too cowardly for the most part to do the right things.

(03-04-2017 09:51 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I liked the Sasha/Abe scenes, it kind of flushed out their rship a bit more. I also think it gave her impetus to do what she did, and in a sense, went out fighting for both of them.
I agree. They seemed a bit too close too fast last season, but this helped show there was more going on than we were necessarily shown on screen.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
04-04-2017, 06:50 PM
(03-04-2017 10:04 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I've been waiting for him to bite the dust for a long time now. He has been an annoying character right from the beginning and nothing but dead weight. I did like him a little better lately since he has stepped up a bit more (helping fight the walker herd, coming up with the plan to make bullets, volunteering to drive the RV during last season's finale), but he has always seemed too cowardly for the most part to do the right things.

Aaaaand I predict you'll be disappointed Tongue
He's a bullet maker. And it'd prolly suck for a Savior emptying an assault rifle's magazine to find out only half of them have powder in the cartridges. Wink
He's still got time to redeem himself. Consider Then again, redemption doesn't necessarily mean he can't 'eat it', too.

04-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Ugh, so disappointed in this season Sad Sloppy writing, too many irrelevant scenes and actors taking up the season, and it's starting to resemble a contrived, cheap zombie movie. I can't believe it's the same show I fell in love with last year when I binge watched it. Sadcryface

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
04-04-2017, 09:27 PM
That whole fight scene was the most unrealistic thing in the entirety of this tv program. Zombies and Abraham and Sasha getting together included.

I mean I'm glad shit finally went down but seriously...

[Image: oscar.png]