The Walking Dead!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-10-2017, 10:13 PM
RE: The Walking Dead!!!!
I liked it too. Scott M. Gimple said in The Talking Dead afterward that we will learn "the final fate" of that baby. So that was apparently left hanging deliberately. What I found a bit confusing in this episode is why the group seems to be split up and attacking different outposts instead of confronting one at a time all together. That hasn't been explained so I found myself wondering for a while if they were attacking the same one from different angles or actually different outposts. Also, the outpost where Morgan was involved was apparently the outpost they had attacked once before. I didn't even recognize it, but they mentioned that in The Talking Dead too. Morales was an interesting twist, but it seemed odd. If memory serves, I thought they had said he and his family were heading to Texas back in season 1. I suppose any number of things could explain how he didn't end up there, but it seems a bit far fetched out of the whole big country that he would run across Rick again.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
30-10-2017, 05:22 AM
(29-10-2017 10:13 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I liked it too. Scott M. Gimple said in The Talking Dead afterward that we will learn "the final fate" of that baby. So that was apparently left hanging deliberately. What I found a bit confusing in this episode is why the group seems to be split up and attacking different outposts instead of confronting one at a time all together. That hasn't been explained so I found myself wondering for a while if they were attacking the same one from different angles or actually different outposts. Also, the outpost where Morgan was involved was apparently the outpost they had attacked once before. I didn't even recognize it, but they mentioned that in The Talking Dead too. Morales was an interesting twist, but it seemed odd. If memory serves, I thought they had said he and his family were heading to Texas back in season 1. I suppose any number of things could explain how he didn't end up there, but it seems a bit far fetched out of the whole big country that he would run across Rick again.

The tv blurb prior to the episode said Rick was going to come across someone from the past, I thought it might be that guy that got split up from Tara when they were at that all women's camp.

I was surprised by Morales too and his willingness to throw Rick over to Negan. I know things have changed and so do people given that type of situation of all out worldwide chaos, but that part seemed farfetched too.

The only reason I can think of for the multiple outpost attacks is that they were trying to hit all of them at once to take out as many people as they could. If only one area was hit then the other areas could find out about this and double their protection or leave. Negan still has more guns and more people so maybe the sneak attack at multiple locations all at once was meant to stop any of that from happening.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
30-10-2017, 08:11 AM
Anybody else telling Rick to pick up the damn baby. Yeah, you didn't know dude was it's father, and just trying to protect his kid, but suck it up, and take it home. Somebody'll change it's diapers once you get it back to Alexandria.

One thing hitting the Saviors in one spot would do is allow all their outposts to reinforce that one place with all their numbers together. I imagine it might be easier to take them on Outpost by Outpost instead of all at once.

Also, I hope they don't expect the possible death of Eric to cause me concern for anything other than the mental state of his boyfriend; the character that's actually been given enough screen time for us to become invested in. I couldn't remember dude's name until Aaron spoke it out loud. Blush

Good episode, tho. Shy Just wish Morgan had karate killed Squealer-man. Angel

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
30-10-2017, 10:32 AM
(30-10-2017 05:22 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The only reason I can think of for the multiple outpost attacks is that they were trying to hit all of them at once to take out as many people as they could. If only one area was hit then the other areas could find out about this and double their protection or leave. Negan still has more guns and more people so maybe the sneak attack at multiple locations all at once was meant to stop any of that from happening.
That makes sense. I just wish one of the characters had said this is what they were doing so I wasn't left spending half the episode trying to figure out if they were all at the same location or different ones.

(30-10-2017 08:11 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Anybody else telling Rick to pick up the damn baby. Yeah, you didn't know dude was it's father, and just trying to protect his kid, but suck it up, and take it home. Somebody'll change it's diapers once you get it back to Alexandria.
I was thinking the same. Judith could use a sister. But I was wondering for a minute if Rick was going to kill the baby since leaving her behind is almost the same anyway. I was relieved that he didn't.

(30-10-2017 08:11 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Also, I hope they don't expect the possible death of Eric to cause me concern for anything other than the mental state of his boyfriend; the character that's actually been given enough screen time for us to become invested in. I couldn't remember dude's name until Aaron spoke it out loud. Blush
LOL, I couldn't remember his name either.

(30-10-2017 08:11 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Good episode, tho. Shy Just wish Morgan had karate killed Squealer-man. Angel
Agreed. I also wish Jesus wasn't being so merciful. They can't afford to be wrong. I mean clearly the guy that wet his pants wasn't just a worker going along with Negan out of fear. At least kill him. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
05-11-2017, 09:03 PM
RIZ: Rest in Zombieland, Eric. I liked the Jesus/Morgan martial arts showdown. The ending was a good one. "Not one"...yeah not so much. No

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
06-11-2017, 08:40 AM
I liked the Jesus/Morgan fight too. I just wish Morgan had won and shot all those Saviors. Jesus is ticking me off with this "we don't execute" attitude. What can they really do with those people? There are no prisons to lock them up in and setting them free would be too risky so there is only one sensible alternative in my opinion. Keeping them alive is going to come back and bite them. Dodgy

Eric's death was sad, but we hardly knew him so it didn't feel like the loss of a major character. I can't believe they didn't stab his brain though. I know there was a herd, but he was Aaron's love. I don't know, it seems like they could have gotten it done somehow.

Wow, Morales is back? Oh, bye now...
(Thanks Daryl, good call.)

Then... apparently Daryl is not a man of Rick's word! Laugh out load

Gregory... really Maggie? Your first decision was better. They should put him with the Saviors prisoners now.

The ending... damn. Sad

06-11-2017, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2017 09:34 AM by jennybee.)
(06-11-2017 08:40 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I liked the Jesus/Morgan fight too. I just wish Morgan had won and shot all those Saviors. Jesus is ticking me off with this "we don't execute" attitude. What can they really do with those people? There are no prisons to lock them up in and setting them free would be too risky so there is only one sensible alternative in my opinion. Keeping them alive is going to come back and bite them. Dodgy

Eric's death was sad, but we hardly knew him so it didn't feel like the loss of a major character. I can't believe they didn't stab his brain though. I know there was a herd, but he was Aaron's love. I don't know, it seems like they could have gotten it done somehow.

Wow, Morales is back? Oh, bye now...
(Thanks Daryl, good call.)

Then... apparently Daryl is not a man of Rick's word! Laugh out load

Gregory... really Maggie? Your first decision was better. They should put him with the Saviors prisoners now.

The ending... damn. Sad

I think Daryl should have just wounded Morales and took his weapons. The second guy, that was a tough call because the situation seemed kinda shady and who's to say he wouldn't have shot them.

I can get Jesus' point that these people surrendered...and some of the people were bullied into following Negan, but then you've got that jerky long haired dude who just wants to start trouble, so I'm sure there are some of those people mixed in too. I can see both sides in terms of Tara and Jesus.

Gregory, I would not have let in. Screw him.

Eric--I agree with you, didnt really know him enough as a character to miss him on the show, but Aaron's reaction was sad to watch. I kept screaming at my tv--go shoot him so he doesn't wander the earth eating brains! I'm not sure why Aaron didn't--unless that wasnt really Eric and Eric was taken by Negan's people and that's something taht will come out later. Until then, Jesus and Aaron, a new romance? Consider It's been all over the Internet. People wanting them to hook up now that Eric is gone Tongue

And the baby...I'm wondering how all of this is going to work with 3 babies in the apocalypse. Seems like a lot of babies in the cast lol.

06-11-2017, 11:27 AM
(06-11-2017 09:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think Daryl should have just wounded Morales and took his weapons. The second guy, that was a tough call because the situation seemed kinda shady and who's to say he wouldn't have shot them.
I'm on the "take no more chances" bandwagon. Morales seemed pretty clearly on Negan's team. No one really knew him all that well even in season 1 so maybe he wasn't all that great even then. Had someone been really close to him and knew he was a great guy, I might be more inclined to try to turn him back around, but with too many unknowns, I'm with Daryl - "it doesn't matter". What matters is the safety of the group. JMHO. Smile

(06-11-2017 09:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I can get Jesus' point that these people surrendered...and some of the people were bullied into following Negan, but then you've got that jerky long haired dude who just wants to start trouble, so I'm sure there are some of those people mixed in too. I can see both sides in terms of Tara and Jesus.
I do agree that some people are there because they were bullied and it's undesirable to kill those people. But unfortunately there isn't a good way to know who is who. Meanwhile it seems all but guaranteed to backfire by keeping the prisoners. Plus, after what that long-haired guy did to that kid he killed (I forget his name - the one Morgan was mentoring), there is no reason for taking any chances with him.

(06-11-2017 09:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Eric--I agree with you, didnt really know him enough as a character to miss him on the show, but Aaron's reaction was sad to watch. I kept screaming at my tv--go shoot him so he doesn't wander the earth eating brains! I'm not sure why Aaron didn't--unless that wasnt really Eric and Eric was taken by Negan's people and that's something taht will come out later. Until then, Jesus and Aaron, a new romance? Consider It's been all over the Internet. People wanting them to hook up now that Eric is gone Tongue
That's an interesting thought about Eric that he could show up later. Although they did pronounce him dead on The Talking Dead. But he could show up even as a walker.

I don't get the Aaron/Jesus thing. Am I forgetting something? Did Jesus come out as gay? I don't remember that.

(06-11-2017 09:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  And the baby...I'm wondering how all of this is going to work with 3 babies in the apocalypse. Seems like a lot of babies in the cast lol.
Yeah, I was already thinking the same thing with Maggie's baby on the way. I've been wondering if the baby will actually be born or if something will happen to conveniently remove that added complication. However, now there is another one.

06-11-2017, 11:37 AM
(06-11-2017 11:27 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 09:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think Daryl should have just wounded Morales and took his weapons. The second guy, that was a tough call because the situation seemed kinda shady and who's to say he wouldn't have shot them.
I'm on the "take no more chances" bandwagon. Morales seemed pretty clearly on Negan's team. No one really knew him all that well even in season 1 so maybe he wasn't all that great even then. Had someone been really close to him and knew he was a great guy, I might be more inclined to try to turn him back around, but with too many unknowns, I'm with Daryl - "it doesn't matter". What matters is the safety of the group. JMHO. Smile

(06-11-2017 09:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I can get Jesus' point that these people surrendered...and some of the people were bullied into following Negan, but then you've got that jerky long haired dude who just wants to start trouble, so I'm sure there are some of those people mixed in too. I can see both sides in terms of Tara and Jesus.
I do agree that some people are there because they were bullied and it's undesirable to kill those people. But unfortunately there isn't a good way to know who is who. Meanwhile it seems all but guaranteed to backfire by keeping the prisoners. Plus, after what that long-haired guy did to that kid he killed (I forget his name - the one Morgan was mentoring), there is no reason for taking any chances with him.

(06-11-2017 09:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Eric--I agree with you, didnt really know him enough as a character to miss him on the show, but Aaron's reaction was sad to watch. I kept screaming at my tv--go shoot him so he doesn't wander the earth eating brains! I'm not sure why Aaron didn't--unless that wasnt really Eric and Eric was taken by Negan's people and that's something taht will come out later. Until then, Jesus and Aaron, a new romance? Consider It's been all over the Internet. People wanting them to hook up now that Eric is gone Tongue
That's an interesting thought about Eric that he could show up later. Although they did pronounce him dead on The Talking Dead. But he could show up even as a walker.

I don't get the Aaron/Jesus thing. Am I forgetting something? Did Jesus come out as gay? I don't remember that.

(06-11-2017 09:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  And the baby...I'm wondering how all of this is going to work with 3 babies in the apocalypse. Seems like a lot of babies in the cast lol.
Yeah, I was already thinking the same thing with Maggie's baby on the way. I've been wondering if the baby will actually be born or if something will happen to conveniently remove that added complication. However, now there is another one.

I hear you, I don't think it's an easy call with who the good guys are or the bad guys are. And like happened with that Betsy Wetsy guy who peed himself, he was only pretending to be anti-Negan until he turned on Jesus. I just think at the same time, it's hard because Negan took that doctor from the Hilltop (and he didn't even want to go). And Daryl (same). And those women that were in the black dresses that wanted a pill from Eugene to kill Negan. But you are right, how can you tell which ones are *for sure* the good guys.

Jesus said something during one episode that he moved around a lot, and had to leave friends and *boyfriends* behind.

06-11-2017, 12:12 PM
(06-11-2017 11:37 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I hear you, I don't think it's an easy call with who the good guys are or the bad guys are. And like happened with that Betsy Wetsy guy who peed himself, he was only pretending to be anti-Negan until he turned on Jesus. I just think at the same time, it's hard because Negan took that doctor from the Hilltop (and he didn't even want to go). And Daryl (same). And those women that were in the black dresses that wanted a pill from Eugene to kill Negan. But you are right, how can you tell which ones are *for sure* the good guys.
I'm glad it's not real and I'm glad it's not me having to make those calls. Tongue

(06-11-2017 11:37 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Jesus said something during one episode that he moved around a lot, and had to leave friends and *boyfriends* behind.
That rings a vague bell now that you mention it. I had completely forgotten that.